NARS Night Star

NARS Night Star

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It looks so pretty in the pan, but alas, it's really nothing special. I always ended up with the micro-sparkles all over and had to mop up with a cotton ball and make up remover (and then still had a sparkle or two somewhere on my face). It's totally over priced at $25 (or more?).

However, I found a great, affordable alternative that gives the Night Star look I was hoping for: check out Sephora's jumbo eye pencil in beige (#502) and pass on NARS Night Star.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the overall shadow (including the glitter that doesn't show up)--but the part that I really didn't care for was I feel that this eye shadow is chalky, dry, and breaks up easily. I huge chunk of this eye shadow broke off hours after buying it. I am not sure why..no harm was done to the eye shadow. The quality is on the fair/poor side. I really love the peachy/golden shadow but I think that NARS eye shadows are more about the "hype" than the quality. I really love NARS blush..so lush and pigmented. I was just hoping that NARS Night Star was going to be more pigmented and make my eyes look pretty. This eye shadow isn't worth it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow is supposed to be very sparkly however, no matter how you apply it, the eye shadow does not appear glittery on the eye. Well you can hardly see the colour on your eyes let alone the glitter in it. You get a lot of fallout from this eyeshadow and the glitter from the shadow ends up all over your face. I use a primer and and eye base and even that does not help.
I have tried different brushes and even tried to apply with my fingers but nothing works.
I would not buy this eye shadow again. I bought two other sparkly colours at the same time I bought this which I totally regret as they do the same as this shadow. I dont think I would buy a Nars eyeshadow again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For an expensive price tag NARS eyeshadows are definitely NOT WORTH IT!!!!! The colors don't show up very well on the skin, and it's very difficult to apply and pack on the color...Not good for blending...it's not even good as a base color. Spend your money on a better shadow

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I usually love my NARS shadows. Really I do. But I completely regret the $25 I spent on Night Star because frankly, it doesn't show up on my MAC NC 30/35 skin. At all. In the pan it looked like a gorgeous shimmery light beige that would create a polished but not glitzy look - Night star pretty much creates no look period. It's pigment level is really really low and any shimmer in the pan is undetectable on your skin. Pretty much any color in the pan is undetectable on your skin. To make things worse, it crumbled horribly in the pan after a while. I would have expected this from a $5 drugstore eyeshadow, not an eyeshadow from NARS. BIG dissapointment.

Urgh! This eyeshadow looks so pretty in the container, but it's nothing more than glitter! No color shows up at all.. just glitter!
I'm not a fan of the 13 year old glittery makeup look, so I will not be re-purchasing.
I'm so disappointed NARS!

on 8/10/2005 11:03:00 AM

I donít know quite what to think about this eye shadow is all about. Itís a faint peach color infused with tiny gold sparkles (not quite chunky enough to be considered glitter). Being the peach is actually a sheer matte that doesnít show up at all on my NC35 skin. I think the powder itself actually doesnít adhere well to my skin, despite me using a base. I suppose this is the ultimate natural eyeshadow color for me, ha ha. I usually just use it in conjunction with my other NARS eyeshadows to help blend them down or give them a dusting of light sparkle. Too bad the sparkle doesnít really last that long. Fortunately I acquired this in a swap, but I will not be re-buying it should I ever run out.

on 6/24/2005 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

In the pan this has tons of little sparkles & it looks so pretty. The minute I put it on me eyelid I saw NOTHING. It has a nice texture but no pigment. Would not buy again.

on 12/9/2004 1:24:00 PM

I fall into the same camp with most of the other reviewers. I fell in love with this shade on my finger and hand, but it merely looked a little shimmery when I put it on my eyelids. GREAT nude color, but I don't wear eyeshadow so my eyelids look slightly more nude colored than they look naked--I wanted some seriously beautiful sparkly neutral OOMPH, and this left me dissapointed and out $20! There are a million and one better options out there. I am taking it back today, and will hesitate to stray from my beloved Urban Decay again. Damn, and I usually love NARS.

on 5/14/2004 5:13:00 PM

Gorgeous in the pan -- and that's about it. It's a beautiful beigey peach with gold shimmer -- but it has below average pigmentation and doesn't stay put. Usually that's a 2 lippie rating, but given it's NARS and pricey, that makes it 1 for me. It isn't even versatile as a sheer wash, b/c usually I want my wash to be "truly" basic and not have sparkles. Plus it crumbles easily (parts of it are shattered even though I didn't drop it). No repurchase.