NARS Cosmetics Night Star

NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.4

on 6/14/2001 4:38:00 PM

The colour is a wonderful peach-champagne with gold sparkles. It looks so pretty in the case that I hardly want to touch it. Like all Nars compacts, it is rubber (very high quality) and it has a mirror too. It goes on sheer but that can easily be corrected with an eyeshadow base. For someone who wants eyeshadows to be relatively painless, this probably isnt the shadow for you. It takes some skill to make the colour come out. One tiny reserve on this would be the price. Pricey in Canadian dollars.

on 6/21/2001 12:50:00 PM

Nightstar has to be the most classic color nars has. Rumored to be Sarah Jessica Parkers shadow of choice (which I believe to be true) this is one must have from his line. The color is a fleshy- your eyes but better color- with micro mini gold sparkles. Its perfect for a sophisticated look with a bit more sparkle. Super for adults who want to have a bit more fun then the convential matte e/s but who don't want to be asked "where the rave is" The compact is great- rubberized and complete with a mirror. It isn't cheap, but its worth it IMHO!

on 6/23/2001 2:29:00 PM

Beautiful eyeshadow! Since I have very fair skin this eyecolor makes my eyes pop! Sarah Jessica Parker uses this on SATC and the color really works on her as well, but if you have medium toned skin or darker, this color wouldn't do much of anything for you.

on 7/24/2001 8:26:00 PM

Very beautiful to look at and even on for about an hour. But then the gold shimmer just vanishes. It doesn't fall on the cheeks, it just disppears! Very weird! For the money, it should last!

JT

on 7/31/2001 5:06:00 PM

This shadow didn't do mush for me an dI am fair skinned and expected it to be as wonderful for my skin tone as everyone said. What I didn't like is that it cast a sheer peachy to orangey shimmer to my lid (ever so slight but present) and then some gitter--looked positively odd. For a peachy shadow I much prefer the all about eve duo.

on 11/5/2001 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was thrilled to receive this in a swap!

This is a gorgeous sparkly (but not overpowering) peachy champagne color that is just gorgeous! Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long on my eyes. This was my first experience with NARS, and I was kind of sad when it cracked in my makeup bag!

I still use this eyeshadow and I love it to death.

on 11/9/2001 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This color looked SO PRETTY in the compact, I thought that maybe I shouldn't disturb it! It is a beautiful glittery peach color! A perfect, daily wear shade for me here in South Florida! I only wish that the glitter would show up better on its own (withouth the aid of an e/s base)... for that, I have to give it just 4 stars.

on 12/5/2001 10:47:00 PM

Wow! This has got to be the most gorgeous eyeshadows I have ever seen! I bought Shelaq to wear with this shadow and I havent had any problems with the glitter falling. I also love the NARS packaging. Major rave :)

on 1/19/2002 2:32:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow! This was my first experience with NARS, and I automatically want to try everything in this line. It's a gorgeous shade...I didn't use a base and the glitter showed up quite well. I'm sort of fair, so maybe that was why. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 2/4/2002 9:07:00 AM

This is so beautiful in the compact, but far less cool on me, sadly. I can't get the glitter to show up. If this could be applied wet it would be great, but the NARS formulation doesn't work wet. Could be really pretty if only it applied a bit better.