NARS Night Star

Filtered by age: 36-43
NARS Night Star

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It looks so pretty in the pan, but alas, it's really nothing special. I always ended up with the micro-sparkles all over and had to mop up with a cotton ball and make up remover (and then still had a sparkle or two somewhere on my face). It's totally over priced at $25 (or more?).

However, I found a great, affordable alternative that gives the Night Star look I was hoping for: check out Sephora's jumbo eye pencil in beige (#502) and pass on NARS Night Star.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Looks really nice on a pan. But that is about it. Worst Nars eyeshadow I have tried. Yellow/golden microglitter doesnt show at all. Not suitable for 'night'-look, more like summer/daytime eyeshadow. For best results try with primer and gunmetal grey.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow is supposed to be very sparkly however, no matter how you apply it, the eye shadow does not appear glittery on the eye. Well you can hardly see the colour on your eyes let alone the glitter in it. You get a lot of fallout from this eyeshadow and the glitter from the shadow ends up all over your face. I use a primer and and eye base and even that does not help.
I have tried different brushes and even tried to apply with my fingers but nothing works.
I would not buy this eye shadow again. I bought two other sparkly colours at the same time I bought this which I totally regret as they do the same as this shadow. I dont think I would buy a Nars eyeshadow again.

This is a beautiful shadow that I use as a highlight color.

Gorgeous with the pieces of glitter in it. LOVE.

on 2/13/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a vanilla / beige-ish color with gold flecks / shimmer. Its a very nice color in the pan, it doesn't show up so well on the lids. I use it sometimes, but its just kind of blah. I agree with other posters, for what this cost, it should show up. I guess it depends on what you want. If you want something really light, that you can't really see, this is for you. The packaging of these e/s are nice, there is a little mirror in them, but the color is not a repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Perfect shimmery flesh color! Night Star is the perfect color to go as a compliment to any other eyeshadow. It is a fleshy color with gold sparkles (NARS website describes the sparkles as "gold pearls"). Very neutral and the gold sparkles really are like teeny-tiny golden pearls twinkling around your eyes. The sparkles are conservative and are NOT over-the-top at all. They just go on as a light dusting of glimmer. Really lights up the eyes. I love Night Star paired with NARS Fuji (medium-deep green color) .... beautiful smoky eye look! Absolutely 5 lippies! :) ____UPDATE_____(8-27-06) Still loving this eyeshadow! This has become my HG of eyeshadows! I wear this alone a lot, and I also wear it OVER all of my other eyeshadow colors because I *LOVE* the tiny, shimmery golden pearls in it! I literally wear Night Star every single day, whether alone or over other eyeshadows. I love the way it just lights up my eyes! Instantly wakes up your whole entire face! Love, love, love! HG! _____UPDATE_#2___(3-9-07) Still loving Night Star! This has become my HG eyeshadow. I use this literally every single day. I cannot imagine what I'd do without it. It creates a perfect neutral nude eye look which is conservative and great for allowing my lips and cheeks to flaunt brighter colors, yet it also has that awesome golden pearly sparkle thing going on which just *lights up* my eyes. It's like a conservative "nude" eye that really isn't! That old wolf in sheep's clothing. It's a unique cross between wild sparkly night clubbing eyes and conservative soccer-mom country club eyes. It'll leave them guessing which one you are! LOL! And I'm not telling! Best, most versatile eyeshadow ever created IMHO. :)

on 4/23/2006 10:49:00 AM

I love love love this color! In a heartbeat, I would buy it again! And I'll have to soon, as I am beginning to see the metal pan shining through on the bottom...I have used this color sooo much! Looks great as a highlighter and also when I just need maximum results with minimal effort! I have tagged team this product with Nars Madly blush (yes, used the Madly as an eyeshadow, too!) and love the results. Run to your closest store and pick this up!