NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 25-29
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first eyeshadow that I have EVER hit the pan with. I use it every single day and it gives the right amount of sheen pretty gold sparkles that I can't live without this. It's very light, but come on- it's a gold/light eyeshadow- it's not going to have much layering power. It's a great color to always have in your bag for those inner corners, and brow bones! LOVE IT!

on 1/28/2008 12:17:00 AM

As with others, I had high expectations for this. Night Star is a sheer pale peachy porcelain colour with flecks of gold glitter in it. Unfortunately, it is too sheer for my liking. Just a little bit more pigmentation would have been great. And I wish the gold flecks could have been formulated to stick a bit better to the eyeshadow powder.

I tend to use it to highlight my browbone, which is quite nice. But I have to use quite a bit to get any sort of effect, and as a result, end up with too many glittery flecks all over the place. So I find that applying it wet makes it a bit more easier, as Nars eyeshadows can be applied wet.

Overall, a bit disappointed with this - mainly due to it's lack of pigmentation which is completely the opposite of other Nars eyeshadows I have used. I'll continue to use it as a brow highlighter & hopefull work out some other way of getting the glitter to stay in place!

on 3/10/2007 4:50:00 PM

This is a pale creamy ivory color with lots of very fine, gold sparkles. They are not fine enough to make this sheen-y, but twinkly and obvious and fun. I think I like this the best out of all the "Night" colors (I've tried Night Porter, Night Breed and Night Flight) since it's not a dull blackish gray on me like the dark colors are, but an actual color that's flattering and eye-brightening.

The texture also seems to be a bit better--not as hard and chalky as the others can be, but it's still too powdery and not creamy enough for my taste. But it is much smoother and easier to apply and blend than the others. Love the sexy NARS packaging of course. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase as this is too sparkly for me to wear during a normal workday, but it's great to have around for nights out and the sheerness makes it versatile, since you can add it on top of any other shadow to add some life.
continued >>

on 1/21/2006 6:00:00 PM

i'm surprised at the mediocre reviews for this! i love this eyeshadow! it's a light peach with shimmer, PERFECT for the natural look i love. when i don't want to put on a lot of makeup but i want to look wide eyed and awake i use this! its a bit expensive but a lil goes a long way! and paired with UD PP it stays put all day! i can even use it to tone down other brighter eye shadows or on the inner corners of my eyes to make them pop! its AWESOME!

on 9/13/2005 3:35:00 PM

beautiful gold sparkles. but like many other reviews say here, it doesn't show up as much as you'd expect. the best thing about this shadow is its packagaing! it's so cute that i wanna carry it everywhere with me (and show off) :) i love shimmers and sparkles so i'll probably use this up by applying it all around my eyes everyday (and on high cheeks), but i won't purchase it again.

on 7/5/2005 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

My first Nars e/s. Pretty in the pan, really sparkly, but very little pigment! I will not repurchase!

on 2/3/2005 9:50:00 AM

One of the worst Nars e/s I've tried so far.

I'm a devoted Nars fan and this is a hands-down shadow. The color looks so beautiful in the pan, a soft vainilla with lots of sparkles, which is all I get when I apply it. Nothing more! The color just doesn't show up at all and after a while all the micro glitters is in your cheeks instead of where they should be. Definetly no repurchase

on 12/9/2004 1:24:00 PM

I fall into the same camp with most of the other reviewers. I fell in love with this shade on my finger and hand, but it merely looked a little shimmery when I put it on my eyelids. GREAT nude color, but I don't wear eyeshadow so my eyelids look slightly more nude colored than they look naked--I wanted some seriously beautiful sparkly neutral OOMPH, and this left me dissapointed and out $20! There are a million and one better options out there. I am taking it back today, and will hesitate to stray from my beloved Urban Decay again. Damn, and I usually love NARS.

This sparkly eyeshadow is perfect for turning daytime makeup into nighttime makeup. The sparkle adds the necessary amount of glitz when you only have a few moments to touch up. I like to use it for layering over boring brown drugstore eyeshadow. For extra pizazz I apply it over the NARS glitter pencil in Danceteria.

on 5/14/2004 5:13:00 PM

Gorgeous in the pan -- and that's about it. It's a beautiful beigey peach with gold shimmer -- but it has below average pigmentation and doesn't stay put. Usually that's a 2 lippie rating, but given it's NARS and pricey, that makes it 1 for me. It isn't even versatile as a sheer wash, b/c usually I want my wash to be "truly" basic and not have sparkles. Plus it crumbles easily (parts of it are shattered even though I didn't drop it). No repurchase.