NARS Night Star

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24
NARS Night Star

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the perfect shade of natural glimmer for your eyes every day. I generally wear this eyeshadow on days I don't feel on doing an "all out" eyeshadow look which for me and my oily eyelids requires some primer underneath, and takes quite a bit of time. But if I just have 10 minutes to do my entire make up routine, it's very easy to just swipe a bit of this on my eyelids (usually I use a crease brush and put it all over up to the browbone, lightly). Then I put on some mascara, sometimes I wear eyeliner if I feel like it, and for my eyes, that's it! And suprisingly, it's this simple eyeshadow that has made people give me so many compliments - saying that my eyes "sparkle". And frankly, that alone makes this shadow worth it.
t definitely isn't pigmented though, unlike most NARS. It's very soft color, and I use it just to be a nude wash of glitter . But actually, this color is great for warmer skintones. Truly, I would buy this shadow again if I were to lose it or something, but so far I've had it for almost a year, worn it almost every day, and have barely made a dent in it.

The packaging is very good too. Classic Nars rubberized compact, complete with mirror. Definitely worth the money.

on 6/21/2001 12:50:00 PM

Nightstar has to be the most classic color nars has. Rumored to be Sarah Jessica Parkers shadow of choice (which I believe to be true) this is one must have from his line. The color is a fleshy- your eyes but better color- with micro mini gold sparkles. Its perfect for a sophisticated look with a bit more sparkle. Super for adults who want to have a bit more fun then the convential matte e/s but who don't want to be asked "where the rave is" The compact is great- rubberized and complete with a mirror. It isn't cheap, but its worth it IMHO!

I first tried this shadow in the NARS 9941 palette and I loved it used it almost everyday until it was gone I was going to buy the single shadow but it slowly went down on my shopping list and over time was forgotten when I got the chance to get the single in a swap I took it and I am so happy to have this color again and even more happy not to have to have paid the $24.00 price tag that comes along with it. Would I buy this should I run out again hell yeah.

on 12/22/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Its so glittery. I love glittery eyeshadow and this was it. It shows up too well on my NW45 eye and it's the most beautiful color I've ever seen/used! This is my favorite eyeshadow. I use it for night or day!

Update: This is terrible now. As soon as I wrote this review it started getting major fallout. It such a shame, It wouldn't even get onto my Hakuhodo brushes and it applied matte. For such as high end brand, I didn't expect this. I won't be buying this eyeshadow in a single. I'm so glad I didn't. It didn't even help that I used Nars eyeshadow primer and Nars Unconditional love shadow creme. I used my fingers and that helped put the glitter back on, but then it fell out leaving it matte once again.

Not worth the money.

UPDATE 2013: Okay so I've been meaning to update for a while, but I figured out a way to stop the fallout. It's a shame it even has fallout to begin with because it a great highlighter, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

on 11/30/2010 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My initial impression of this is that I'm glad I swapped for it and didn't pay $22 for it. So, I have used this for two days. The first day, I applied it over my ELF primer (which is amazing, BTW...see my review!). It hardly even showed up. I was sooooooo disappointed, especially after reading all the reviews on here that it is an every day staple for a lot of people. The next day, I applied it over UDPP and the color showed up. It is just a peachy skin tone. Not much of the glitter stayed with the pigment so it ended up being kind of matte. I guess I'm going to have to use UDPP with this shadow, which is unfortunate because the only other shadows that did not perform well with the ELF primer are cheap drugstore brands. All my mid to high end stuff works fine with the ELF to the point that I can't tell whether I have on that or the UDPP. I hope all NARS shadows aren't like this (this is the first one I've tried). So, over all, I would not buy this again, and I might even put it up for swap. Even though I like good neutrals for highlighting and all over color, I don't like poor quality....and this seems kind of poor quality, especially for the steep price tag.

I really like Night Star; it is the perfect final touch over another eyeshadow. I agree with others that this is not ideal for use alone, especially given its tendency to disappear! I use it lightly during the day and put on several coats at night for a shimmery, romantic effect.

Urgh! This eyeshadow looks so pretty in the container, but it's nothing more than glitter! No color shows up at all.. just glitter!
I'm not a fan of the 13 year old glittery makeup look, so I will not be re-purchasing.
I'm so disappointed NARS!

on 6/4/2007 12:36:00 AM

As soon as I opened this gorgeous little black compact I thought, ''I am going to love this colour". Night Star is a shimmery golden-peach shadow with gold flecks of glitter. It is very wearable and is great for a chic daytime look that highlights the eyes. My only problem with this shadow is its lack of staying power. I find that it creases very easily, even though it is a powder, and the flecks of glitter tend to fall down onto my cheeks within a couple of hours. continued >>

this is only one of the "night" shadows that is not a dark color and could be worn day or night. it is subtle peachy tone with an large amount of fine shimmer in it. this color works great on anyone with paler skin. in the daytime, it has a slight shimmer, just enough to make people notice how wide awake and naturally beautiful the wearer looks. in the nightime, this color could be worn by itself for a more natural look or paired with deep lipstick for a more dramatic look. the compact is the standard black with the mirror inside of it. lasting power is very good and it only creased a small bit after i had worn it the whole day. this is my favorite of the "night" shadows and maybe my favorite shadow in the whole NARS collection.

on 9/20/2006 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this shadow. The peach barely shows up, which is great-- I just want the sparkles, which I feel illuminate my eyes. It goes on so nicely with a broad shadow brush. I don't know why people complain about this shadow, it's a great day color. I would happily purchase it again.