NARS Cosmetics Night Star

Filtered by age: 19-24
NARS Cosmetics Night Star

3.3

I first tried this shadow in the NARS 9941 palette and I loved it used it almost everyday until it was gone I was going to buy the single shadow but it slowly went down on my shopping list and over time was forgotten when I got the chance to get the single in a swap I took it and I am so happy to have this color again and even more happy not to have to have paid the $24.00 price tag that comes along with it. Would I buy this should I run out again hell yeah.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the overall shadow (including the glitter that doesn't show up)--but the part that I really didn't care for was I feel that this eye shadow is chalky, dry, and breaks up easily. I huge chunk of this eye shadow broke off hours after buying it. I am not sure why..no harm was done to the eye shadow. The quality is on the fair/poor side. I really love the peachy/golden shadow but I think that NARS eye shadows are more about the "hype" than the quality. I really love NARS blush..so lush and pigmented. I was just hoping that NARS Night Star was going to be more pigmented and make my eyes look pretty. This eye shadow isn't worth it.

on 12/22/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Its so glittery. I love glittery eyeshadow and this was it. It shows up too well on my NW45 eye and it's the most beautiful color I've ever seen/used! This is my favorite eyeshadow. I use it for night or day!

Update: This is terrible now. As soon as I wrote this review it started getting major fallout. It such a shame, It wouldn't even get onto my Hakuhodo brushes and it applied matte. For such as high end brand, I didn't expect this. I won't be buying this eyeshadow in a single. I'm so glad I didn't. It didn't even help that I used Nars eyeshadow primer and Nars Unconditional love shadow creme. I used my fingers and that helped put the glitter back on, but then it fell out leaving it matte once again.

Not worth the money.

UPDATE 2013: Okay so I've been meaning to update for a while, but I figured out a way to stop the fallout. It's a shame it even has fallout to begin with because it a great highlighter, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

on 11/30/2010 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My initial impression of this is that I'm glad I swapped for it and didn't pay $22 for it. So, I have used this for two days. The first day, I applied it over my ELF primer (which is amazing, BTW...see my review!). It hardly even showed up. I was sooooooo disappointed, especially after reading all the reviews on here that it is an every day staple for a lot of people. The next day, I applied it over UDPP and the color showed up. It is just a peachy skin tone. Not much of the glitter stayed with the pigment so it ended up being kind of matte. I guess I'm going to have to use UDPP with this shadow, which is unfortunate because the only other shadows that did not perform well with the ELF primer are cheap drugstore brands. All my mid to high end stuff works fine with the ELF to the point that I can't tell whether I have on that or the UDPP. I hope all NARS shadows aren't like this (this is the first one I've tried). So, over all, I would not buy this again, and I might even put it up for swap. Even though I like good neutrals for highlighting and all over color, I don't like poor quality....and this seems kind of poor quality, especially for the steep price tag.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my HG every day eyeshadow and im surprised at how quickly im getting to the pan, then again i wear it every single day. I have very olive skin, i dont wear mac but i believe im an nc40 and i wear this every day as an all over lid colour, sometimes mixed with mac's Orb eyeshadow to give it more of an opaque look with mac's cork in the crease. I also use this to blend out smokey eye looks when using navy, purples, browns and other warm toned eyeshadows. I will continue to buy this as it is my fav eyeshadow!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this for a night time look. I use it with the Nars Key Largo for a sparkly bronzy look. I don't tend to use this in the day because of all the glitter but I like to keep it for nights out. It is expensive but you get a lot in the pan and you only need to use a tiny amount.

on 10/3/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eyeshadow. It is very natural but you can see it as it brightens the eye area and it has some sparkles in it. When im in a hurry or that im going natural that day i apply that.

I am not an eyeshadow girl. I like wearing very dark and dramatic lipstick so my eyeshadow is usually very natural looking or I just go all natural and not wear any at all. This is the dream eyeshadow I have been searching for. It is the perfect creamy color that matches my skin tone. It looks so natural and it wakes up my eyes. It is virtually undetectable but you see the difference it makes while you are applying it. It had these specks of glitter which also help in waking my eyes up. I love how clean and polished this makes my eyes look. I can completely imagine myself hitting pan with this eyeshadow. I have been using it for 1 month and I haven't looked back once. This color is also a great highlighter. It really was worth my money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not my favourite, but it's nice. I originally bought it because yea, it looks gorgeous (and...because I'm addicted to NARS) It looks and swatches a pale peach pink colour, but on the lid only really the sparkles show with a bit of peach(but you really have to search for it). They're very nice sparkles though not Urban Decay-esque. but sophisticated as much as a sparkly eyeshadow can be. Not something I wear on a daily basis because I'm more of a matte/cream/satin kind-of-girl, but it's nice and definitely something someone looking for sparkles would like.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For an expensive price tag NARS eyeshadows are definitely NOT WORTH IT!!!!! The colors don't show up very well on the skin, and it's very difficult to apply and pack on the color...Not good for blending...it's not even good as a base color. Spend your money on a better shadow