L.A. COLORS Mineral Eyeshadows All Colors

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I bought the Purple product, and figured for a dollar at the Dollar Store, that it won't be much of a loss.

I don't like the product. Doesn't show well, either by itself or with another colour underneath.

However it is good for a purple tint, or if you're weird like me you can take a piece and crush it, mix it with some petroleum jelly and use it as a purple lip tint.

It is good for tints. Like a subtle purple glow

I bought the White shadow at the dollar store just because. Let me tell you that it's awesome! It's very pigmented and such a pretty shade of white. In the sun it sparkles a little making it prettier. I will be going back and buying some more!

on 8/3/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love these palletes! I own about 5 and they r all very good for day makeup. I don't wear them for evening looks too natural looking for that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been eyeing the shadow in "Teal" for sometime. Everytime I went to Dollar Tree I would see it looking at me, winking at me from behind its package. I would pick it up, hold it, admire it, and then put it back b/c this is Dollar Tree makeup and I am not a five year-old wanting to look my mommy. (I am not a makeup brand snob, but I had to admit I didn't think LA Colors was anything more than kids' makeup.) Yesterday I bit the bullet and paid a whole $1.07 for this bad boy. As soon as I got in the car I tore into the package and swatched it on my hand. Wow, this sucker was pigmented! Although there is a slight shimmer, it looks more matte than anything. Later, I wiped the swatch off my hand before heading back to work. Except that it didn't come off. That's how pigmented this shadow is. I was kinda bummed that I didn't like any of the other colors (purple, yellow, and black, I think). When I got home, I swatched it over a dark green base and a dark blue base and it turned two different shades of peacock teal. Wore it today and 8 hours later it still looks good. The size of shadow is freaking huge, making the value of this shadow even more amazing. I like the slim, clear top packaging (even though it is a little flimsy). To me, this was the most unique shade out of the ones they had at my Dollar Tree and more than worth the price. I am very happy to add this to my teal blue collection. I will definitely be checking out LA Colors eyeshadows online if this shadow is any indication of the quality. Two thumbs up for "Teal."

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I wish i would of been able bc i wouldve bought every1 there.. I have all the available shades i found at dollar tree.. Two of each they were $1 and theyre great.. The purple is the less pigmented but still great for a light purple. I love em all i wish my dollar tree would carry them forever bc just incase i ever run out id like to be able to buy again but the last trip they were all gone..
The shades im lucky to own and the mac dupes (my belief feel free to correct me.. I dont own mac im a poor makeup addict)
Biege- stila kitten
Black- carbon or black tied maybe typograhic
Teal- kelly or one off
Gold- goldmine
Purple- nocturnelle
I also own two of the duos
Secret (gold &brown)- goldmine or ochre style last sadly
Graphite (black & white)- print or typographic and gesso or white frost
PRICE- these single shadows are a huge $1!! :) i cannot believe the price on these since they are so amazing & look expensive! with all the shadow you get, its def worth so much more. i pick these up at my local Dollar Trees. I have seen them at my Dollar General & Family Dollar. some LA Colors products can be found on cherryculture as well.
PACKAGING- i love the sleek & sturdy packaging. its a clear hard plastic compact that snaps shut. the LA COLORS logo is imprinted on the lid and on back is the rest of the labeling as well as shade name. they open & close easily. what i find to be the best part is how big the pan of eyeshadow is! its so big- ill say about the size of a covergirl cheekers blush. yea this $1 eyeshadow is the size of a blush. so with how pigmented they are- these will last forever & ever & mineral makeup last longer since bacteria dont grow in them. i love how simple & clean these shadows look & also makes it easy to find the shade you are looking for since i own a few.
SHADES/FORMULA- i have already named my dupes above which may be incorrect but nonetheless, there are 5 single mineral eyeshadows available (sadly, i wish they would release more id buy them all esp matte shades) all have great pigmentation & the shadows are pressed well, pick up on brush well. they go on to lid great & blend great too! they are soft & smooth & PIGMENTED! they work great alone on the eye area. will stay put for hours & thats w/out a primer so if you use a primer & add a cream base- for real, these are going nowhere!! they last 8 hours without any dulling or fading. ive never had them stick or look lumpy. they blend out so nicely like an expensive shadow does. The Gold & Beige have a sheen to them while the others are matte. I was shocked by how pigmented they are. better than some drugstore eyeshadows ive tried!
Gold- is a true gold. shows up great esp with a golden base & looks great all over the lid wow! if you want a true gold shade- this is it!
Beige- like Kitten, this is a champagne creamy color. so pigmented & versitle. can be used as a wash all over lid. looks great all over esp with a old hollywood glamour look w/ winged out liner, wow! this is my fav of them all since i can use it all the time. even as a highlighter on my face. it provides a nice champagne/pinky color- this is def a staple in my collection, reach for it alot!! bought a backup for sure!
Purple- this is the less pigmented but dont let that fool you since it still shows up as a bright lilac purple shade. great for a color pop on lash line. i love using this w/ my brown eyes. it can built up which i love since its more on the brighter side. its a great contour/outer v shade too. ive used it to jazz up neutral looks. its def worth the $1 and i love it alot!
Teal- this is a true teal aqua shade. great for color pop on lashlines. if you are a fan of bright colors, this is it! its not neon bright, its more of a darkened teal but its def for those who love color! i love it even though im more of a neutral girl. it looks great on all skin tones/eye colors. its dark enough to define or to use all over. its so unique i dont own anything even close to it! its super pigmented what you see in the pan is what you get! but in the crease, it somehows transforms to a dark green teal! its amazing!
Black- this is a matte black color that everyone should own. instead of running out & spendin $14 on Mac Carbon- for real pick this bad boy up! its a matte black- every makeup girl/boy needs one & this one does all the jobs a black should do. from being able to define outer v or crease work. its dark enough you dont have to build up but if you need a tad bit of darkness it will work w/out lookin like wow she got black all over, great as a eyeliner, great wet/foiled. its just an all around work horse eyeshadow. i use it a ton & still havent made a dent. its my fav black since i got pale skin some blacks tend to stain my skin but this one dont but yet still does the job the others do :)

I wish i could have more colors or be able to buy 100 more since i use all shades alot but i dont think i will find em again so snag em up if ur lucky..
Two additional great perks: they are cheap and most importantly their Cruelty free!
i will forever love this shadows. wish i could have more shades to own but im lucky i got these. they will last me probably years & have made some pretty eye looks! Oh LA COLORS IS THE BEST!!

I bought these eye shadows for a dollar at the dollar tree. I was surprised by how much I liked them!
Teal: is very beautiful. It's very pigmented, and bright. But it stains. So. Bad.The worst staining I've ever gotten from any shadow.
Black: has a little glitter to it, nice & dark.
White: a frosty white. Not super opaque.
Gold: It's sheer & subtle, but buildable.
I would stay away from the purple. It looks nice, but you have to pack it on to get color. The pigment is no good. Maybe if you're willing to use a good colored base it would be okay.
Overall, these are hit and miss.

Very pigmented!
Tons of product!
Only $1!
Gorgeous & cheap!
I have beige, Teal, purple and black.

on 3/30/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I was reluctant to try these because they contain mineral oil, and I have oily lids so I didn't think they would work for me, but the color payoff is fantastic, and they really last all day without creasing. Plus they were only $1 at Dollar Tree! I picked up black, gold, beige, teal, and purple. Only the purple didn't seem as vivid as the others. I don't know if they are discontinued, but definitely pick them up if you can find them.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a swap, and I absolutely love mine. I have the eyeshadow in White and I love it to death as a highlighter, it may just be my HG brow highlight. It's sheer enough to be a brow highlight and shimmery but not too shimmery - it gives the perfect amount of shimmer and looks great on. The pan is huge! It's like twice the size of a regular eyeshadow from other brands and I love the packaging. The closure isn't a hard/loud snap yet closes well and opens easily. I personally have never seen these at my dollar tree, but if I ever do see them, I'm buying every color there. I also have been using it almost everyday for two months and have barely made a dip in it so it lasts forever! I don't think I'll ever hit pan, at least not for a very very long time.

on 7/12/2009 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

RIS. Have it in Gold. Not very pigmented, but buildable. If you want barely there color, go for it, but if you're looking for a more pigmented drugstore eyeshadow, get WnW! :)