L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadows All Colors

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Whoa! This is pigmented as hell!! Way too much. I have this in "Teal" and although it's a beautiful color with subtle silver sparkles, it was a beast to remove. I only tried it on to see how the color would look on my lid against my skin tone and it would not come off! I mean I had to scrub!! Now I am afraid to put this back on for fear that the same thing will happen. I know I went through a couple of make up wipes to remove this and probably a warm, wet washcloth as well, but it was a minute before it was completely removed. Pretty color, cheap price (got it at Dollar Tree), too much of a hassle to remove.

on 7/13/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't think it's ultra pigmented. I just have purple and white. If I saw the black, I'd get it, but it wasn't there. For one dollar, the purple can be a nice lilac, or lavender if sheered out, or a good, strong purple if wet.

The white is too ghostly however. I can't really use it for anything. Too chalky.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been eyeing the shadow in "Teal" for sometime. Everytime I went to Dollar Tree I would see it looking at me, winking at me from behind its package. I would pick it up, hold it, admire it, and then put it back b/c this is Dollar Tree makeup and I am not a five year-old wanting to look my mommy. (I am not a makeup brand snob, but I had to admit I didn't think LA Colors was anything more than kids' makeup.) Yesterday I bit the bullet and paid a whole $1.07 for this bad boy. As soon as I got in the car I tore into the package and swatched it on my hand. Wow, this sucker was pigmented! Although there is a slight shimmer, it looks more matte than anything. Later, I wiped the swatch off my hand before heading back to work. Except that it didn't come off. That's how pigmented this shadow is. I was kinda bummed that I didn't like any of the other colors (purple, yellow, and black, I think). When I got home, I swatched it over a dark green base and a dark blue base and it turned two different shades of peacock teal. Wore it today and 8 hours later it still looks good. The size of shadow is freaking huge, making the value of this shadow even more amazing. I like the slim, clear top packaging (even though it is a little flimsy). To me, this was the most unique shade out of the ones they had at my Dollar Tree and more than worth the price. I am very happy to add this to my teal blue collection. I will definitely be checking out LA Colors eyeshadows online if this shadow is any indication of the quality. Two thumbs up for "Teal."

on 3/30/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I was reluctant to try these because they contain mineral oil, and I have oily lids so I didn't think they would work for me, but the color payoff is fantastic, and they really last all day without creasing. Plus they were only $1 at Dollar Tree! I picked up black, gold, beige, teal, and purple. Only the purple didn't seem as vivid as the others. I don't know if they are discontinued, but definitely pick them up if you can find them.

on 5/18/2009 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought 3 of these and tried wearing them together but they don't like to blend with eachother too much. They are talc-free and the main ingredient instead is mica.
Green: VERY pigmented, almost too much, it's very dark
Light Blue: pretty but goes on very sheer
Yellow/Gold: nice, wish it were more metallic