L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadows All Colors

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

FIND IT AT: Dollar Tree

Jí ADORE
1. COLORS: White, Teal, Black, Beige, Purple. I have Black, Teal, and Beige. I would probably only repurchase Beige. These colors are nice to play around with but not my go to e/s except for beige. I find they are all really soft hence the mineral e/s but has good pigmentation. I do find however that blending the colors out they donít hold true to their color and can look sheer.

A. Beige is soft neutral color. I use it as an all-over lid color.
B. Teal is a soft smooth teal color. Itís not a dark teal nor sheer just somewhere in the middle
C. Black is also very soft and smooth. Very light sparkles. Itís not a true dark black like M.A.Cís carbon. But it is good for experimentation and good to use as a crease color in conjunction with another e/s thatís not mineral.

2. CHEAP: One dollar gives you a fairly good pigmented color.

These are a discontinued product since even the LA Colors website doesnít sell them anymore; they now sell mineral e/s duos. I would suggest picking up a few backups if you really canít live without these shadows.

Great product... most are super pigmented and are a great base. And for $1 too! If you are hesitant to buy this product i would definitely go ahead and get it/them...

I bought these eye shadows for a dollar at the dollar tree. I was surprised by how much I liked them!
Teal: is very beautiful. It's very pigmented, and bright. But it stains. So. Bad.The worst staining I've ever gotten from any shadow.
Black: has a little glitter to it, nice & dark.
White: a frosty white. Not super opaque.
Gold: It's sheer & subtle, but buildable.
I would stay away from the purple. It looks nice, but you have to pack it on to get color. The pigment is no good. Maybe if you're willing to use a good colored base it would be okay.
Overall, these are hit and miss.

on 4/21/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Our Dollar Tree has these in about 10 shades for of course $1 each. They are individual large containers of color. I cannot remember seeing a larger amount of shadow offered for any price. It is probably a 2x2" square of color. I love the pink, both blues, a light & very dark one, the purple is amazing, so is the dark greenish/blue, & the white is great too. Shucks all of them are awesome actually. There is a gold, silver, bronze, black, beige, & black too. I got them all but the silver & bronze so far. I have used only 3 or 4 of them so far. The shadows are smooth & have great lasting power. I applied in the morning for work & they still looked great by that evening. No creasing, etc. There is shimmer to all that I have used so far. Not over the top, but it is there. I wish these were offered in a palette version just because it would be easier to keep them all together. I am sure the size of the shadows would be smaller, but that would be ok to me. I am never going to use up all the shadow in these little containers! There is no smell that I can tell either. I am liking these very much for the quality, colors, and staying power. I never knew that L.A. Colors had such great products. Their website does not seem to have the products I have found at the Dollar Tree which makes me wonder if these items are actually discontinued. I have been told however, that L.A. Colors is one brand that is special to Dollar Tree. I have not found them in any of the d/s so perhaps this is so. I still wonder why the L.A. Color website does not have some of the items I find in that store. At any rate, the items I have found are really good products and I cannot see any expired dates on them. I am pleased with the price and quality.

Top Rated Eye Shadow