L.A. COLORS Mineral Eyeshadows All Colors

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Whoa! This is pigmented as hell!! Way too much. I have this in "Teal" and although it's a beautiful color with subtle silver sparkles, it was a beast to remove. I only tried it on to see how the color would look on my lid against my skin tone and it would not come off! I mean I had to scrub!! Now I am afraid to put this back on for fear that the same thing will happen. I know I went through a couple of make up wipes to remove this and probably a warm, wet washcloth as well, but it was a minute before it was completely removed. Pretty color, cheap price (got it at Dollar Tree), too much of a hassle to remove.

on 7/12/2009 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

RIS. Have it in Gold. Not very pigmented, but buildable. If you want barely there color, go for it, but if you're looking for a more pigmented drugstore eyeshadow, get WnW! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I bought the Purple product, and figured for a dollar at the Dollar Store, that it won't be much of a loss.

I don't like the product. Doesn't show well, either by itself or with another colour underneath.

However it is good for a purple tint, or if you're weird like me you can take a piece and crush it, mix it with some petroleum jelly and use it as a purple lip tint.

It is good for tints. Like a subtle purple glow

on 8/3/2011 12:17:00 PM

I got this in the teal color. I intended on using this as a liner; however, it stains my lids!!! It is extremely pigmented but took forever to get off. Would only recommend if you don't mind wearing that color for a loooong time.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

FIND IT AT: Dollar Tree

Jí ADORE
1. COLORS: White, Teal, Black, Beige, Purple. I have Black, Teal, and Beige. I would probably only repurchase Beige. These colors are nice to play around with but not my go to e/s except for beige. I find they are all really soft hence the mineral e/s but has good pigmentation. I do find however that blending the colors out they donít hold true to their color and can look sheer.

A. Beige is soft neutral color. I use it as an all-over lid color.
B. Teal is a soft smooth teal color. Itís not a dark teal nor sheer just somewhere in the middle
C. Black is also very soft and smooth. Very light sparkles. Itís not a true dark black like M.A.Cís carbon. But it is good for experimentation and good to use as a crease color in conjunction with another e/s thatís not mineral.

2. CHEAP: One dollar gives you a fairly good pigmented color.

These are a discontinued product since even the LA Colors website doesnít sell them anymore; they now sell mineral e/s duos. I would suggest picking up a few backups if you really canít live without these shadows.

on 5/18/2009 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought 3 of these and tried wearing them together but they don't like to blend with eachother too much. They are talc-free and the main ingredient instead is mica.
Green: VERY pigmented, almost too much, it's very dark
Light Blue: pretty but goes on very sheer
Yellow/Gold: nice, wish it were more metallic

I saw these at Dollar Tree, and figured for a dollar, I can't really go wrong. I bought the gold and the teal. The gold feels really smooth. It's a bit sheer, but works well on my skin tone as a highlight. It's not overly shimmery. The teal doesn't feel as smooth, but it's highly pigmented. I probably won't use it often but for a dollar, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth! I'll rebuy, I'd love to try the other colours.

on 7/13/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't think it's ultra pigmented. I just have purple and white. If I saw the black, I'd get it, but it wasn't there. For one dollar, the purple can be a nice lilac, or lavender if sheered out, or a good, strong purple if wet.

The white is too ghostly however. I can't really use it for anything. Too chalky.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been eyeing the shadow in "Teal" for sometime. Everytime I went to Dollar Tree I would see it looking at me, winking at me from behind its package. I would pick it up, hold it, admire it, and then put it back b/c this is Dollar Tree makeup and I am not a five year-old wanting to look my mommy. (I am not a makeup brand snob, but I had to admit I didn't think LA Colors was anything more than kids' makeup.) Yesterday I bit the bullet and paid a whole $1.07 for this bad boy. As soon as I got in the car I tore into the package and swatched it on my hand. Wow, this sucker was pigmented! Although there is a slight shimmer, it looks more matte than anything. Later, I wiped the swatch off my hand before heading back to work. Except that it didn't come off. That's how pigmented this shadow is. I was kinda bummed that I didn't like any of the other colors (purple, yellow, and black, I think). When I got home, I swatched it over a dark green base and a dark blue base and it turned two different shades of peacock teal. Wore it today and 8 hours later it still looks good. The size of shadow is freaking huge, making the value of this shadow even more amazing. I like the slim, clear top packaging (even though it is a little flimsy). To me, this was the most unique shade out of the ones they had at my Dollar Tree and more than worth the price. I am very happy to add this to my teal blue collection. I will definitely be checking out LA Colors eyeshadows online if this shadow is any indication of the quality. Two thumbs up for "Teal."

on 1/27/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for a neutral all over lid color, almost bought smashbox flirt which really is beautiful but I wasn't sure about the $14 even at the px. So I picked up beige when I saw it at the dollar store. There's really a lot of product...and for a dollar I wouldn't have been disappointed if it wasn't good. To my surprise I actually like it a lot, the texture is pretty soft, not as soft as smashbox but I'd say close. The color payoff was impressive. I like it better than MAC eyeshadows..honestly I've hated every one I've tried.
Overall, very pleasant surprise! I'd definitely rebuy and in fact reading that they're discountinued, I might head back over to the dollar store sooner rather than later.