L.A. COLORS Mineral Eyeshadows All Colors

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been eyeing the shadow in "Teal" for sometime. Everytime I went to Dollar Tree I would see it looking at me, winking at me from behind its package. I would pick it up, hold it, admire it, and then put it back b/c this is Dollar Tree makeup and I am not a five year-old wanting to look my mommy. (I am not a makeup brand snob, but I had to admit I didn't think LA Colors was anything more than kids' makeup.) Yesterday I bit the bullet and paid a whole $1.07 for this bad boy. As soon as I got in the car I tore into the package and swatched it on my hand. Wow, this sucker was pigmented! Although there is a slight shimmer, it looks more matte than anything. Later, I wiped the swatch off my hand before heading back to work. Except that it didn't come off. That's how pigmented this shadow is. I was kinda bummed that I didn't like any of the other colors (purple, yellow, and black, I think). When I got home, I swatched it over a dark green base and a dark blue base and it turned two different shades of peacock teal. Wore it today and 8 hours later it still looks good. The size of shadow is freaking huge, making the value of this shadow even more amazing. I like the slim, clear top packaging (even though it is a little flimsy). To me, this was the most unique shade out of the ones they had at my Dollar Tree and more than worth the price. I am very happy to add this to my teal blue collection. I will definitely be checking out LA Colors eyeshadows online if this shadow is any indication of the quality. Two thumbs up for "Teal."

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Whoa! This is pigmented as hell!! Way too much. I have this in "Teal" and although it's a beautiful color with subtle silver sparkles, it was a beast to remove. I only tried it on to see how the color would look on my lid against my skin tone and it would not come off! I mean I had to scrub!! Now I am afraid to put this back on for fear that the same thing will happen. I know I went through a couple of make up wipes to remove this and probably a warm, wet washcloth as well, but it was a minute before it was completely removed. Pretty color, cheap price (got it at Dollar Tree), too much of a hassle to remove.

I went to the Dollar Tree a few days ago, and picked up 2 of these - Beige & Gold. Love them! They are pigmented, go on well over primer/base (haven't tried without), and stay on! They are shimmery, but no glitter. You get a lot of shadow with these as well. I'm thinking the Beige may multi-task as a highlighter. I used them as an all over color wash with colored winged liner (purple).

on 1/27/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for a neutral all over lid color, almost bought smashbox flirt which really is beautiful but I wasn't sure about the $14 even at the px. So I picked up beige when I saw it at the dollar store. There's really a lot of product...and for a dollar I wouldn't have been disappointed if it wasn't good. To my surprise I actually like it a lot, the texture is pretty soft, not as soft as smashbox but I'd say close. The color payoff was impressive. I like it better than MAC eyeshadows..honestly I've hated every one I've tried.
Overall, very pleasant surprise! I'd definitely rebuy and in fact reading that they're discountinued, I might head back over to the dollar store sooner rather than later.

on 8/24/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Comparable to higher end brands. very surprised by this as i haven`t used drug store brands or lower end brands in years. Love the color selections. beautiful co-ordinating shades. First time i tried them but very impressed so far. will update if anything changes.

on 8/3/2011 12:17:00 PM

I got this in the teal color. I intended on using this as a liner; however, it stains my lids!!! It is extremely pigmented but took forever to get off. Would only recommend if you don't mind wearing that color for a loooong time.

I bought the White shadow at the dollar store just because. Let me tell you that it's awesome! It's very pigmented and such a pretty shade of white. In the sun it sparkles a little making it prettier. I will be going back and buying some more!

on 8/3/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love these palletes! I own about 5 and they r all very good for day makeup. I don't wear them for evening looks too natural looking for that.

Great product... most are super pigmented and are a great base. And for $1 too! If you are hesitant to buy this product i would definitely go ahead and get it/them...

Very pigmented!
Tons of product!
Only $1!
Gorgeous & cheap!
I have beige, Teal, purple and black.