Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel

Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel

4.4

Lactose, Mannitol, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate Dextrin, Water, Zeolite, Silica, Betaine, Papain, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract Starch, PEG-32, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Yellow 5, Green 3, Fragrance

on 6/15/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Here I am to rain on the parade of lovely reviews for this product.

As someone with very sensitive skin, I expected to be wowed by this stuff after seeing loads of excellent reviews, both on MUA and elsewhere. I decided to shell out for the full size, since it seems like something that's right up my alley. I can't handle harsh exfoliation but I desperately need SOME kind of dead skin slougher since I'm pretty dry and also clog-prone.

The good: it makes my face soft after I use it, and it didn't irritate my skin. It lasts FOREVER. It's fun to apply and foams up really nicely if you get the water-to-product ratio correct.

The bad: Here we go.

First, The packaging is the worst I've seen in awhile, as it gums up at the first sign of moisture. If your bathroom gets humid, you'd better cap that sucker tight and crack a window. It's difficult to use in the shower, as it tends to "chunk up" when mixed with less-than-precise methods and becomes thin enough to slide right off your face if you get your skin too wet.

The scent of the actual product is very strong and floral, like other AmorePacific products -- while it's a nice smell, if you're sensitive it's going to be a bit much.

The actual exfoliation performance is just so terribly lackluster. Yes, it smooths things out for a few minutes and makes my face soft, but I don't feel that it's done anything to overall improve my skin after 6 months of using it about 3x a week. I used it every day for a week once, just to see, and while it didn't irritate my skin it didn't really do much else.

This is probably just my laziness, but I also really don't like that you have to stand there and massage it into your face for a minute to get even the faintest hint of smoothness afterwards. I tried using it as a mask and it did nothing. For the price, I expect something that's game-changing, especially after dealing with the inconvenient packaging. I much prefer using my Murad AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser 2x a week as a mask (no scrubbing required), as I find that keeps my pores clearer without irritation -- and it's $20 cheaper for a honkin' great big tube that lasts months.

The ugly: I spent $60 on something that a baby washcloth could do, and more efficiently at that. There's a thin line between gentle and ineffective.

on 7/31/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Another one of my HG products that i have failed to review. This is very gentle yet very effective exfoliator. It is a chemical exfoliator and comes out in powder form but is activated when in contact with water. At first I didn't think it would do anything but it actually does lol. I remember exfoliating for over 30 seconds and my skin started to tingle/burn and i knew it was working. Obviously though I don't exfoliate for more than 30 seconds because I don't want to take any chances and ruin my skin. What I especially like about this is that it only exfoliates the 'where required' areas meaning it only exfoliates the dry, flaky areas and doesn't aggravate the whole face. My skin has never felt dry, taut, and tight with this unlike many other exfoliators tend to do. I exfoliate with this twice a week and have been very happy with it. I have tried other cheaper alternatives since i purchased this but i have always returned to this one and either threw the others away or returned them.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the sample sized kit when I was in the States Sephora as the product advisor who worked for Amore PAcific was there promoting it. After using it, I bought myself a full sized one with the 20% off at Sephora back in November. I like the fact that it is an enxyme peel which uses chemical exfoliation rather than the harsh beads. I have not used the full sized product yet as I am still using the sample one. A little does go a long way. I use it 1-2x/week. The product is a very fine light yellow powder that is dispensed into your hand. I add a little bit and as my fingers are wet from rinsing my face prior to pouring it out, I use my fingers are lather the powder so it turns into a creamy liquidy foam-type texture and massage it on my face for about 30 sec and then rinse. Mind you, once you rub it with your fingers, not every single powder will dissolve, some might fall into the sink, others might stay in a hard form once the water mixes in. As long as you keep rubbing it or just apply it to your face, it should be fine. It does not affect the cleansing process. After rinsing it, my face feels smooth and clean. I noticed that after using the enzyme peel and the foaming cleanser, my skin has been a lot smoother and better. I have had less breakouts, extremely less and my skin is very healthy. Last year, my skin had been breaking out so bad I sought out a dermatologist for help. After a few changes of skin care, this line may be my go-to skin care routine as the products have not had any horrible reaction to my skin. This exfoliating scrub is gentle and would recommend it if you don't prefer to have actual sand beads that actually exfoliate your face. Would recommend buying the travel sample size, or even having a sample poured out prior to purchasing it as this line is expensive, I admit. But for me, if the product works for you skin, then I'd stick to it, unless you can find a cheaper alternative. But I will always have this as a backup. Would recommend and repurchase

on 2/21/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The packaging is a little silly-- I don't find that the 'pre-measuring pour' works. I just use a dime-size mound that seems enough.

I use this 1-2 a week in the morning, and my face feels so soft afterwards. It foams up and is a very gentle AHA exfoliator. If you want a very abrasive or scrubby exfoliators, this might disappoint you. I consider this a 'maintenance' exfoliator, and every 2 weeks I use a crystal exfoliator in the shower.

Tip: If you are going to use this in the shower, I recommend 'decanting' a small portion into a travel container. The humidity will cause it to clump up (like salt) otherwise, and you might waste a lot of product.

This is my HG exfoliator...it smells fresh and leaves my skin incredibly soft, smooth, and clean feeling. I will continue to purchase this, because even though it is on the pricier side, the bottle lasts forever.

on 1/13/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I admit, I'm clueless as to how this product actually works so well (I've tried peels before, but they always slightly tingle or sting), but it just DOES. It's powdered botanical magic, I tell you! Treatment Enzyme Peel is a product that doesn't feel like it's doing anything when you use it (if you are used to scrubs), and you don't think it's doing anything besides cleansing since it's just a foam. But, lo and behold, when you rinse off you are left with bright and glowing skin. I used this once, then twice, and didn't think it did anything at all. I was so angry that I spent my money on this after my friend raved about it... until I started using it every other day and quickly noticed that my skin was softer, clearer, more radiant, and glowing. Now it's HG for me, and I have shoved aside all of my harsher scrubs and microdermabrasion treatments. The container dispenses the perfect amount of floral-scented powder for each use, and all you have to do it add a little bit of water to create a luxurious foam. Massage onto your face for about a minute, then rinse. It's as easy as that :)

on 12/20/2014 11:29:00 AM

I purchased this product when I was 20 percent off in Sephora so there will be more in my price range. I saw this on a review on YouTube and got curious. This is gentle on my skin. It smoothes the surface while brightens on my skin. I use this about 2 times a week. it does have a scent to it but not overwhelming. I just wish it was less pricey.

on 11/16/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing, it gently exfoliates without scrubbing, burning, or stripping the skin. Immediately after use skin feels soft and smooth, and there is no redness or irritation. I have extremely sensitive skin and have had no problems using this. It's a very fine yellow powder that gently foams with a bit of water. While the price is definitely steep and in the high end/luxury category it takes only a tiny bit of product and a few drops of water to work. One package will last months so the cost is justifiable. This has a very light fragrance that is both fruity and floral, but pleasant. Packaging is elegant, modern, and minimal, very chic.

on 10/21/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok so I have the funkiest skin. It's combo oily with dry patches on my cheeks and chin, large pores and a nose that stays clogged up like a freeway at rush hour. It's been a long road getting the right skin care routine. Gotta fight the oil but not dry out the Sahara desert that is my cheeks. Anywhoo...I got this as a super sample. I'd been using large grain exfoliates as well as microdermabraison products with no results but crappier skin. Enter in Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel. If this isn't HG I don't know what is. From the first use my skin felt smooth, no flaky patches, the sebum in and around my nose was cleared and my pores smiled back at me. I said to myself maybe I was giving this product to much credit. So I wait and let my face get clogged up again (about 48 hours later because my skin hates me) and I used it again. Just a small smidge of powder, scrubbed for 60-90 seconds I suppose and voila!! It took me a while to get through the sample because this stuff is powerful and you literally only need a pinch. I slap on some Philosophy oil free moisturizer and I feel like a GODDESS!! Ladies if you've got cranky skin this is the peel for you. A full size will set you back $60 but it lasts forever.

on 7/27/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I am excited to have this be my first product review! This peel is really beautiful.

I have been using it every other day, but I could easily use it every day. It is not only gentle, but extremely effective.

First of all, it smells nice - so there`s that.

More importantly, it has really made a difference in my skin. My tone is brighter, the texture is MUCH smoother, and my pores look smaller. It is expensive but worth the money in my opinion.

I am very confident that with continued use of this lovely product I will be more confident being bare-faced than I ever have before. I highly recommend!