Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel

Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel

4.4

Lactose, Mannitol, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate Dextrin, Water, Zeolite, Silica, Betaine, Papain, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract Starch, PEG-32, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Yellow 5, Green 3, Fragrance

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this product. I received it as a part of a AP set from Sephora.

This is a powder enzym peel. After my first use, I immediately saw brighter, radiant skin.

As instructed, you wet your face and add a dime size amount to your palm, add a little water and it turns into a frothy, foamy, mixture. It is expensive, but as one reviewer states on Sephora, she purchased the full size bottle ($60) 2 years ago, and is still using it.

Since trying this product, it is now one of my favorites in my skincare routine. Must try this product!

I received a small sample of this when I ordered from Sephora a long time ago and fell in love with it. It just made my skin soooo smooth and soft and bright - it's pretty amazing. Any skin build up or rough patches would go away. When I got married 9/4/15 my makeup artist said "WOW your skin is so smooth and perfect and makeup ready! What do you do??" I told her it was this stuff!!!! When my sample was up, I wanted to purchase the full size but was hesitant due to the price. But when I realized how little of the powder I needed per use, I said, "I'm going for it!" It's been a little over a year and I still have a ton of product left and I can't imagine my skin without this stuff.

I use it every day as my face wash (if I've worn makeup, I use some kind of makeup removing cleanser first), sometimes in conjunction with baking soda if I feel I need more of a physical exfoliant (usually on my nose). For a while, I wasn't using it - say 3 weeks (I had left it in my mom's shower) and BOY, did I notice a difference! My skin wasn't smooth or even, and believe it or not, I had some random pimples that I normally never get! I really think this stuff helps to keep my skin unclogged. And the best part is it's non-irritating and gentle. It also smells HEAVENLY. I will never not have this. $63 for 12+ Months? Yes please.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin: acne-prone but sensitive. I'm on Differin. I have mild (undiagnosed) rosacea -- it runs in my family and I'm sure I have it.

This product is GREAT. I received a small bottle in a trial kit. The first few times I used it, I thought it didn't do anything. I probably only left it on for 20 seconds. I was disappointed. Fast forward about a year, when on a whim I decided to try it again. This time, I used a little less water (just a few drops) and I counted to make sure I worked with it on my face for a full minute. After about 30 seconds, I started to feel it. It is mild, but right then I knew -- this was working. And yet! It was SO GENTLE. It definitely exfoliated my face and left it looking refreshed and smoother, but it was not irritating in the slightest. My face did not get red. I'm so excited that there is a product that I can use regularly to exfoliate my clog-prone skin without aggravating my skin. My face looks ever so slightly younger and more radiant after I use this. I'm thrilled.

Granted, it is not going to deeply resurface your face. It is not that kind of product. I do think that you could get moderate results with regular use over an extended period. This is an enzymatic exfoliant-- it dissolves the "glue" that holds dead skin cells onto the surface while leaving fresh cells in place.

If you want a very gentle exfoliant, you might love this. (If you want something aggressive, look elsewhere.) It is pricy for what it is. I am willing to pay it because it does not aggravate my skin but will help with turnover and keeping my pores clear. Retinoids speed up cell regeneration but do not actually cause much surface shedding after your skin gets used to them -- this is exactly the product my skin needs to work in tandem with retinoids. I love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I always feel bad when a product that has such positive reception ends up being a personal flop. Oh well...

This is a cool product: it's in powder form and you mix it with water before using it. Make sure your powder-to-water ratio is on point. It's actually rather finicky because the first time I used too much water and obviously that resulted in the product being too runny to function as an effective exfoliator. But even after getting it right, this peel didn't seem to do much at all. On the plus side, the formula itself is extremely gentle, so maybe this would be ideal for sensitive skin. However, it's almost a little too gentle because I didn't see any notable short-term or long-term results even after using this for a week. My face feels smoother to the touch, but that's about all this product does for me. No visible changes, unfortunately. Kind of disappointed.

on 6/15/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Here I am to rain on the parade of lovely reviews for this product.

As someone with very sensitive skin, I expected to be wowed by this stuff after seeing loads of excellent reviews, both on MUA and elsewhere. I decided to shell out for the full size, since it seems like something that's right up my alley. I can't handle harsh exfoliation but I desperately need SOME kind of dead skin slougher since I'm pretty dry and also clog-prone.

The good: it makes my face soft after I use it, and it didn't irritate my skin. It lasts FOREVER. It's fun to apply and foams up really nicely if you get the water-to-product ratio correct.

The bad: Here we go.

First, The packaging is the worst I've seen in awhile, as it gums up at the first sign of moisture. If your bathroom gets humid, you'd better cap that sucker tight and crack a window. It's difficult to use in the shower, as it tends to "chunk up" when mixed with less-than-precise methods and becomes thin enough to slide right off your face if you get your skin too wet.

The scent of the actual product is very strong and floral, like other AmorePacific products -- while it's a nice smell, if you're sensitive it's going to be a bit much.

The actual exfoliation performance is just so terribly lackluster. Yes, it smooths things out for a few minutes and makes my face soft, but I don't feel that it's done anything to overall improve my skin after 6 months of using it about 3x a week. I used it every day for a week once, just to see, and while it didn't irritate my skin it didn't really do much else.

This is probably just my laziness, but I also really don't like that you have to stand there and massage it into your face for a minute to get even the faintest hint of smoothness afterwards. I tried using it as a mask and it did nothing. For the price, I expect something that's game-changing, especially after dealing with the inconvenient packaging. I much prefer using my Murad AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser 2x a week as a mask (no scrubbing required), as I find that keeps my pores clearer without irritation -- and it's $20 cheaper for a honkin' great big tube that lasts months.

The ugly: I spent $60 on something that a baby washcloth could do, and more efficiently at that. There's a thin line between gentle and ineffective.

on 7/31/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Another one of my HG products that i have failed to review. This is very gentle yet very effective exfoliator. It is a chemical exfoliator and comes out in powder form but is activated when in contact with water. At first I didn't think it would do anything but it actually does lol. I remember exfoliating for over 30 seconds and my skin started to tingle/burn and i knew it was working. Obviously though I don't exfoliate for more than 30 seconds because I don't want to take any chances and ruin my skin. What I especially like about this is that it only exfoliates the 'where required' areas meaning it only exfoliates the dry, flaky areas and doesn't aggravate the whole face. My skin has never felt dry, taut, and tight with this unlike many other exfoliators tend to do. I exfoliate with this twice a week and have been very happy with it. I have tried other cheaper alternatives since i purchased this but i have always returned to this one and either threw the others away or returned them.

on 6/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the sample sized kit when I was in the States Sephora as the product advisor who worked for Amore PAcific was there promoting it. After using it, I bought myself a full sized one with the 20% off at Sephora back in November. I like the fact that it is an enxyme peel which uses chemical exfoliation rather than the harsh beads. I have not used the full sized product yet as I am still using the sample one. A little does go a long way. I use it 1-2x/week. The product is a very fine light yellow powder that is dispensed into your hand. I add a little bit and as my fingers are wet from rinsing my face prior to pouring it out, I use my fingers are lather the powder so it turns into a creamy liquidy foam-type texture and massage it on my face for about 30 sec and then rinse. Mind you, once you rub it with your fingers, not every single powder will dissolve, some might fall into the sink, others might stay in a hard form once the water mixes in. As long as you keep rubbing it or just apply it to your face, it should be fine. It does not affect the cleansing process. After rinsing it, my face feels smooth and clean. I noticed that after using the enzyme peel and the foaming cleanser, my skin has been a lot smoother and better. I have had less breakouts, extremely less and my skin is very healthy. Last year, my skin had been breaking out so bad I sought out a dermatologist for help. After a few changes of skin care, this line may be my go-to skin care routine as the products have not had any horrible reaction to my skin. This exfoliating scrub is gentle and would recommend it if you don't prefer to have actual sand beads that actually exfoliate your face. Would recommend buying the travel sample size, or even having a sample poured out prior to purchasing it as this line is expensive, I admit. But for me, if the product works for you skin, then I'd stick to it, unless you can find a cheaper alternative. But I will always have this as a backup. Would recommend and repurchase

on 2/21/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The packaging is a little silly-- I don't find that the 'pre-measuring pour' works. I just use a dime-size mound that seems enough.

I use this 1-2 a week in the morning, and my face feels so soft afterwards. It foams up and is a very gentle AHA exfoliator. If you want a very abrasive or scrubby exfoliators, this might disappoint you. I consider this a 'maintenance' exfoliator, and every 2 weeks I use a crystal exfoliator in the shower.

Tip: If you are going to use this in the shower, I recommend 'decanting' a small portion into a travel container. The humidity will cause it to clump up (like salt) otherwise, and you might waste a lot of product.

This is my HG exfoliator...it smells fresh and leaves my skin incredibly soft, smooth, and clean feeling. I will continue to purchase this, because even though it is on the pricier side, the bottle lasts forever.

on 1/13/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I admit, I'm clueless as to how this product actually works so well (I've tried peels before, but they always slightly tingle or sting), but it just DOES. It's powdered botanical magic, I tell you! Treatment Enzyme Peel is a product that doesn't feel like it's doing anything when you use it (if you are used to scrubs), and you don't think it's doing anything besides cleansing since it's just a foam. But, lo and behold, when you rinse off you are left with bright and glowing skin. I used this once, then twice, and didn't think it did anything at all. I was so angry that I spent my money on this after my friend raved about it... until I started using it every other day and quickly noticed that my skin was softer, clearer, more radiant, and glowing. Now it's HG for me, and I have shoved aside all of my harsher scrubs and microdermabrasion treatments. The container dispenses the perfect amount of floral-scented powder for each use, and all you have to do it add a little bit of water to create a luxurious foam. Massage onto your face for about a minute, then rinse. It's as easy as that :)

Popular Scrubs