Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 6/23/2016 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My HG mascara! Works completely better than the non-waterproof version because it holds actually holds a curl in my straight Asian lashes! It even withstood my oily eyelids, my sweating in Las Vegas's 100+ degrees Farenheit, and swimming/showering!

I just don't like how it's slightly difficult to fully remove. Even when I use baby oil as a makeup remover there's still some remaining at the roots of my lashes which makes it uneven when I'm curling them the next morning.

I know that this mascara has been around for a while but I purchased it recently and I am going to tell you about my personal experience. I really like this mascara . The brush is great not too big or small. The formula is wet and thin so if you curl your eyelashes like I do you may get some transfer on your eyelids. It does not irritate my eyes. It does not feel heavy on my lashes . It can be a little difficult to remove . But I do think it a great everyday mascara . I love the Maybelline colossal spider mascara for a more dramatic mascara and the two together look out. I will say it is waterproof but not sweat proof but that's after I worked out and really sweat after work. It does hold a curl and it does give good volume and some length. I will definitely purchase this again . I would be careful about application process because as I said before it is a thin wet formula which can transfer similar to the cat eyes mascara . I think it pairs well with other mascaras as well and is very buildable it does not clump. The price is a major selling point too. I got this mascara for around $6 at Walmart . I don't think it is for a beginner I think the Falsies flared which a little bit of a drier formula is better for beginners when it comes to makeup. It's not my favorite mascara but definitely one of the best mascaras out there in the drugstore .

To Read all 517 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My first mascara ever. As I tried other products I realised this isn't a really good mascara but it is okay I guess. It has a nice wand that helps curl up your lashes but the formula is heavy and wet so your lashes will drag down eventually. This is waterproof a little comes off with water but I never got any racoon eyes. It does not clump in my experience but it doesn't add a significant volume to lashes too. So again this is just an okay mascara. It is easy to use and it has a really nice smell to it that I have never yet seen in any product other than Maybelline's. Maybe I will buy it again for the smell and it is really cheap so whatever.

I bought it because everyone raved about it. I should've known better...I like the wand but not the formula. It takes sooo long to dry and it seems to make my lashes heavier and so it dragged my lashes down instead of making it all curled up and pretty.

on 3/19/2016 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Disappointed in this one, not waterproof at all ended up with raccoon eyes after a regular work day. Doesn't give much length, does give some volume and does hold a bit of a curl. Would not repurchase.

on 2/26/2016 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Blinkers beware - I love the way this stuff looks, natural but with oomph, I don't care if you know I'm wearing mascara but I don't want thick clumpy stuff either. It goes on easily and dries quickly (compared to the really wet formulas) I never have to worry about clumping when applying. HOWEVER, equally important to me is that it doesn't flake or smudge, I don't pay $50 for my lancome concealer just to add more dark circles under my eyes from mascara smudging off. All you have to do to test for yourself is take a tissue and gently swipe along your lashes, you will see the mascara on the tissue with minimal effort. Not good enough.

on 2/25/2016 7:07:00 PM

Decent mascara but even the waterproof version smudges under my eyes. I've tried better mascaras than this but worth the try.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The only word I can think of to describe this mascara is "meh". It certainly isn't the worst mascara out there, but it's far from the best.

The pros are that it really is waterproof, it doesn't flake, and it's not too clumpy. Aside from that, it doesn't make the lashes pop too much, doesn't hold a curl too well, has a little bit of an off putting scent (it's not overwhelming or irritating but it is noticeable), it's a little sticky and a little gooey, and you definitely have to put on several coats to make your lashes stand out.

I think this would be good to wear with fake eyelashes, just to make your natural ones blend in. Aside from that, I wasn't too impressed (maybe I'm spoiled by my Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara) and I do think there are better waterproof drug store mascaras out there. Again, it's not really bad, it's not really good, it's just... meh.

on 1/18/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this mascara. I have long lashes as it is but they aren't thick but this mascara really does enhance and volumise it better than anything I've ever used.

I generally apply 3 to 4 coats of this mascara then brush it through with a lash separator, this is if I'm doing something dramatic, it literally gives me the appearance of wearing falsies. But for a simpler everyday look I apply a coat or 2 of this just to the tips of my lashes as the ends of my lashes are blonde coloured.

I'd say the only problem with this mascara is that it tends to dry out fast (within 2 to 3 months) but I've figured out ways to use that to my advantage, I generally warm it up by putting it in my pocket while I'm doing the rest of my makeup.

For my dramatic look- I generally have 2 of these on hand, a dried out one and a new one. I use 2 to 3 coats of the new one all over my lashes (root to tip) and then taking the dried out one I just brush it through the roots of my lashes, which does clump it but it isn't visible as it is only the roots, but it gives me the illusion of thicker lashes then I run through it with a lash separator.

Overall- LOVE this product, definitely a favourite.

Fantastic mascara, makes my eyelashes full and large. Doesn't clump or make you look like a panda. I used it for years.