Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I rated "Price" at a 1 because, for me, it isn't worth a penny. Not only did it not hold any curl, it looked like I hadn't put any mascara on! I actually looked at the wand and the top of the tube because I thought perhaps this one was missed at the factory and didn't have any mascara in it. It did have mascara in it; it is just lousy mascara. I'm sorry I wasted my money on it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Once again, I had high hopes for a mascara and was left disappointed. I tested this one only once, but that was enough.

The good:
+ Because it's waterproof, it held my lashes' curl, which was amazing.
+ With just two coats, it provides decent volume and length.
+ With three coats, I'm sure a more dramatic look can be achieved.

The bad/dealbreaker:
+ This was smudged under my eyes within four hours. That is insanely bad performance.

The only caveat with this review is that mascaras often smear under my deep-set eyes, so if you don't usually have that problem with mascara, this one could be fantastic for you.

I think I'll give a Lancome waterproof a try. Tons of wedding blogs suggest that as a great long-wear option.

on 1/14/2017 11:45:00 PM

This is my HOLY GRAIL mascara, hands down. I have tried so many, including high end (Benefit, Lancome, etc.), and none of them can replace this for me.

I use the shade Glam Black, and it's honestly the blackest shade of mascara I've ever owned. If you have blue eyes like I do, that shade really makes them "pop", and stand out. I love the waterproof version, because it lasts all day through pretty much anything, and holds the curl in my lashes (which I need, since they tend to fall down a lot).

I've been asked so many times what falsies/mascara I'm wearing whenever I wear this; it can look natural or glam, depending on what you're going for.

The only thing I would say is that it can tend to dry out fairly quickly, and, if you're not careful, it can clump up on your lashes. But other than that, I LOVE this formula, and I can't live without this mascara! I highly recommend at least trying it.

on 3/19/2017 5:54:00 AM

This mascara is soo good, this was maybe the third mascara I have ever used - no need to change to others :D

I like to have the result pretty natural, this gives VERY BLACK color and nice definition to my lashes only with one or two coats. But sometimes in special occasions I can also make my lashes poppin' and volumized - double use! I have very watery eyes and winter in Finland doesn't really help it, but this mascara does not drain or smudge at all. It doesn't fall down in flakes to my cheeks, it stays in my lashes! (Truly, you need a good makeup remover for this)

Overall so good quality for this price. My mom always adores my lashes and thinks of changing her Lancome Doll Eyes to this.

on 4/12/2017 6:02:00 PM

This mascara is nice and black, my lashes look full but natural and non-clumpy. It dries quickly and the price is affordable.The packaging is pretty and functional and the brush is great. Otherwise the perfect mascara but even the waterproof version smudges on my slightly oily lids quickly so I'll keep using it until I find a better one.

Update: I found a better one! L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black. Doesn't smudge and we couldn't be happier together.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Currently on the search for my perfect mascara. I have pretty high standards.
Naturally my lashes are medium brown, medium in length. They curl a bit and are fairly thick.
I have been told by my Asian friends that they wish they had my lashes and that they are amazed by how my lashes look with even just a little bit of generic mascara and no curling. If you have short, sparse, straight lashes, we probably aren't looking for the same thing.

Colour: 5/5 - Very dark and pigmented!
Length: 4/5 - Made my lashes look long without being spidery.
Volume: 3/5 - Good, but I would like more. It doesn't clump, however, which is what usually happens with more volume.

A good amount of product comes out and I didn't feel like I had to scrape any off. The wand is good, but the thickness along with the shorter brushes means it's easy to get mascara on your lids. I had to comb the applicator through my lashes many times (around 10), to get full coverage. Still, it didn't clump though, which is impressive. It dried quickly when it was on my lashes. My lashes don't feel heavy at all, but when I touch them, it obviously feels like I'm wearing mascara, but it doesn't feel crunchy. There are no flakes or fallout. I haven't work it too long, but the staying power is good so far!

on 6/23/2016 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My HG mascara! Works completely better than the non-waterproof version because it holds actually holds a curl in my straight Asian lashes! It even withstood my oily eyelids, my sweating in Las Vegas's 100+ degrees Farenheit, and swimming/showering!

I just don't like how it's slightly difficult to fully remove. Even when I use baby oil as a makeup remover there's still some remaining at the roots of my lashes which makes it uneven when I'm curling them the next morning.

on 12/6/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This Maybelline mascara is my absolute favorite. I need a mascara that is waterproof for my watery eyes and will hold a curl since most mascaras destroy curls on me. This mascara was exactly what I needed. It has incredible lash separation. The wand is thick so it can be difficult to get to the roots, even more so if you have small eyes. The formula is very wet so it can be a bit messy to apply, but gets better with practice. I always get nice, fluffy lashes on the first layer, but some may need two coats. This mascara does have a slight chemical smell, but it does disappear. I have slept with it on, survived sweat and tears, and even water with it on with only a little flaking in sleep. This mascara can be difficult to remove as it is waterproof, but comes off easily with the right makeup remover and warm water. This mascara is super cheap and easy to find at essentially any drugstore. I highly recommend this product!

I know that this mascara has been around for a while but I purchased it recently and I am going to tell you about my personal experience. I really like this mascara . The brush is great not too big or small. The formula is wet and thin so if you curl your eyelashes like I do you may get some transfer on your eyelids. It does not irritate my eyes. It does not feel heavy on my lashes . It can be a little difficult to remove . But I do think it a great everyday mascara . I love the Maybelline colossal spider mascara for a more dramatic mascara and the two together look out. I will say it is waterproof but not sweat proof but that's after I worked out and really sweat after work. It does hold a curl and it does give good volume and some length. I will definitely purchase this again . I would be careful about application process because as I said before it is a thin wet formula which can transfer similar to the cat eyes mascara . I think it pairs well with other mascaras as well and is very buildable it does not clump. The price is a major selling point too. I got this mascara for around $6 at Walmart . I don't think it is for a beginner I think the Falsies flared which a little bit of a drier formula is better for beginners when it comes to makeup. It's not my favorite mascara but definitely one of the best mascaras out there in the drugstore .

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing, you lashes 'll look excellent, like they are artificial but pretty