Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 10/31/2018 7:28:00 AM

Not waterproof.

I bought this for a beach holiday and came out the water with mascara under my eyes everytime I wore it. Cheap but doesn't deliver.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

While this did make my lashes look longer and fluttery with nice separation, it ended up smudging by the late afternoon (not even a full day). It's labeled as a waterproof mascara, but it doesn't hold up well at all against my oily lids. I went back to my HG Maybelline Total Temptation waterproof and don't plan on switching anytime soon.

on 8/9/2018 9:56:00 AM

This is the mascara that I just can't quit. It sometimes comes in a double pack special in the glam black and I just have to get it. I try others... But I keep coming back to this one. I love the wand more than any other I've used. It also has decent staying power and makes my lashes look thicker and longer (I'm not a good person to judge this by - I have fairly nice lashes already, so it could just be making them darker and therefore more noticeable.)

I've haven't found anything yet to replace this guy in my arsenal, but I'm always looking. As others have said, I do usually end up with a little smudge under the lower lashes, no matter what. That's frustrating, but happens in a lot of other mascaras I've used, so I don't know what the answer is.

on 6/17/2018 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Idk if my mascara came dry or the formula is
I like how the wand never picks up too much product and how it seperates my lashes
But seperating is all it does
It doesnt give me volume or length or a curl
It does also smudge at the end of the day
And its a pain to remove, everytime i think im done i find out there are still much to remove
Wont buying this again sorry colossal

on 4/26/2018 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a repeat buyer of Maybelline's the Colossal Volum' Express waterproof mascara because it quickly deposits the mascara on my lashes, and it does not dry out so fast like most other mascaras. The similar Colossal mascara in the gold-colored tube does dry out too quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara adds length and volume to my eyelashes and holds a curl. It does smudge under my bottom lash line, even though I do not use this mascara on my bottom lashes. Removes fine with DHC Cleansing Oil or Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm.

I will not be buying this again since there are many more waterproof formulas that I need to try out. If I was desperate, I would buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I rated "Price" at a 1 because, for me, it isn't worth a penny. Not only did it not hold any curl, it looked like I hadn't put any mascara on! I actually looked at the wand and the top of the tube because I thought perhaps this one was missed at the factory and didn't have any mascara in it. It did have mascara in it; it is just lousy mascara. I'm sorry I wasted my money on it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Once again, I had high hopes for a mascara and was left disappointed. I tested this one only once, but that was enough.

The good:
+ Because it's waterproof, it held my lashes' curl, which was amazing.
+ With just two coats, it provides decent volume and length.
+ With three coats, I'm sure a more dramatic look can be achieved.

The bad/dealbreaker:
+ This was smudged under my eyes within four hours. That is insanely bad performance.

The only caveat with this review is that mascaras often smear under my deep-set eyes, so if you don't usually have that problem with mascara, this one could be fantastic for you.

I think I'll give a Lancome waterproof a try. Tons of wedding blogs suggest that as a great long-wear option.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Currently on the search for my perfect mascara. I have pretty high standards.
Naturally my lashes are medium brown, medium in length. They curl a bit and are fairly thick.
I have been told by my Asian friends that they wish they had my lashes and that they are amazed by how my lashes look with even just a little bit of generic mascara and no curling. If you have short, sparse, straight lashes, we probably aren't looking for the same thing.

Colour: 5/5 - Very dark and pigmented!
Length: 4/5 - Made my lashes look long without being spidery.
Volume: 3/5 - Good, but I would like more. It doesn't clump, however, which is what usually happens with more volume.

A good amount of product comes out and I didn't feel like I had to scrape any off. The wand is good, but the thickness along with the shorter brushes means it's easy to get mascara on your lids. I had to comb the applicator through my lashes many times (around 10), to get full coverage. Still, it didn't clump though, which is impressive. It dried quickly when it was on my lashes. My lashes don't feel heavy at all, but when I touch them, it obviously feels like I'm wearing mascara, but it doesn't feel crunchy. There are no flakes or fallout. I haven't work it too long, but the staying power is good so far!

on 4/12/2017 6:02:00 PM

This mascara is nice and black, my lashes look full but natural and non-clumpy. It dries quickly and the price is affordable.The packaging is pretty and functional and the brush is great. Otherwise the perfect mascara but even the waterproof version smudges on my slightly oily lids quickly so I'll keep using it until I find a better one.

Update: I found a better one! L'Oreal Volume Million lashes - So Couture. Doesn't smudge! To me that's the most important thing at this point. Best one so far!