4.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

* Me - NC25/30 with mauvish pigmented lips. * Product - Rouge Allure Laque - Dragon (75) * Review - Let me preface this by stating that I am not a red lip gal. Never have been and until now, I never thought I would be. But lo and behold, Dragon has made me a believer! I love the formula, it doesn’t smear all over the place and it can work with our without a lip liner (I personally prefer a liner). This is very much a bold “statement red”, sexy and intense at the same time. It has the gorgeous vibrant color without the icky stickiness of a gloss. The best part is that it’s extremely long-wearing and when it does fade after hours and hours, it leaves a pretty berry stain effect. Overall, this is just perfect! * Tip - Although this is sadly discontinued, it is still listed on the Chanel website for France and Belgium as of the date of this review. I have no problem finding Dragon in Brussels, Belgium . . . for now that is ;) * Price - €32.50 * Verdict - This is an absolutely sophisticated and gorgeous red. Truly awe-inspiring!

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I bought this because I heard that it's being discontinued. Well, I checked our Chanel counter here and she said it's still going to be available. hmmm. Anyway, this is the perfect power red. sexy, glamorous and sophisticated. It works with my skintone. It's such a vibrant, bold color that demands attention. It lasts for hours and fades evenly on me. If I want to apply it straight from the tube, I'd mute my lip color with nude lipstick or concealer (I have pigmented lips). I use a lip brush for a lighter effect, but it's still such a sexy red, and it makes me feel special! I'd definitely re-purchase this if I could.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

from

8 years ago

I am a red lipstick aficionado. I was going to a Chanel event and wanted to try something different. I had heard about the new laques and was curious. The holidays are coming soon and there is nothing as dressy and chic as a red lip. I was going to wait until after Thanksgiving before premiering my new lippie; but I could not wait. I liked the fact that it is like a stain in the staying power of the color but it has some gloss to it and it also does not feel drying on the lips. I wanted to kick it up a notch so I bought the Pirate nail polish and now I am good to go. I cannot tell you how many compliments that I received on this lip color. This is one Chanel purchase that I did not regret. I will tell you to jump on this one because Chanel is famous for discontinuing good things.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry

HairBlond

from

8 years ago

I owned this for exactly 3 days. I was looking for my perfect true red, but alas this was too blood-red for me. Completely overpowered by it. I substract one lippie because I found it slightly more difficult to work with than my other RAL in Phoenix. The latter applies evenly and small mistakes can be forgiven. Not so with the Dragon - it had to be picture perfect to be picture perfect. If you are a classic cool-toned beauty this will look great on you, if you are on the verge of cool-warm I highly recommend you try it first.

About reviewer (288 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I get so many compliments while wearing this laque, I never want anything else. It's what every femme fatale needs. I wear it with black eyeliner and a pink blush, everything else will just draw attention away from your lips. Only, because it draws so much attention I find it hard to wear during the day. And I've seen it mentioned before, that after a meal all that is left is a line that looks like a lip liner.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

Beautiful and stunning. More glamorous than a classic red in some way. It seems to work with most skin tones, but some fair skinned girls might still prefer a cherry red. The texture is so interesting, and it's like a liquid lipstick to me. You get a comfortable product with some sheen, and that keeps the color from going flat. I love the name, too. I'm sure most women who've bought it think the same. Now I'm on a mission to find a dupe, or maybe two products I can combine to make a dupe. Right now my mind is on Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Crimson, maybe with a slight shimmer added. I'm thinking of the Maybelline Pearls lipstick in Sparkling Sand. I will update once I figure it out. Update: Chanel is going to discontinue this along with the other shades in the line of Rouge Allure Laque, so buy it while you can! If you want to wear this for the holidays, don't wait. It can take awhile for the word to get out among some Chanel SA's, and honestly, I think they need to have more meetings to stay up to date about company information.

About reviewer (1598 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

This is the most fantastic lip product I have ever used. I bought it to wear to my graduation and cringed at the price, only to be so over the moon about its performance! You don't have to use a lot, especially considering the extremely deep, opaque nature of the color itself. I applied it once in the morning at about 9 AM and didn't have to reapply or touch up. At all. Like, at all. This was in the midst of darting from ceremony to ceremony in dry, California 95 degree heat. Dragon withstood a light lunch, drinking tons of water, then dinner at 8:30 PM and still looked good well into the late night hours. It didn't crack, didn't fade, didn't dry my lips out, and didn't waver in any respect. I cannot stress how much I love this. I want one in every color! <br><br>Aside from the actual wear, the color is a vivid, perfect blue-based red. They have a more orange based one as well, but since I'm more neutral than truly warm I opted for Dragon and clearly was not disappointed. I've since worn it out dancing and drinking and it's been consistently wonderful. I've never had any issues with it whatsoever. You DO have to be careful while putting it on, but once it's on your lips, it's there.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

This was truly love at first sight. I am NC42 and I find this shade of red suits me wonderfully - although it is such a gorgeous, rich colour, I suspect it is probably universally flattering. My first red lipstick was MAC Russian Red, and while I adore that to pieces, there is something about Chanel products that exudes complete glamour, elegance and sophistication. The application is faultless and although I haven't worn this for lengthy periods (as yet), dabbing it on lightly with your ring finger makes for a beautiful, lasting stain. I couldn't make out any obvious fragrance other than the normal 'lipstick' scent. It is very pigmented, so application does take time. Packaging is wonderful. Compact but stylish, and 6ml goes a long way. This is the most I've spent on any lip product to date (I think I paid about NZ$65-75 for it?) but I do think it's well worth it.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

EyesBrown

8 years ago

I bought this yesterday, and I LOVE IT. A perfect deep sexy red that has now established my standard for classic, gorgeous sexy red. The shiny is beautiful, and the color payoff is intense. My lips tend to chap during the day, but I'm on hour 6, and no chapping or peeling in sight! Moisturizing and smooth texture. Will absolutely repurchase. Do wish there was a way to not get color around the lid when pulling the wand out, but that's a tiny engineering thing.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

9 years ago

My HG red. Have been searching for the perfect red and this is it. Beautiful texture, great staying power and a little goes a long way. I use this for a night out paired with black liner on the eyes and voila, simple and chic.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35