4.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This is the best quality lip product I have ever tried, long long lasting, beautiful shine that last forever, unfortunately this red it's too dark of a red and alittle too blue for me. (nc40 for reference)

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

from

11 years ago

This comes in a reassuringly solid and heavy little bottle, the epitome of old fashioned style. The colour applies thick and rich, but doesn't feel sticky on the lips. This colour is a dark red with a very slight hint of purple, a blue-tone red which seems to flatter warmer toned people as well as cooler. I would advise applying a little at a time as it is very pigmented and it's a pain if you overtstep the lip line and have to clear it up. As for it's lasting power, it does last hours. A tip though, would be to check on in every now and then if you tend to lick your lips or you're eating/drinking and the center of the lower lip can wear away slightly. End of the day: if you're looking for a vintage, vampy lipstick which can be turned up or down to match the situation, this is the one for you.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

11 years ago

Girls listen... this is fan-tas-tic. Dragon is my first laque and actually my 2nd red colour (other red I own is aqualumiere Amalfi). Let me start by telling you about the staying power of the laque. It lasts so long it's really superb. I pair Dragon with lip pencil Roux Sienna which for me is the perfect combination. When I was at Chanel the actual colour looked a bit scary to me. This went as soon as the MUA applied the colour to my lips. It was simply stunning, it looks fresh, young and elegant at the same time. Very attractive! I was there with my friend and we both purchased Dragon because on her it looked just as flattering. Just last week I was there with another friend, so I told her about the laque and Dragon in particular. She ended up buying it as well, the MUA applied Dragon on her lips and she too was sold right there and then. So what I'm saying is try it on and you will see for yourself. It's universally flattering on everybody. I will definately repurchase when I run out. I wish they would expand the colour palette because the colours are limited (i think 8 colours) which is a pity.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesBlack

11 years ago

This is my fifth Lip Lacquer and I just love it!!!!! First of all, I love the Lip Lacquer concept in general, as I pointed out in all of my other reviews, these are a perfect combination of a lipstick, lip gloss and lip stain - at least for me. Unlike Coromandel which tends to bleed a bit, I find that Dragon is much better in that regard and I don't even have to use the clear lip liner to keep it from bleeding. Dragon on me is a beautiful berry-ish red and as it wears off (it actually lasts longer on my lips than other colours) it leaves a nice stainy finish which I love. I find I only have to reapply Dragon after eating, so during a normal business day I apply it just once in the morning and once after lunch and I am set. I did compare this colour with Infrarouge as someone pointed our below, but I find that this version of Dragon has less shimmer (almost none), vs. Infrarouge. So, I wouldn't say it's a 100% match, but I actually prefer this version of Dragon. If you like reds, you will love this one, it's a very classy and easy to wear red even though it is also very noticeable. Highly recommended!

About reviewer (245 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

Ok let me start by saying how glad I am that Chanel brought this collour back,I used to own the lipstick version en was verrry sad to see it discontinued because it was my true love in red lipstick.I tried to find another one but failed. So when I walked in to the drugstore and saw the new items of Chanel with the familliar name Dargon I was so happy,tried it imediatelly and it's the same shade o joy.. I'm wearing it right now and I must say I like this version betten it's much eassier to apply and get the lines straight wich is verry impotant with red lipstick.The applicator works teriffic So please please Chanel don't discontinue it again,because it goes so well with my pale skin dark hair and greeneyes Lady's if you are fair skinned en dark haired this is a must try because it's a nice cool red shade,and most reds do contain a lot of orange wich is verry bad with mu skin tone... I love that it's BACK.............................

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

11 years ago

This lip lacquer actually works for me, in fact I am absolutely in love with it! Not only does it apply easily, feel weightless, and blot down to be pretty much transfer-proof, it is the absolute PERFECT shade of red for me, a cool-toned blood red that lasts for hours without needing retouching. Love it!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

11 years ago

This is Chanels latest lipgloss, or rather laque. Dragon is a very beautiful bright (blue)red colour. Where other glosses don't dry out my lips this laque certainly does. It's worse than lipstick. When just applied it looks fantastic, due to my dry lips 5 minutes later it already starts to get uncomfortable. I found it very hard to apply lightly, it smudges easily. Allover, all I like about this product is the packaging and the colour. A waste of my money but maybe it works fine on other people.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool