4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

Nice color on my pigmented lips and NC20 skin tone. Just a hint darker than my natural lip color but close! Color is more of a bronze with a hint of plum. Kind of reminds me of a lighter version of Mac Creme in your Coffee lipstick. It is pretty pigmented considering it being a sheer lipstick. Although it is expensive I cannot find a similar color at the drugstore. It’s pretty unique and flattering! Will repurchase.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

3.0

7 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority on this one but I'm just not impressed with this lipstick. I tried it on in the store and (I think because it was the end of a long day) I thought it was pretty, but after actually purchasing it, I'm just kind of bored. I have pale, yellow-toned skin and pretty colorless lips. I thought this would be a MLBB but it doesn't even do that. It is just a bit too peach toned to make my lips stand out--it kind of blends in. As some other reviewers noted, it doesn't "brighten" my face. Maybe because my lips are not pigmented, or maybe because I'm older and I need brighter lipstick colors now. Also, the texture is dryer than I thought and it kind of gets that "gritty" feel on your lips as it wears off---ugh. The package is pretty, but for $26 I expect more--or at least to feel some excitement about wearing it. However, after reading that some others say this looks best with a tan, I'll give it a second chance when I've got some color this summer.

About reviewer (387 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

7 years ago

For so long time I have been searching for everyday lipstick (not gloss) for my NC15 skin and blue eyes. Most roses are too cool for me, bronzes do not match to my favourite overall pastel outfit. Yesterday at local Sephora I met genial NARS makeup artist who carefully listened to my concenrs and than picked this one. Perfect for me. Tender, no cool rose, yet compatible with more muted/soft makeup with rose tones. On my strongly pigmented lips more towards red. Certainly five lippies.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesBlue

7 years ago

Nars Dolce Vita gets all the love, but in my book Falbala deserves it! It's a gorgeous bronzed rose shade. It's a sheer lipstick but can be built up to medium opacity. Texture is light and slightly dewy. It's sophisticated and versatile. One of my favorite lipsticks and probably the one I wear most often.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOther, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

Oh God, this is pretty much MLBB PERFECTION. It's a discreet but interesting, slightly sheer rose gold shimmered lipstick with a satiny finish. It's MLBB, wear anywhere, go with everything but it's not boring! It's actually a very complex shade - neutral pink, rose, gold and bronze all amalgamated into a 3.4g (average size for a lippie?) stick of utter loveliness. This should work for a wide range of skin tones and shades as it has enough depth and nuance to enhance both warm and cool tones as well as working with your natural lip colour (always flattering!) so I hope this gets a lot of love because it is certainly well deserved. Gorgeous.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

This is a very pretty pinky bronze color and works wells with either dark or light skin tones. It looked great on both of my older sisters and myself. I bought this from one of those discounted cosmetic sites for $8 and it is a real NARS product and not a fake,thank goodness. I would buy again.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

Falbala seems to look great on both darker and paler skins. I'm nc25 and I think one reviewer has nc42 :) It's just lovely. Falbala is a perfect mix between bronze and pink and doesn't leave your lips looking ''muddy'' because of it's subtle shine. The colour is buildable so it can be worn during the day as well as during an evening out. This is my everyday lipstick and I like it with my MAC lip pencil in 'morning coffee' (I think it's pro longwear). Morning coffee is similar to Falbala, but a touch more brown which gives my lips definition without looking like Pamela Anderson during the 90's. The reason I give this lippstick only 4 is beacuse of the lasting power. It only lasts for 2 hours and definietly won't survive a meal. Otherwis it's great and it keeps my lips moisturized and looking great in a natural way.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

This is my favorite everyday lipstick. It is a very interesting but subtle color. Love it!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

My first review here. I just got Falbala on eBay for $12.00. Money well spent. I have a lot of pink pigment in my lips (I am a very pale, blue-eyed blond--NW20) and this shimmers like a gloss on me--defintely YLBB--and adds just a touch of rosey-gold color. Very nice no-lipstick lipstick. My husband-not a lipstick lover-- liked this on me. Great for work and everyday wear. Not drying for me, but I do put it over or under lip balm.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

This is a pretty, shimmery, rose bronze. It's closeish to my natural lip colour but a tad too brown for me. Doesn't brighten my face but I can see it as a lovely summer shade, especially if you have the sun-kissed look going.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure