L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner
Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil EyelinerExtra-Intense Liquid Pencil EyelinerL'Oreal EYELINERS

4.1

on 8/26/2017 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For reference, I have monolids with normal skin. The biggest problem for me is the fact that this pencil smudges hard. Only after 2 hours or so, the black pigment would travel to my under eye/lower lash line area, and give me panda eyes. Yes the pencil itself is very pigmented and glides on like butter, but the smudging is just too much to deal with. Another problem I have is the removal, for a pencil that tend to smudge like this one, it is ridiculously difficult to remove completely, to the point when I wake up the next day, there's still some black residue left. As for sharpening, it might look hard to sharpen, but any regular pencil sharpener would do.

All Loreal liners do not work very well. This liner was not as dark as it's being marketed as, although it did glide on a little better than the infallible liner, it smeared and wore off within hours like all their other liners, it broke easily and it has to be sharpened. People want mechanical liners so they don't have to sharpen them, why make it look mechanical if it isn't? Super inconvient. Not sure why all these companies lists their liners as waterproof, smudge proof, &looking lasting if they aren't. I won't be trying any new loreal liners anymore, I never liked any of their mascara either. They charge more than they are worth for their products.

on 3/1/2017 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After being dissapointed by liquid liners and too lazy for gel liners, I decided to go back to the basics with a pencil. This is so intense and creamy, I am surprised everytime I go to line my lids at how effortlessly this applies. I sharpen everytime and start with inner corners, and smudge everything with the tip as i go to soften any edges. It lasts all day even though I have teary eyes. I can't even tell the difference between this and gel liners, it's so intense!

I was disappointed with UD 24/7 glide-on in shade Perversion, it dried up very quickly, skips and almost unusable now. My Rimmel scandaleyes waterproof is almost finished after serving me a good 2 years, and so I thought of looking for another black eyeliner pencil that can be used for both upper and lower lash line as well as the inner rim.

Used it a few times and Im impressed. It is very smooth, pigmented, long lasting. If I want to do a quick smoked out look , then black eyeliner pencil is my go-to. So far so good. This pencil is also made in germany like UD, but I hope it doesnt dry out quickly. Paid almost 9 bucks from Walmart, which is about 1/2 of UD's cost.

update 8/2016: this pencil is smooth, very pigmented, BUT keeps smudging eventhough my skin is dry type. it's hard to use this as upper lid tightline as it will keep going on the lower lashline and will later on give you a racoon eye.

3/5

on 12/16/2015 5:58:00 PM

Most trusted eyeliner! I have been using this for years! It doesn't smudge, stays on forever, doesn't run if you cry or swim. I wear contact lenses so my eyes get watery sometimes. I apply this on my water line it stays on all day. Easy to remove with good eye makeup remover. Truly amazing stuff.

on 2/5/2016 6:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I've only ever used automatic pencils, usually on the drier side. I got two of these, in brown and carbon black from a Walgreens BOGO offer plus 20% off (!) so I was happy to experiment.

Pros
- Lasts longer than any eyeliner I've ever used, until I take it off at night (the reason I gave this a high rating)
- Soft pencil glides on super smooth, no tugging whatsoever
- Very pigmented (the carbon black is super intense, and the brown color is on the dark side, which is great)

Cons
- Not automatic; a very soft pencil that you have to sharpen carefully and OFTEN
- Because of the soft texture, it's hard to get precise line due to the tip rounding off
- It can be smear-y while applying it (though does not budge once it's set). I thought that this pencil would create a smudgy eyeliner look in a snap but you actually have to wait for it to dry a bit beforehand. The smudger included on the other end doesn't smudge-- it smears the pencil into a cleaner line. Which is fine, unless you want a smokier look, at which point you have to use a sponge or brush to diffuse the line.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best pencil liner I've ever used hands down. It is the BLACKEST I've ever seen, glides on like a dream (you barely need to press at all), and stays on my waterline all day long. It doesn't irritate my eyes which is great. It's also nice and soft. I only wish that it came automatic instead of in pencil form, but otherwise this product is flawless. Give it a try!

I have high standards for eyeliner. I usually use Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners but I want something more affordable. ANYWAY, this eyeliner smears like crazy on my eyelid and I don't have oily eyelids. It does not last on my waterline either. For a cheaper eyeliner, I will stick with avon's glimmersticks which are usually 3/$10 and don't smear like this.

on 5/17/2015 2:38:00 AM

I've already REPURCHASED this. The best and most unique feature of this eyeliner is that it is the DARKEST BLACK eyeliner I've ever tried. Very long wearing and don't have to reapply even once throughout a long day.

By far the best eyeliner I have ever used. I love this liner because of how long lasting it is and how intense the color is for a pencil liner. I tried Makeup Forever's Aqua Eye's pencil because it supposedly produced a darker color, but it did not compare to this pencil . One tip on using this pencil is to be gentle when sharpening it, because the liner can easily break due to its softness.