Trish McEvoy Topaz eyeshadow

Trish McEvoy Topaz eyeshadow
Topaz eyeshadow

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have half a dozen bronze eyeshadows but nothing quite like this. My SA picked it out for me. It's closest to my Urban Decay YDK, but with a little more pink/peach undertones and less shimmer/sheen. I bought this with a palette and find it pairs very well with the other TM deep auburgine, white peach, and tawny e/s. The color is incredibly versatile. I'm pale with warm coloring, and originally thought this looked too cool in the pan to look good on me. Wrong. This is universally flattering.

The texture is lovely -- applies very smoothly and doesn't require a lot of tamping/swiping with my brush to get a pigmented application. The sheen is not over the top and looks very classy/sophisticated. The powder blends very well as an overall base or with other shadows. It looks great if you mix it a little with a darker brown and apply in the crease, and then blend it in by itself over the lid to make a nice daytime smokey brown eye.

The packaging is a negative -- there is none. It's in a pan only, so you need a case it will fit in. It's magnetic and pops out of the standard TM case very easily.

on 6/28/2011 6:51:00 PM

I really love this eyeshadow. I thought that I had a similar color but I really did not. I would say it is similar to Mac's satin taupe, but is has more a bronzy sheen. It is a great everyday taupe that warms up and helps to define my crease.

The only issue is that you might be pressured to buy the Trish McEvoy palette but these eyeshadows stick perfectly in my z-palette.

on 3/28/2004 1:25:00 PM

NW20-25. Black hair; blue eyes.
This is one of my other favorite Trish colors. It is just perfect b/c it goes with anything!! Extremely versatile!! A gorgeous bronzey color that doesn't turn orange on me at all. Looks good paired with denim, gunmetal, 18K or clover definer. Great staying power.

on 12/30/2004 7:49:00 AM

This is one of those m.u. purchases which impresses me more and more as I use it regularly. The SA recommended it for me, and I usually stick to cool colors (this is sort of a neutral, I suppose) but this one is so perfect and so versatile and so beautiful...sigh. I usually layer it on either my lids or crease or both. Great staying power. Buy it, seriously.

This is one of my favorites, and sure to become a staple. I have the old style round pan, which doesn't fit in anything. But the texture is fabulously smooth and blends fairly nicely. Topaz is a lovely dark bronze color that looks more shimmery in the pot but more neutral when you put it on. I have dark brown eyes, light skin and it looks sophisticated but subtle when worn alone.

on 10/11/2007 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows. My sa recommended this to me awhile back, but I use it faithfully. I have slightly olive skin, dark brown hair, and light green eyes and this rusty-brown shade makes them pop. It has a good portion of red w/little gold sparkles in it also. If you have green eyes, this one is a keeper!

on 5/13/2003 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorite shadows! It's a basic warm brown with a hint of shimmer, and it looks stunning paired with anything from a gold to a violet shade. If I'm in a rush I'll just sweep some of this on solo and throw on some lipstick - this is one of those colours that really does the trick in a pinch, because it's so versatile and flattering. I wasn't sure about this one at first - after all, I own several thousand variations of brown already! But this one has become a staple for some reason, and that's most likely because it stays on for the duration and looks classy and simple at once.

I seldom give out five lippies but this is just a GREAT e/s!! I never knew TM e/s were so lovely...the texture is the BEST I've come across, and the blendabilty is just awesome. I think this is my new fav brand!
Topaz is a great bronzy brown, it has shimmer, but looks so classy. The size is small but I don't care b/c I LOVE the feel of the e/s..nothing compares IMO!!