CHANEL Rouge Allure Fatale 71

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

4.5

This is the absolute red lipstick for me. I love RA Laque Dragon, but Fatale is even better, since I can pull it off in the morning, also. The color description below is accurate; a deep cherry. Not fuchsia, not orange, not too blue-based, no brown undertones. I have very light skin, dark hair and green eyes and this is one of few red lipsticks that look elegant on me. Lasting power is great and it leaves a lovely stain behind, which makes my lips look "bitten" and definitely fuller! Without being particularly hydrating, it isn't drying at all.

on 11/19/2009 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I concur with the shade description below: buildable deep cherry red, but totally wearable for day or evening. Not overly vampy. Doesn't fade on my lips to fuschia (as a lot of reds do) but stays true. Wears reasonably evenly. This is definitely a matte RA in comparison to others I have, certainly feels drier on the lips - but not uncomfortably so. I've been spoilt by Chantecaille l/s though so my expectations are very high... Plus, the drier texture means there's no chance of this one bleeding unless you really pack it on.

Although I understand this shade was released for Spring, I definitely consider a red like this more appropriate to the cooler months. I think I'll be getting a lot of wear out of it over the festive season.

4 stars - loses one star for not being as moisturising as I'd like.