CHANEL Rouge Allure Fatale 71

No Image

4.7

on 8/14/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is an holy grail for me. The color is so perfect, it's like the color of blood. I use it a lot for a quick look stained lips/ cheeks. Very nice lipstick formula to use as a cheek stain, like I just arrived from the gym. On the lips it gives the perfect bitten lips effect. I will definitely repurchase! It is so pigmented, the bullet doesn't go low!

on 11/25/2009 4:21:00 PM

This lipstick is my absolute favourite! I have dark hair and eyes and medium/fair skin. I was looking for a nice red for a very long time and after spending a ridiculous amount of money on many lipsticks I never ended up liking I decided to visit Chanel. The lady behind the counter immediately pulled this one out and, at first, I was really skeptical because it looked so dark on me but my husband (who doesn't even like lipstick on me) said it looked really nice so I forked over the $38CAD for it. And now I LOVE it! I can finally DO red. It's dark but somehow looks really natural on me (whereas whenever I wore another red it always looked a bit off, either too orange or too pink). During the day I put a tiny bit and spread with my fingers to get a beautiful stain that lasts for a while and when I go out I put it on darker for a beautiful deep cherry red colour. This lipstick feels like a sheer lipstick in the way that it doesn't feel pasty or thick..it just adds a ton of pigment to the lips. It lasts for hours, especially if I pair it with vamp (chanel) lipliner. It was totally worth the money, and I will definitely buy again (though it's so pigmented that a little goes a long way and I suspect this will last me forever).

on 11/19/2009 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I concur with the shade description below: buildable deep cherry red, but totally wearable for day or evening. Not overly vampy. Doesn't fade on my lips to fuschia (as a lot of reds do) but stays true. Wears reasonably evenly. This is definitely a matte RA in comparison to others I have, certainly feels drier on the lips - but not uncomfortably so. I've been spoilt by Chantecaille l/s though so my expectations are very high... Plus, the drier texture means there's no chance of this one bleeding unless you really pack it on.

Although I understand this shade was released for Spring, I definitely consider a red like this more appropriate to the cooler months. I think I'll be getting a lot of wear out of it over the festive season.

4 stars - loses one star for not being as moisturising as I'd like.