Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

3.8

on 8/31/2011 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this fragrance, I think it's the epitomy of summer: light, floral, citrus. However, as the other reviewers mentioned, does not last long but I don't really mind for a summer fragrance due to frequent showers and change of clothes. So I will definetely buy it again

on 5/29/2010 6:28:00 AM

I got this last week for my birthday from one of my best friends and it's such a lovely gift - I've always loved the brand and coveted the adorable bottle. While I was familiar and in love with the original Miss Dior Cherie, I had never tested the new spring/summer version so as soon as I got home, I tried it on. It happened to be a really hot day and I can say that Miss Dior Cherie L'eau is definitely a summer scent - it's clean, fresh and citrusy, perfect for a warm summer day. It's nothing like the original. From the reviews I gather I'm in the minority here, but I do prefer the original which I find to be more feminine and sophisticated. Don't get me wrong though! Miss Dior Cherie L'eau is not your average, generic citrus; the musk gives it depth and a grown-up, feminine dimension. It really is a lovely fragrance that is non-offensive and can be worn at any occasion. Still I would not wear this at night or on a date because it lacks allure... It is not a 'sexy' scent but is very versatile for the day. The bottle I have is 100ml so I don't think I'll be running out any time soon!!

on 4/25/2010 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I found this scent in a Teen Vogue magazine and instantly fell in love with it. Unlike the original Miss Dior Cherie, it's not grandma-like. The original and the L'eau version are two totally different scents. The L'eau is very fresh and reminds me of springtime. It has a clean, citrus, and a bit of floral scent to it. However, it doesn't last that long for me...maybe 5 hours at most. This scent is a bit too heavy to be worn on a daily basis but it's the perfect scent if you're going out at night. I personally don't wear it often because I think it's a bit "too much" to be used as a signature scent. It's also a bit pricey (got it discounted online ~$60USD for a 3.4oz) so I probably won't be buying it again.

L'eau is absolutely nothing like Miss Dior Cherie - nowhere near as foody and sweet. The only thing foody and sweet to me, is that initially I liken the top notes to smelling a little like a citrus souffle or mousse, as it has a lightly soft citrus smell that is slightly sweet. After that I get the gardenia and a very subtle musk. Absolutely stunning fragrance for the warm weather as it's light and fresh. However I don't find the staying power as bad as others have mentioned, so it all comes down to body chemistry as usual! For a light fragrance it lasts reasonably well on me. If you hated Miss Dior Cherie, don't let that deter you from trying L'eau as it's quite beautiful and they are nothing alike. Same gorgeous bottle though :-)

on 6/1/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Fresh, green fragrance with no resemblance to Miss Dior or Miss Dior Cherie. Opens with citrus then turns into a leafy green and white floral fragrance. Too fresh for my tastes as I smell some antiseptic cleaner notes. Lasts about 1 hour.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What a disappointment. I purchased MDC L'eau in Spain because the SA said it was a Euro exclusive and I had never seen it here in the U.S. I got suckered in and paid over $80 (translated from Euros) for a 1.7 oz bottle. I could've gotten the 3.4 oz here in the U.S for that price. Anyway, while I love the scent (I totally suck at describing scents but it smells a tiny bit like the original Miss Dior Cherie which I am on my second bottle of but a bit more mysterious--I guess I mean to say that it's not as sweet smelling as the original) it just doesn't last on. It's an Eau de Toilette which I didn't notice until after I had gotten back to the U.S. The U.S version is the same though. If they had only made this an Eau de Parfum like the original MDC then this would've been perfect. I have to spray this on like 4 times a day to get this to last. It's just a pain in the butt and not worth it in the end. The bottle's still cute though--same as MDC but taller instead of wider and it has a sheer white bow on it where as the original MDC has the silver. It's really a shame...I really like L'eau's scent more than the original.