Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

on 3/2/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This little gem really isn't a complicated scent, just simple and beautiful like a plain white summer dress. But that's the beauty here. Sometimes ''less is more'' indeed.
Bitter orange combined with gardenia creates a clean, fresh perfume. Quite girly, like cool spring air... The musk provides more depth and sophistication.
Makes me think of sunny spring days, lifts my mood and it's very wearable.
I finder its bittersweet quality very awakening and refreshing, most fragrances out there seem to be too sweet (including the original Miss Dior Cherie)
The bottle is also classy and cute, can't get enough of this perfume!
My only complain is that it doesn't last long...

Update: Unfortunately Dior is discontinuing this one, at least in Europe,... It's replaced by ''Miss Dior Cherie Eau Fraiche'' according to the official website. They have similar structure but different notes. The new one contains bergamot, gardenia and patchouli instead of orange, gardenia and musk.
Today I bought an 100ml bottle as a backup.
Thank you Dior for taking my favorite summer fragrance away after only three years in the market! Such a shame!

Second update: I sampled Eau Fraiche today. According to Christan Dior official website ''Created by François Demachy, Miss Dior Eau Fraîche is a chic veil of freshness with a chypre signature underscored by the addition of Indonesian Patchouli.

A delicate blend of Calabrian Bergamot and vibrant Gardenia highlighted by fresh and luminous Indonesian Patchouli, Miss Dior Eau Fraiche is a sunny, springlike and eternally elegant scent.''

Sounds very appealing, I have to admit. But it's not L'eau. They smell similar at first (citrucy gardenia on me) and they remain close, but not identical till the dry down- because of the gardenia they have in common. But after a certain point they smell totally different (patchouli instead of musk here) Silage and longevity are approximately the same. Also the liquid now is light pink/peach instead of green.

on 8/31/2011 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this fragrance, I think it's the epitomy of summer: light, floral, citrus. However, as the other reviewers mentioned, does not last long but I don't really mind for a summer fragrance due to frequent showers and change of clothes. So I will definetely buy it again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was truly awful. The positive reviews boggle my mind. I was expecting something fresh and lightly floral ... this was a bizarre mix of vanilla w/ clean w/ floral w/ b.o! That's right B.O.! That was the main impression I got. There is some weird stink that this stuff gives off. I let my shopping companion smell it on my arm and she was repulsed!

on 3/26/2010 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Miss Dior Cherie L'eau is a fresh scent which is perfect for spring. I love it, it's very clean and cotton-y without being bland. The citrusy notes are perfectly balanced; not too overpowering but still there. My only complaint is the lack of staying power, this l'eau lasts five-six hours tops. If you are looking for an interesting spring scent fit for everyday life, the office etc. - go ahead and try it!

on 12/1/2009 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The bottle is so pretty. Thick, heavy square glass, fancy engraving on the bottom and a cute bow tie. I really love the bright strawberry fizziness in this. It smells like a combo of Fresh Sugar and Fresh Strawberry Flowers. It's a light scent, but it does remain on me all day....ever so lightly. There is patchouli in the dry down, but you don't really smell it, it only helps with the longevity (i think). If you like sweet citrus perfumes, slightly addicting aromas this would work for you. I love it so much I don't feel guilty about the money I spent for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is an astonishingly beautiful, gorgeous fragrance that has all the milky, soapy warmth of Narciso Rodriguez Musc oil, beneath a delicate smattering of pretty flowers. Very baby-skin, very sublime. This is one of the most delicious musk fragrances I have encountered. The gardenia is soft, and the orange is not too tart. The resounding impression left is of sweet, gentle kisses and creamy limbs.