Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

4.3

on 3/15/2012 10:40:00 AM

I was mooching around my local department store and decided to have a spritz of this, I had vague recollections of this scent being a bit on the strong side and a bit "oh no another generic slightly peachy perfume aimed at the young ones". And on first smell it lived up to what I had half-remembered and I moved on and got on with my day.
Of course I had only half-remembered because I hadn't clocked onto the fact that this was Miss Dior Cherie L'eau, and this delightful fragrance snuck up on me in a beautifully soft and yes a bit more peachy and fruity than I would normally go for way, but you know what? it is mid March, spring is in the air and this is a perfect nod to a warmer, sunnier season and I am going to purchase this.

on 3/2/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This little gem really isn't a complicated scent, just simple and beautiful like a plain white summer dress. But that's the beauty here. Sometimes ''less is more'' indeed.
Bitter orange combined with gardenia creates a clean, fresh perfume. Quite girly, like cool spring air... The musk provides more depth and sophistication.
Makes me think of sunny spring days, lifts my mood and it's very wearable.
I finder its bittersweet quality very awakening and refreshing, most fragrances out there seem to be too sweet (including the original Miss Dior Cherie)
The bottle is also classy and cute, can't get enough of this perfume!
My only complain is that it doesn't last long...

Update: Unfortunately Dior is discontinuing this one, at least in Europe,... It's replaced by ''Miss Dior Cherie Eau Fraiche'' according to the official website. They have similar structure but different notes. The new one contains bergamot, gardenia and patchouli instead of orange, gardenia and musk.
Today I bought an 100ml bottle as a backup.
Thank you Dior for taking my favorite summer fragrance away after only three years in the market! Such a shame!

Second update: I sampled Eau Fraiche today. According to Christan Dior official website ''Created by Franois Demachy, Miss Dior Eau Frache is a chic veil of freshness with a chypre signature underscored by the addition of Indonesian Patchouli.

A delicate blend of Calabrian Bergamot and vibrant Gardenia highlighted by fresh and luminous Indonesian Patchouli, Miss Dior Eau Fraiche is a sunny, springlike and eternally elegant scent.''

Sounds very appealing, I have to admit. But it's not L'eau. They smell similar at first (citrucy gardenia on me) and they remain close, but not identical till the dry down- because of the gardenia they have in common. But after a certain point they smell totally different (patchouli instead of musk here) Silage and longevity are approximately the same. Also the liquid now is light pink/peach instead of green.

on 1/26/2012 10:17:00 PM

I'm one of those people that detests the original Miss Dior Cherie. I'm very sensitive to scents, so a perfume must not only be pleasant to me but also subtle. Miss Dior Cherie seemed too bitter and old-smelling (not like old ladies but more like musky dust on my skin), so it was definitely not the girly-fresh scent it tries to present itself as in the lovely commercials. Not on my skin, at least. Miss Dior Cherie L'EAU, on the other hand, is just that. Fresh, girly, and very subtle. I'd describe this as a green, floral, citrusy-scent. I definitely smell a bit of orange and gardenia in it. There are just some perfumes you instantly connect with, and this is one of them for me.Yes, it doesn't last long, and for $85, that's just unacceptable. I took a lippie off for that reason alone. However, I adore the scent and it's one of the very few that I can tolerate. For some reason, this smells heavenly on my skin and dries down very pleasantly.

All in all, this perfume is perfect for the springtime and the bottle is just so very pretty. Definitely HG perfume for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is lovely! But I was expecting more. Dont get me wrong, I like it. But when I got a sample I fell totally in love with it, so a soon as I could I bought the big bottle. And, well, its still great but I guess I love the opening and not so much the drydown. I find it citrus (orange) and fresh, femenine but not too girly. Its sweet but I guess its not as sexy or as femenine or as complicated as I like them. On the other hand, a litlle goes a long way because the staying power is quite good. I use 6 spritz and usually it lasts the whole day (I have 8 am to 1 am days). I also love the cute bottle with the bow. I guess I love the bottle more than I love the scent. I wouldnt repurchase because Im always searching for new fragances but I recommend it for the summer :)

This smells AMAZING. Perfect. And I hate most perfumes! However, it lasted maybe an hour. NOT COOL for the price. Dior, you better step this thang up.

on 8/27/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's LOVE.
I would not have bought this for myself at the price but I'm so glad I got it as a birthday present!
I think this fragrance manages to be both girly and womanly, flowery with a hint of freshness and a bit of a special touch. That's the best way I can describe it. ;) It makes me feel female and somewhat luxurious.
It also stays on pretty well, even though it's an Eau de Toilette, not Eau de Parfum.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

it's really not my usual type of fragrance but i wanted something light for the summer and i actually love wearing this one. Citrucy but not sharp cleaning-product-like but fresh and nice with a bit of warmer undertones. The staying-power though, not so good. BTW, i hate miss dior cherie, it's awful and this one is nothing like it.

on 4/25/2011 9:42:00 PM

Love this fragrance, so lovely and ladylike, pure class. I do find it rather expensive though, at least the bottle is refillable.

on 10/21/2010 7:02:00 PM

I fell in love with this fragrance while shopping. I had forgotten that Dior made this a permanent fragrance due to its popularity. I am currently wearing it right now, one spritz on my wrist about 5 hours ago. I can still smell it and I don't understand why people complain that it fades...As the fragrance dried down, I noticed that I've smelled this particular scent before and then went through my perfume stash. It smells very very similar to Bvlgari Omnia Amethyst. The Miss Dior L'eau is a bit different in that there is less sparkle? on initial contact. Additionally, I find that this fragrance lasts much longer on me then Bvlgari.

On application of Miss Dior Cherie L'eau, my first thought was "WOW...SWEET!", the caramel perhaps, along with the bitter orange. I can immediatley detect the gardenia, which is quite pleasant when mixed with the slightly spicy aroma of the bitter orange as well as the aroma of violets. It's the slight spiciness which separates this fragrance from the slew of generic nice white florals currently permeating the market. I detect the sheer pleasing white musk base shortly after application.

This is a scent made for younger women, yet it's accomplished enough to be worn by a woman of any age. It's got decent sillage yet it's unoffensive and could be worn to work or for almost any occasion. It's a very versatile scent which can be worn with anything from casual wear to formal wear.

Overall I can recommend Miss Dior Cherie L'eau for any woman of any age for any occasion. Perfect.

More on Miss Dior Cherie L'eau:

Miss Dior Cherie l'Eau

Miss Dior Cherie l'Eau Perfume for Women by Dior
Franois Demachy, head perfumer at Dior at the moment, gave a dazzling spring-like fresh spin to the sweet standby Miss Dior Cherie for the warmer season and gave us a sparkling and distinctive floral scent blended with notes of tangy yet spicy bitter orange on top, gardenia and white musk that aims to sum up the certain 'je ne sais quoi' of the ultimate French girl. Its modern translucence and its lightly dewy feeling make for a refreshing take on green florals, in which lily of the valley and a budding, green gardenia dominate. A very soft, powdery dry-down, fluffy like an air-spun macaroon with green filling, completes the imagery of a young and well-bred Bardot, pouting in mischief.

Notes
Fruity notes, Caramel, Floral Notes, Gardenia, White Musk, dry woods, Bigarade Orange, Patchouli.

THE GARDENIA Miss Dior Cherie Leau by Dior is a sparkling, simple mix of gardenia with jasmine, violet and strawberry leaves

Popular Fragrances