Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

On application of Miss Dior Cherie L'eau, my first thought was "WOW...SWEET!", the caramel perhaps, along with the bitter orange. I can immediatley detect the gardenia, which is quite pleasant when mixed with the slightly spicy aroma of the bitter orange as well as the aroma of violets. It's the slight spiciness which separates this fragrance from the slew of generic nice white florals currently permeating the market. I detect the sheer pleasing white musk base shortly after application.

This is a scent made for younger women, yet it's accomplished enough to be worn by a woman of any age. It's got decent sillage yet it's unoffensive and could be worn to work or for almost any occasion. It's a very versatile scent which can be worn with anything from casual wear to formal wear.

Overall I can recommend Miss Dior Cherie L'eau for any woman of any age for any occasion. Perfect.

More on Miss Dior Cherie L'eau:

Miss Dior Cherie l'Eau

Miss Dior Cherie l'Eau Perfume for Women by Dior
Franois Demachy, head perfumer at Dior at the moment, gave a dazzling spring-like fresh spin to the sweet standby Miss Dior Cherie for the warmer season and gave us a sparkling and distinctive floral scent blended with notes of tangy yet spicy bitter orange on top, gardenia and white musk that aims to sum up the certain 'je ne sais quoi' of the ultimate French girl. Its modern translucence and its lightly dewy feeling make for a refreshing take on green florals, in which lily of the valley and a budding, green gardenia dominate. A very soft, powdery dry-down, fluffy like an air-spun macaroon with green filling, completes the imagery of a young and well-bred Bardot, pouting in mischief.

Notes
Fruity notes, Caramel, Floral Notes, Gardenia, White Musk, dry woods, Bigarade Orange, Patchouli.

THE GARDENIA Miss Dior Cherie Leau by Dior is a sparkling, simple mix of gardenia with jasmine, violet and strawberry leaves

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is an astonishingly beautiful, gorgeous fragrance that has all the milky, soapy warmth of Narciso Rodriguez Musc oil, beneath a delicate smattering of pretty flowers. Very baby-skin, very sublime. This is one of the most delicious musk fragrances I have encountered. The gardenia is soft, and the orange is not too tart. The resounding impression left is of sweet, gentle kisses and creamy limbs.

on 5/1/2009 5:48:00 PM

It's hard to describe what this smells like. First, it smells nothing like the original Miss Dior Cherie. I couldn't stand the original, it just seemed to suck all the air out of the room for me! This new version seems like it would be considered slightly green and/or aquatic - certainly a "springish" type of fragrance. I don't usually like green or aquatic notes, but the lovely drydown of Miss Dior Cherie L'eau has me wanting to suffer through the initial spritz. The drydown is fresh (but not soapy) and sweetly warm (but not cloying). I wish it didn't stay so close to the skin, but the fact that it does makes it a great scent for a date. :)

The bottle is nice looking, similar to the original Miss Dior Cherie, but I've found that I have trouble getting the lid to stay on. In addition, when I spray this sometimes it leaks from the top and gets on my hands. I like this fragrance so much that I can overlook both of these things, but I can't imagine how I would travel with this bottle!

I've had some difficulty finding out the actual notes of this fragrance. The most accurate description I've seen so far is a top note of orange essence, middle note of gardenia accord and a base of white musks, though I can't say I would've guessed correctly at any of those. Whatever it is, it's close to perfect for me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I was pleasantly surprised by MISS DIOR CHERIE LEAU; Ive tested Miss Dior Cherie quite a few times, but Im still not keen on it.
Nut LEAU is totally different to the original and, in my opinion, should have been released under a new name, instead of as a flanker.

MISS DIOR CHERIE LEAU opens with a sharp citrus vibe, centering on bitter orange, to give the fragrance a fresh, icy jolt of energy.
The floral heart is very fresh and green. The gardenia is the note that stands out the most, and to me it seems quite watery. Im not a huge fan of floral fragrances; I find them too overpowering and strong, so I love the way the floral mingles with the citrus.
I like the white musk base too. Its uncomplicated and clean. Perfect for when Im wearing jeans and a tee, but want to feel put together but not all girlie.

MISS DIOR CHERIE LEAU was designed to be airy and light for summer, and while it would indeed be perfect for hotter weather, I like the icy jolt I get by wearing in the cool autumn mornings. The effect reminds me of J.Los Live Platinum.

Ive found the lasting power to be good; it goes close to the skin. The bottle is the same as Miss Dior Cherie, cute, but I think its a miss-match as the fragrance is more grown up then the original.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love Miss Dior Cherie L'eau. It's an entirely different scent compared to the original MDC. The L'eau features notes of gardenia, orange bigarade and white musk. On me, it smells like white musk and orange blossom. Very pretty. The lasting power is fantastic as well. One spritz on each wrist, one or two on my neck before work in the morning, and I can still smell it at the end of the day. The original MDC is my favorite fragrance (L'eau now probably coming in at #2), but if the original is too sweet or fruity for you I'd still recommend trying L'eau, as it's lighter and more floral.

on 3/2/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This little gem really isn't a complicated scent, just simple and beautiful like a plain white summer dress. But that's the beauty here. Sometimes ''less is more'' indeed.
Bitter orange combined with gardenia creates a clean, fresh perfume. Quite girly, like cool spring air... The musk provides more depth and sophistication.
Makes me think of sunny spring days, lifts my mood and it's very wearable.
I finder its bittersweet quality very awakening and refreshing, most fragrances out there seem to be too sweet (including the original Miss Dior Cherie)
The bottle is also classy and cute, can't get enough of this perfume!
My only complain is that it doesn't last long...

Update: Unfortunately Dior is discontinuing this one, at least in Europe,... It's replaced by ''Miss Dior Cherie Eau Fraiche'' according to the official website. They have similar structure but different notes. The new one contains bergamot, gardenia and patchouli instead of orange, gardenia and musk.
Today I bought an 100ml bottle as a backup.
Thank you Dior for taking my favorite summer fragrance away after only three years in the market! Such a shame!

Second update: I sampled Eau Fraiche today. According to Christan Dior official website ''Created by Franois Demachy, Miss Dior Eau Frache is a chic veil of freshness with a chypre signature underscored by the addition of Indonesian Patchouli.

A delicate blend of Calabrian Bergamot and vibrant Gardenia highlighted by fresh and luminous Indonesian Patchouli, Miss Dior Eau Fraiche is a sunny, springlike and eternally elegant scent.''

Sounds very appealing, I have to admit. But it's not L'eau. They smell similar at first (citrucy gardenia on me) and they remain close, but not identical till the dry down- because of the gardenia they have in common. But after a certain point they smell totally different (patchouli instead of musk here) Silage and longevity are approximately the same. Also the liquid now is light pink/peach instead of green.

on 10/21/2010 7:02:00 PM

I fell in love with this fragrance while shopping. I had forgotten that Dior made this a permanent fragrance due to its popularity. I am currently wearing it right now, one spritz on my wrist about 5 hours ago. I can still smell it and I don't understand why people complain that it fades...As the fragrance dried down, I noticed that I've smelled this particular scent before and then went through my perfume stash. It smells very very similar to Bvlgari Omnia Amethyst. The Miss Dior L'eau is a bit different in that there is less sparkle? on initial contact. Additionally, I find that this fragrance lasts much longer on me then Bvlgari.

on 4/3/2010 2:18:00 PM

This is one of my favorite scents. I don't find it sweet, mind. To me it smells crisp and fresh. Not the typical orangy/lemony summer frag. Funny thing, though. On my skin this one and Kenzo Amour Florale (the new one in the white bottle) smell IDENTICAL. I tried both at Sephora and asked the SA girl what she thought w/o telling her they were different and she thought it was the same scent. So I asked her for a sample of each. I tried one on each wrist for three days and the result was the same: twin scents. Oh, and the Kenzo has more lasting power.

Good. Then I'll buy Kenzo's since it's much cheaper than Dior's. ;)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When Miss Dior Cherie L'eau came out, I fell in love with it and bought it. Now I wish I hadn't. It's a nice fresh scent but it doesn't last. It's a good fragrance for spring/summer though, I just wish it lasted longer. Kind of reminds me of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche.

SO this is my go to scent this year. I smelled it first at sephora and I fell in love... *I bought the 100ml bottle... which btw is so CUTE with the little bow*!
anyways.... I found that its lighter and fresher in comparison to the miss cherie original. I also found it less overpowering and wearable to work/dinner/play. although I think it doesn't last very long - approx 5-6 hrs, but it could just me becoming more used to the scent.
In conclusion, if this came out in a pocket size, I would definitely buy it again =)

Popular Fragrances