Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What a disappointment. I purchased MDC L'eau in Spain because the SA said it was a Euro exclusive and I had never seen it here in the U.S. I got suckered in and paid over $80 (translated from Euros) for a 1.7 oz bottle. I could've gotten the 3.4 oz here in the U.S for that price. Anyway, while I love the scent (I totally suck at describing scents but it smells a tiny bit like the original Miss Dior Cherie which I am on my second bottle of but a bit more mysterious--I guess I mean to say that it's not as sweet smelling as the original) it just doesn't last on. It's an Eau de Toilette which I didn't notice until after I had gotten back to the U.S. The U.S version is the same though. If they had only made this an Eau de Parfum like the original MDC then this would've been perfect. I have to spray this on like 4 times a day to get this to last. It's just a pain in the butt and not worth it in the end. The bottle's still cute though--same as MDC but taller instead of wider and it has a sheer white bow on it where as the original MDC has the silver. It's really a shame...I really like L'eau's scent more than the original.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I fell in love with the eau de parfum when it was first launched, it is rare that I find a fragrance I truly like and wear on several occassions. This has been one of them. I switched to the lighter version (better for warmer days). Also good for the migraine sufferer. It smells just a tiny bit fresher and lacks the sweetness of the edp, but I do get on with this one. Going to get a bigger bottle.

on 4/15/2009 8:54:00 PM

An exact replica of Bulgari's Omnia Amethyste down to the poor lasting power.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love Miss Dior Cherie L'eau. It's an entirely different scent compared to the original MDC. The L'eau features notes of gardenia, orange bigarade and white musk. On me, it smells like white musk and orange blossom. Very pretty. The lasting power is fantastic as well. One spritz on each wrist, one or two on my neck before work in the morning, and I can still smell it at the end of the day. The original MDC is my favorite fragrance (L'eau now probably coming in at #2), but if the original is too sweet or fruity for you I'd still recommend trying L'eau, as it's lighter and more floral.

on 5/1/2009 5:48:00 PM

It's hard to describe what this smells like. First, it smells nothing like the original Miss Dior Cherie. I couldn't stand the original, it just seemed to suck all the air out of the room for me! This new version seems like it would be considered slightly green and/or aquatic - certainly a "springish" type of fragrance. I don't usually like green or aquatic notes, but the lovely drydown of Miss Dior Cherie L'eau has me wanting to suffer through the initial spritz. The drydown is fresh (but not soapy) and sweetly warm (but not cloying). I wish it didn't stay so close to the skin, but the fact that it does makes it a great scent for a date. :)

The bottle is nice looking, similar to the original Miss Dior Cherie, but I've found that I have trouble getting the lid to stay on. In addition, when I spray this sometimes it leaks from the top and gets on my hands. I like this fragrance so much that I can overlook both of these things, but I can't imagine how I would travel with this bottle!

I've had some difficulty finding out the actual notes of this fragrance. The most accurate description I've seen so far is a top note of orange essence, middle note of gardenia accord and a base of white musks, though I can't say I would've guessed correctly at any of those. Whatever it is, it's close to perfect for me!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When Miss Dior Cherie L'eau came out, I fell in love with it and bought it. Now I wish I hadn't. It's a nice fresh scent but it doesn't last. It's a good fragrance for spring/summer though, I just wish it lasted longer. Kind of reminds me of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is an astonishingly beautiful, gorgeous fragrance that has all the milky, soapy warmth of Narciso Rodriguez Musc oil, beneath a delicate smattering of pretty flowers. Very baby-skin, very sublime. This is one of the most delicious musk fragrances I have encountered. The gardenia is soft, and the orange is not too tart. The resounding impression left is of sweet, gentle kisses and creamy limbs.

on 6/1/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Fresh, green fragrance with no resemblance to Miss Dior or Miss Dior Cherie. Opens with citrus then turns into a leafy green and white floral fragrance. Too fresh for my tastes as I smell some antiseptic cleaner notes. Lasts about 1 hour.

on 6/2/2009 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this last week and liked the fragrance, but it lasts an hour, tops. When spending $100 for a fragrance, I expect it to last longer than an hour. I returned it. Very disappointed with it.

on 8/14/2009 1:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Yes I know this a light fragrance and it doesn't last as much as other scent do but I think that the scent makes it worth it. I think the point of this scent is that it is light and is meant to leave a lingering scent on your skin afterwards. I apply this after a shower and I notice that the scent lingers on my skin a long time afterwards this way. I just adore this scent and think that you just have to be ok with re-applying.