4.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

just for the record, I have the Dollar General Medicated Apricot scrub but i just checked- it has the exact same ingredients as Equate [and I was at Dollar General, not Walmart, lol] So, this does a REALLY good job as far as exfoliating, which i really really like for daily use. i feel like creams often just sit on my face and then i wipe it off, but with this i really work the beads into my skin. it kind of hurts rubbing in, but that's because it's getting all the dead skin cells off! my skin has been super clear, i use it every morning. i have combination skin, but it dries out super easily. this keeps my skin nice and happy:) MAJOR annoyance- it takes me a good minute or two to get all of this off. a lot of the time i end up with beads still on my face and then when i put moisturizer on it mixes with it and that's so annoying. be sure to get ALL the beads off- rinse well. if you don't like to spend the time, don't buy this. but actually, spending more time rinsing my face with cold water really wakes me up. I would reuse this product for the great exfoliation.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

7 years ago

I love this stuff. I've tried the St. Ives scrub, but it wasn't memorable to me. I like this one a lot more. I bought it with salicylic acid because I do tend to get acne. Since I have started using this, I don't have any acne. It makes my skin feel so soft and it looks brighter. My skin looks so much more radiant and clean. USE A MOISTURIZER! Do not exfoliate every day. It's common knowledge that you are only supposed to exfoliate like 1-2 times a week...but if you can get away with it, then whatever works for you. I also use Almay's blemish controlling foundation with salicylic acid, and that helps too.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

What a find this scrub is. It's nice when you come across something that works so well and costs so little, especially when you use it every day. I like to exfoliate thoroughly, and this does the job wonderfully. In fact, if you press too hard or go too long you could end up with temporarily raw skin. I don't ever put my foundation on without using this first. It sloughs off all of the bad stuff and smooths everything out, paving the way for my foundation to apply much better than it did before I found this. Now, of course it doesn't leave my skin perfect, but it makes it a lot better, even if my skin is in not-so-good shape at the time. Here are the main points: -it doesn't make me break out -it makes my makeup look better -it makes my makeup apply better -it sloughs away the stuff I don't want and smooths my skin out, exactly what a scrub should do -I love that it costs just a few bucks--I get mine from wal-mart. Other people must love it, too, because a couple times that I've gone to get it it's been gone. I use this in conjunction with acne.org cleanser, and it's a regimen that really works well for me.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

About reviewer (49 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

Pros: cheaper Cons: doesn't smell as good as st. ives i actually prefer this to st. ives, because it has more scrubbing beads in it

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

9 years ago

I love this scrub! It's medicated, smells good to me (herbal, eucalyptus-like) and seems to clear up my skin. I use it about every other day in the shower and will definitely re-buy. It helps that it is about 1/2 the price of the st. ives version!

About reviewer (117 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

PROS: Probably works well for some, especially those who like the St. Ives version of this. Very inexpensive. (Found at Walmart.) CONS: Too harsh for a face wash for my oily/combo skin. Doesn't smell quite as good as the St. Ives version, but it's okay. ALTERNATES: This is a great dupe for St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

Great exfoliator and salicylic acid helps with acne. No need to pay more for a brand name product -- this does the job.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

10 years ago

This product made my face soooo smooth. i love it

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I purchased this at Walmart because it was approx $1.00 less then my usual HG St. Ives scrub. Honestly I can't tell the difference in texture, performance, or results. The only difference I have noticed is the smell with St. Ives having a slightly more appealing fruit scent, but I can live with it.

About reviewer (1341 reviews)

Age30-35