New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Powder
Smooth Skin Loose PowderSmooth Skin Loose PowderNYC Smooth Skin PowderSmooth Skin Loose Powder

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Silicate, Kaolin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract. May also contain : Mica, Iron Oxides, CI 77491, CI 77492 Says on the package: Oil free and non comodogenic

on 8/29/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very finely milled. Easy to blend. Undetectable on the skin. Matte finish. Good oil control, yet non drying. Good color match. Fragrance free. Repurchasing for sure.

on 8/8/2017 11:48:00 AM

I have combination-oily skin (oily T-zone) and spend most of my days in an AC controlled indoor environment. I bought it after reading reviews here but it under-performed for me. It looked/felt like flour instead of a finely milled, silky makeup powder but did not have a fragrance.

The products doesn't control oil (it doesn't claim to) and my face becomes extra oily after just an hour of application. It definitely did not keep me matte. The powder would clump, cling, melt, and break up my foundation very easily - even the foundations that have worked for me before. It seems like not powdering > powdering with this product. Touching up my makeup throughout the day with this product would be a terrible idea. I would look cakey (especially in my T zone) and the container is not travel friendly. I also felt like my face would be very dry if I used it for baking. It seems to have blurring effect on the face so my face does look "smoother". It doesn't leave a white cast but is able to to 'whiten/brighten' my face.

The packaging is absolutely terrible and reviews here have mentioned that (keeping in mind of the low price tag). The lid just sits on top of the container (slides on, not screw on or anything) and opening the lid would often have product flying out. I'm convinced half the product ended up on my shirt, my counter top, and the floor. The container is made up of light, thin plastic. It came with a sponge that I did not use. While the weight is good for travel, the packaging is not. (Also the words on the lid scratched off really easily on my container). Had this product worked for me, I would not have minded paying extra for better packaging.

Overall, cons outweighed the pros. This product is a very classic case of getting what I paid for - low quality powder, and non user-friendly packaging. I would not purchase it again despite the low price point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Leaves me shiny and makes a huge mess of my bathroom. I would not repurchase

on 9/4/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic! I have the translucent powder and it works brilliantly. Doesn't leave a white cast over my face, sets my foundation and concealer and doesn't make the concealer crease under my eyes. Best thing is it's only about NZ$5 online, much better than paying $20+ for translucent powder in the shops here. Packaging could be better, the lid slides off so theres a bit of fallout each time I open it and not very good for travelling as it is also quite bulky, but overall a great powder.

Purchased at Target
Price: $3.99 plus tax

Full disclosure - this is the first loose powder I have purchased, with the exception of BareMinerals Original Foundation.

This has been a brutal summer and my Rimmel Stay Matte powder was not cutting it anymore. Appalachian humidity, with a heat index of up to 120, was too much. I haven't been wearing liquid foundation because of that, but I do wear concealer under my eyes, on blemishes and top with powder in those places this time of year. I know NYC is often under rated, but that many people have loved this powder. So I picked it up and hoped for the best. And I think I am converted from pressed to loose powder for good. As I said this is the first loose powder I've had in some time, but I like the way it looks on my skin than the last several setting powder or powder foundations I've had. It does a good job at mattifying my oily skin. Nothing can keep it matte all day, but I this does very well for the price. And it is out performing my stay matte. I use the sponge it came with (for convenience sake). I peeled back the sticker over the sifter so that 4 or 5 holes are uncovered and keep the sponge over that. When I am ready to apply, I will give the container a quick flip upside down and back. The sponge collects some powder and I will pat that across my face until it is blended in. It blends in nicely without looking patchy or cakey. Sometimes I will apply this twice in one day, depending on how much time I'm spending outside. I've been a dedicated press powder user (for portability and convenience), but I'm open to trying more loose powders now.

better than high end powders. i love the packaging, so easy to use and it keeps my concealer from creasing! love love

on 2/23/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this for setting my undereyes! I get such bad creasing and crepey undereyes from a lot of powders, but this one is perfect. I bake with this too but for setting my foundation I prefer city air spun for a more matte look, if I'm going for glowy I'll set with this. It's lovely and cheap. I'm glad I stumbled across this and I highly recommend for ladies who are having a hard time looking for an inexpensive undereye setting powder.

on 3/21/2016 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I first purchased this powder on Jessica's (jambeauty89 on YouTube) recommendation. It was around $3 at Target. I use a setting powder daily, and I have used all sorts - Rimmel Stay Matte, Coty Airspun, Ben Nye Neutral Set, Chanel, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Clinique, etc. This powder is an excellent choice for the price, and compares favorably with any others I have used. So much in fact, that I've already repurchased it at least once. Just to be clear, the packaging sucks. It's a clear plastic container with a lid that just sort of "sits" on top, doesn't screw or latch, and isn't secure. If you're just going to store this upright on a vanity or in a tray/drawer, it's fine, but if you plan to put it in a makeup bag or anywhere else, the lid isn't going to stay on. You will need to either rubber band this, or transfer it into another container. I transferred mine into an empty Bare Minerals jar for travel. I am NW15 and I bought this powder in translucent, and it works perfectly for my fair skin. The powder itself is finely milled, silky, and contains a lot of ingredients found in higher-end products. This isn't a heavy, full-on matte powder, like Coty Airspun (which I also love). This is more of a "natural" feel powder, reminiscent of BM Mineral Veil, or the old "Cornsilk" brand powder. It gives a nice demi-matte natural finish, no heavy fragrance, and I find that it sets my makeup and lasts for a few hours before I need to touch up. Honestly, I feel like this is one of those beauty staple "workhorse" type products that everyone should try. I have already repurchased once and I will definitely continue to do so.

Eyes: Violet

Amazing powder. skin is so smooth after setting. Only complaint is you cant travel with it. Good investment! this powder lasts you at least 6-8 months with daily use.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first face powder I've tried as an amateur of face powders, so don't take my word for it. I have the translucent one, and honestly it's my favorite so far. I have tried another face powder (Airspun Loose Face Powder), and it did NOT look good on me for the week that I have tried it. When I switched back to this powder, my makeup looked so FAB and BRILL so I will be buying this again once I run out.

Don't use too much of this though, the translucent one can make you look like a ghost (Found this out while taking my makeup to the next level).