New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Powder

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Silicate, Kaolin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract. May also contain : Mica, Iron Oxides, CI 77491, CI 77492 Says on the package: Oil free and non comodogenic

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Purchased at Target
Price: $3.99 plus tax

Full disclosure - this is the first loose powder I have purchased, with the exception of BareMinerals Original Foundation.

This has been a brutal summer and my Rimmel Stay Matte powder was not cutting it anymore. Appalachian humidity, with a heat index of up to 120, was too much. I haven't been wearing liquid foundation because of that, but I do wear concealer under my eyes, on blemishes and top with powder in those places this time of year. I know NYC is often under rated, but that many people have loved this powder. So I picked it up and hoped for the best. And I think I am converted from pressed to loose powder for good. As I said this is the first loose powder I've had in some time, but I like the way it looks on my skin than the last several setting powder or powder foundations I've had. It does a good job at mattifying my oily skin. Nothing can keep it matte all day, but I this does very well for the price. And it is out performing my stay matte. I use the sponge it came with (for convenience sake). I peeled back the sticker over the sifter so that 4 or 5 holes are uncovered and keep the sponge over that. When I am ready to apply, I will give the container a quick flip upside down and back. The sponge collects some powder and I will pat that across my face until it is blended in. It blends in nicely without looking patchy or cakey. Sometimes I will apply this twice in one day, depending on how much time I'm spending outside. I've been a dedicated press powder user (for portability and convenience), but I'm open to trying more loose powders now.

Eyes: Violet

Amazing powder. skin is so smooth after setting. Only complaint is you cant travel with it. Good investment! this powder lasts you at least 6-8 months with daily use.

To Read all 68 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/21/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I first purchased this powder on Jessica's (jambeauty89 on YouTube) recommendation. It was around $3 at Target. I use a setting powder daily, and I have used all sorts - Rimmel Stay Matte, Coty Airspun, Ben Nye Neutral Set, Chanel, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Clinique, etc. This powder is an excellent choice for the price, and compares favorably with any others I have used. So much in fact, that I've already repurchased it at least once. Just to be clear, the packaging sucks. It's a clear plastic container with a lid that just sort of "sits" on top, doesn't screw or latch, and isn't secure. If you're just going to store this upright on a vanity or in a tray/drawer, it's fine, but if you plan to put it in a makeup bag or anywhere else, the lid isn't going to stay on. You will need to either rubber band this, or transfer it into another container. I transferred mine into an empty Bare Minerals jar for travel. I am NW15 and I bought this powder in translucent, and it works perfectly for my fair skin. The powder itself is finely milled, silky, and contains a lot of ingredients found in higher-end products. This isn't a heavy, full-on matte powder, like Coty Airspun (which I also love). This is more of a "natural" feel powder, reminiscent of BM Mineral Veil, or the old "Cornsilk" brand powder. It gives a nice demi-matte natural finish, no heavy fragrance, and I find that it sets my makeup and lasts for a few hours before I need to touch up. Honestly, I feel like this is one of those beauty staple "workhorse" type products that everyone should try. I have already repurchased once and I will definitely continue to do so.

on 2/23/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this for setting my undereyes! I get such bad creasing and crepey undereyes from a lot of powders, but this one is perfect. I bake with this too but for setting my foundation I prefer city air spun for a more matte look, if I'm going for glowy I'll set with this. It's lovely and cheap. I'm glad I stumbled across this and I highly recommend for ladies who are having a hard time looking for an inexpensive undereye setting powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first face powder I've tried as an amateur of face powders, so don't take my word for it. I have the translucent one, and honestly it's my favorite so far. I have tried another face powder (Airspun Loose Face Powder), and it did NOT look good on me for the week that I have tried it. When I switched back to this powder, my makeup looked so FAB and BRILL so I will be buying this again once I run out.

Don't use too much of this though, the translucent one can make you look like a ghost (Found this out while taking my makeup to the next level).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Can be compare to the BM original veil

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Works well for setting makeup, also if I wear foundation that is slightly too dark for me, I can use the lightest shade of this powder so my makeup matches my skin tone. The only problem for me is that the lid of the packaging can fall off easily so some of the product can spill out. Is cheap and lasts a while too, will definitely buy again.

Gives me a Matt finish yet it doesn't cling to dry patches like other powders and it is good for controlling what little oil I get in my T zone . It also sets my makeup so that its not transferable which is one of the main things I look in a powder . For the price and quality it blows me out of the water and even though the packaging sucks honestly for under 5 $ and for such an amazing product it is totally worth it . A staple HG in my makeup bag :)

on 1/19/2015 11:33:00 AM

This is my holy grail powder! This is the first and only loose powder I have used and trust me it is brilliant! I use this to set my make up to give it a matte finish and sometimes if I apply a bit too much cream blush I use it to fade the colour and give it a more natural look. The price is unbeatable, you should definitely go out and buy this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a really good face powder for the price. It keeps me matte throughout the day and is amazing at setting my makeup. So far, so good. It gives me a flawless finish and I love it. I took off one lippie for (yes you guessed it) the packaging. It doesn't bother me much, but if you're not careful you can waste a lot of product.