Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.8

on 10/12/2018 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is my first setting powder ever because I never really wore face make up except for mascara and brows. This set my foundation really well, and the packaging is really pretty, actually.The product works well and I like that it makes my pores look much smaller--the new "glow" version of it sucks. It got real cakey real fast. But this one honestly is really great. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Broke me out in tiny itchy bumps from one use. I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. I think my skin hates most of the products with talc. Maybe you want to stay away from this if we share the same skin type.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I would buy this over and over, above any other powder. It's worth the price. This makes my makeup look amazing and flawless all day, even when I've been sweating!! I use a dry beauty blender to push this into my skin. And, my skin looks like silk up close and feels so soft. I highly recommend this to any skin type, but if you have flakes I would exfoliate before hand. Definitely worth the price tag to have flawless makeup all day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this setting powder for years. Love it, keeps me matte all day, allows my foundation and concealer to stay locked in place on my oily skin. Pairs beautifully with a setting spray. The only downside is you do not get much product. Would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Comparable to the Kat von d lock-it setting powder. Love the fine texture makes my under eye look smooth and allows my contour to not go on patchy. However it does have some flashback.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally got this and was shocked on how disappointed I am with this. This is a cheap powder in a fancy package. I have very oily skin so I am very particular in face powders as I constantly rely on them. I just got an awful finish with this powder. It goes on way too matte and powdery even when using a tiny bit. But say in an hour, my face is oily all over again! Repeat, repeat and repeat. So basically with this powder, I was either cake face or Crisco face. In my opinion (and I know this has a big cult following), I just don't see the hype. Maybe if you have normal skin and you are using this as just a setting powder, it would be fine.

Better powder options for a lot less money: Coty Air Spun, ELF HD pressed and loose powder and Revlon Color Stay translucent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Heed my warning readers, or else you will suffer as I once did...

Be careful when you use this. If you have dry skin stay away. If you are on acne medication, stay. Away. Stay far away. Like, run in the opposite direction when you see this on the display at Sephora, that's how much I mean stay away. It'll make you look so weird and dry.

Also, if you use a high coverage foundation that promises to last all day, stay away unless your face is crazy oily.

For baking purposes, I would say that this is a little too drying for that to be honest, unless you use a light layer and use a damp beauty blender to press it into the skin. For prolonging foundation longevity, it works well to give you a few more hours in my experience.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wish I had bought the smaller tub of this before I bought the full size. While I do think this is a great powder, I think that people with clog-prone, acneic skin should approach cautiously.

I have friends that have no issue with this breaking them out-- I guess I'm one of the unlucky few that got clogged pore bumps all over my cheeks from using this. I didn't realize it was this powder until I stopped using it completely, but it took me about a month to finally extract all of those clogged pores out. I used this powder all over my t-zone and used it to "bake" under my eyes and it did a fantastic job and left me with a lovely finish, though I don't think it made my makeup last any longer than my other loose powders.

I will say, however, that I like the packaging. Unlike some loose powders, that puff of powdery smoke doesn't come up when you open the lid and I find that it dispenses the right amount of powder into the tub without spilling everywhere. The plastic also feels sturdy and secure--not like some other powders where if I drop it, I fear the cap will come off and it'll explode everywhere.

I'll probably give this away to a friend or keep it to use on family members when I do their makeup. For now, I will always and will continue to use Coty Airspun powder to bake, set my undereyes, and set my face. If you had a problem with this powder, I find Coty Airspun is a great alternative for a fraction of the price.

on 9/22/2016 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The packaging isn't as luxury as I would like it to be when paying a large amount but the product itself is all kinds of amazing!! This is definitely worth all the hype it gets and it's so silky and seemless on your skin, works amazing on my skin to set and bake. This powder is a dream and worth every penny

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. The powder created a scale-like effect when applied. I used it to set my NARS radiant creamy concealer and it made my skin look like a reptile!

I tried using more and less product, but it always had the same result. Especially for the price, the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder is not worth it for me. I bought the 0.33 oz travel size for $23. That's about $69 an oz!

on 8/2/2016 10:56:00 PM

First things first, I absolutely loooove this powder. After swearing by the Chanel loose powder for years, I thought i'd try something different out and I am thoroughly happy. I love the packaging, it looks sleek and pretty and also contains A LOT of powder so you're definitely getting your moneys worth. The feel of it on the skin is like powdered silk - my skin always feels so soft after using it and I find it doesn't 'cake' my face up. I like to either use this to bake or just set my entire face and it does its job and after wearing it for a full day in the sun, I did not need to re-apply. Would definitely recommend this!