Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

3.9

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this setting powder for years. Love it, keeps me matte all day, allows my foundation and concealer to stay locked in place on my oily skin. Pairs beautifully with a setting spray. The only downside is you do not get much product. Would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Comparable to the Kat von d lock-it setting powder. Love the fine texture makes my under eye look smooth and allows my contour to not go on patchy. However it does have some flashback.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally got this and was shocked on how disappointed I am with this. This is a cheap powder in a fancy package. I have very oily skin so I am very particular in face powders as I constantly rely on them. I just got an awful finish with this powder. It goes on way too matte and powdery even when using a tiny bit. But say in an hour, my face is oily all over again! Repeat, repeat and repeat. So basically with this powder, I was either cake face or Crisco face. In my opinion (and I know this has a big cult following), I just don't see the hype. Maybe if you have normal skin and you are using this as just a setting powder, it would be fine.

Better powder options for a lot less money: Coty Air Spun, ELF HD pressed and loose powder and Revlon Color Stay translucent.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the most magical item I have ever put on my face. Somehow, this manages to set my makeup to a beautiful matte finish, and have it stay that way all day long. It makes my makeup bulletproof to heat and sweat so amazingly well. And best of all, it looks absolutely beautiful in photos. I love the slight tint to it as it helps brighten my skin even further. For application, I use my leftover damp beauty blender from foundation, and dip it into this a few times and press it into the areas I want set (not baking, just pressing the product in till it disappears).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wish I had bought the smaller tub of this before I bought the full size. While I do think this is a great powder, I think that people with clog-prone, acneic skin should approach cautiously.

I have friends that have no issue with this breaking them out-- I guess I'm one of the unlucky few that got clogged pore bumps all over my cheeks from using this. I didn't realize it was this powder until I stopped using it completely, but it took me about a month to finally extract all of those clogged pores out. I used this powder all over my t-zone and used it to "bake" under my eyes and it did a fantastic job and left me with a lovely finish, though I don't think it made my makeup last any longer than my other loose powders.

I will say, however, that I like the packaging. Unlike some loose powders, that puff of powdery smoke doesn't come up when you open the lid and I find that it dispenses the right amount of powder into the tub without spilling everywhere. The plastic also feels sturdy and secure--not like some other powders where if I drop it, I fear the cap will come off and it'll explode everywhere.

I'll probably give this away to a friend or keep it to use on family members when I do their makeup. For now, I will always and will continue to use Coty Airspun powder to bake, set my undereyes, and set my face. If you had a problem with this powder, I find Coty Airspun is a great alternative for a fraction of the price.

on 9/22/2016 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The packaging isn't as luxury as I would like it to be when paying a large amount but the product itself is all kinds of amazing!! This is definitely worth all the hype it gets and it's so silky and seemless on your skin, works amazing on my skin to set and bake. This powder is a dream and worth every penny

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. The powder created a scale-like effect when applied. I used it to set my NARS radiant creamy concealer and it made my skin look like a reptile!

I tried using more and less product, but it always had the same result. Especially for the price, the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder is not worth it for me. I bought the 0.33 oz travel size for $23. That's about $69 an oz!

on 8/2/2016 10:56:00 PM

First things first, I absolutely loooove this powder. After swearing by the Chanel loose powder for years, I thought i'd try something different out and I am thoroughly happy. I love the packaging, it looks sleek and pretty and also contains A LOT of powder so you're definitely getting your moneys worth. The feel of it on the skin is like powdered silk - my skin always feels so soft after using it and I find it doesn't 'cake' my face up. I like to either use this to bake or just set my entire face and it does its job and after wearing it for a full day in the sun, I did not need to re-apply. Would definitely recommend this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This powder is amazing. First of all packaging, it comes in a round package with tiny holes on the top. As you shake some powder comes through the tiny holes. Now for texture, it never looks powdery or cakey. Even though I have warm skin (nc42) this translucent powder never left any whitish look on my face. Now for oil control, this is the best powder I tried so far. It works better than primer. Make sure to use very small amount, otherwise you will ended up looking too matte. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks). First day I applied little too much due to which I felt dryness in my cheeks. So I only apply this on my t-zone and in my cheeks i just apply the brush with left over powder and that is enough. It controlled the oil for me upto 8-9 hours. I don't think I'll use it in winter but I'll use it and repurchase it for summer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is my HG setting powder! I've tried other drug store and high end products. Nothing has compared to this. It def controls my oiliness and keeps my makeup on ALL DAY. If I "over powder" I'll spray a little of macs fix+ over and I'm good. Then I double over with urban decays de slick or all nighter.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- natural finish
- leaves skin looking airbrushed
- finely milled
- translucent
- not drying

CONS

- price

COMMENTS: Beautiful powder. Great for baking or dusting all over the face. It's so finely milled that it just fills in every pore resulting in an airbrushed, flawless finish. You can't tell you have it on; it's sheer and very natural looking. Doesn't accentuate dry spots. It's expensive if you're using it to bake, otherwise the price point isn't bad. I do really love it, though.

Will repurchase.