Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

3.6

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I would never understand the hype for this product!The texture is thick and coarse!The finish is a lifeless matte mask.This powder sucks all the moisture of your skin
The ingredients are irritating and acgenique (parabens ,exthilexil palmitate )
The worst powder I ever had

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of the few powders that does the job and doesn't cause flashback in photos. Expensive but worth it and lasts forever. It is truly translucent ....and doesn't show up white like some translucent powders do.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So I've been interested in this powder for a while after reading some great reviews. I put off buying it for a while just because of the price I thought I would be able to find some cheaper alternatives. I have combination skin and wear a lot of foundation and cream contour and I was sick of looking like I was melting at the end of every day so thought I'd splash out and give this a go.
I'm so glad I did, this stuff is AMAZING!! I used it for the first time today, I have been out in the red hot humid weather all day, then I went to the gym and it didn't budge even sweating it out at the gym all my makeup stayed in place, the only place that looked abit oily was my nose but considering the workout I'd done and the fact there's no air con in my gym I was very impressed.
I applied the powder sparingly with a damp beauty blender, the annoying thing is the packaging doesn't disperse a lot of powder so it took me a while to apply as I had to keep shaking more out
I will definitely purchase this again, I doubt I will use another powder know, I just wish it was abit cheaper!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Heed my warning readers, or else you will suffer as I once did...

Be careful when you use this. If you have dry skin stay away. If you are on acne medication, stay. Away. Stay far away. Like, run in the opposite direction when you see this on the display at Sephora, that's how much I mean stay away. It'll make you look so weird and dry.

Also, if you use a high coverage foundation that promises to last all day, stay away unless your face is crazy oily.

For baking purposes, I would say that this is a little too drying for that to be honest, unless you use a light layer and use a damp beauty blender to press it into the skin. For prolonging foundation longevity, it works well to give you a few more hours in my experience.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

One of the best translucent powder I've ever used! Feels very light on my face, stops most of the grease for almost the whole day, and I can just wear this out without foundation or CC cream. However, there are some flaws to this magnificent thing. Firstly, the counter people didn't tell me that THEY AIN'T GIVIN YOU NO PUFF. So I came home, and I wanted to try this out for the night-out instantly, and turns out that there ain't no puff inside. The product itself IS COSTLY, so I'm like gurl why ain't you supplying us with some puff, I mean I paid 40 bucks (VAX included) and I didn't get non of that.

How I wear it? - I either wear this on top of my foundation to set it in place and to prevent the grease, or I wear it alone on itself on days when I don't wear makeup.

Who do I recommend this product do - Anyone who has oily skin, or normal, or combination skin. I would not quite recommend this baby to people with dry skin, the reason for being this product WILL make your face looks like 3-4 shades lighter instantly, and one of the few things that help tone this issue down is your skin's natural oil. However if you are wearing oil-based moisturizer, or just skin oil, I guess you could cope with that.

Overall:
Is it great? 5/5 yeah
Issues? NO PUFF INCLUDED UGH, and quite costly.
Stops grease? Yes
Holds makeup? Meh, if you are using this for the finishing touches, I would suggest you use setting spray OVER this to REALLY set your makeup.
Do I recommend it? Sure, go for it people!

Have a lovely day, xoxo.

on 11/7/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is on the expensive side but I think it is so worth it and it lasts a long time! I have oily skin and use this to bake my face every morning, focusing on my under-eye concealer. It doesn't stop creasing for me because I have a lot of fine lines, but it definitely does delay it! It also makes my oily skin have a really nice finish and I only have to retouch on very humid or hot days.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am 28 years old and have never understood the hype re: translucent powder. However I am a total makeup youtube vid binge watcher and saw so many videos with this that I decided to suck it up and give it a go one day. WOW is all I can say. There are only a handful of products I am crazy about and I'm reviewing on them all tonight. This stuff is amazing. I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin that freaks the eff out at any foreign substance. This does not break me out. Not only does it set my makeup and keep it looking perfect all day but #INSTAMODEL. This stuff gives you a Kylie Jenner level photo ha. It highlights beautifully -- it isn't cakey --If you are one of "those" (aka me) who have fine lines under eyes and hate that concealer under eyes tends to look too cakey so you forego it altogether---this is FOR YOU. Dust a good amount on over a liquid under eye concealer (it should look like you pretty much have flour on your face) and let it sit for about 5 mins (this is called "baking") -- be sure that as you are applying concealer/powder you are careful to not create any creases/lines because they will set if you do. SO--let it sit for about 5 mins then dust off all of the excess "flour" look with your brush and you are ready for your close up. Girl get it.

on 8/28/2016 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately for me this didn't work on many fronts. I have oily, acne prone and sensitive skin that can easily cause products to cake.

I bought this hoping against all hope I had found a line in Laura Mercier that was safe for sensitive skin. Unfortunately for me this broke me out when I used it to set my foundation. Very odd for a powder to do on me, most of the time I'm good with powders. I tried it without foundation just concealer and again I broke out in small white bumps all over.

When I use this, it sets on liquids too heavy and makes me look cakey. It didn't really do anything special to hold my foundation in place for longer.

I decided to finish this product by using it as an under eye setting powder and it works well. The only downer for me is it sets very dry and crepe like. At the end of the day this isn't a great look.

The product has lasted me a long time so I do appreciate the cost effectiveness. But all in all I just can't bring myself to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

SO WORTH IT!! It leaves my makeup looking soft and smooth. It helps control my oily skin and never looks cakey.

on 1/10/2016 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Ok, so I went out and bought this because of ALL the raves about it lately. I have seen this product mentioned over and over in regards to "baking". It looked so beautiful when I saw others apply it and let it sit for a while and then just brush it off. Giving them this highlighted and bright look. Having dry skin I knew that maybe this wouldn't be the best thing for me even though I do use a little bit of a translucent powder over my makeup to set it all. So I bought this at Sephora, took it home and did my makeup then applied this under my eyes, a little on my forehead and above my upper lip. I let it sit and "bake", but when I brushed it off....it was not a good thing. It dried up so bad under my eyes not to mention that when applying whether I use a brush or sponge, the product goes everywhere. I understand it is a loose powder, but my other loose powder doesn't seem to spill so much like this one did. Not sure why that is, but it was more on my clothes than my face. My face just looked super cakey after I applied this powder and let it sit. So, if you have dry skin I would be careful with this product as on me it set in my lines and looked super dry. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me, but I am glad I tried it. Won't be buying it again, actually I am going this week to return it.