Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 11/5/2017 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this powder. I don't think it makes my skin matte at all, because ten minutes after applying this my skin is super shiny, however, it does minimize my pores and texture like a boss! I have bumpy skin due to acne scars and active breakouts and this sweeps over them to make my face look perfectly smooth! Definitely recommend!

This is my HG loose powder! I cannot rave about this enough.

My Skin Type:
I have dry/combination skin that tends to get oily in the T-Zone area after a few hours. It is very difficult to find a powder that doesn’t cling to dry patches and also keeps oil under control. I purchased the smaller pot of this as I wasn’t sure if it would suit my skin.

How I Apply:
The small pot came with a powder puff but I never use this, instead I use the Real Techniques blusher brush which works perfectly for me.

Pros:
*Very finely milled so doesn’t look cakey, powdery or heavy.
*I use tinted moisturiser instead of foundation & set it with this powder and it makes it last so much longer.
*Doesn't leave a horrible white cast in photographs.
*Skin looks smooth & flawless.
*Doesn't cause irritation or breakouts.

Cons:
*As with most loose powders, it can get quite messy! I have accidentally got the powder on my dark coloured clothes -_-
*Expensive for a powder however in my opinion it’s worth every penny.

Overall, my go-to loose powder! I’m so happy I’ve finally found a fantastic product for my dry/combination skin. I would definitely purchase the smaller pot to test it out before making the full investment.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i am so disappointed in this powder. i have very oily skin, and this has ZERO staying power. cornstarch works better than this on my skin. i found myself having to reapply this 5 times in an 8 hour period, and i was still oily. i dont understand why this is a cult favorite.

on 7/6/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is really good for the first application of the day but it doesn't do retouching well.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Heed my warning readers, or else you will suffer as I once did...

Be careful when you use this. If you have dry skin stay away. If you are on acne medication, stay. Away. Stay far away. Like, run in the opposite direction when you see this on the display at Sephora, that's how much I mean stay away. It'll make you look so weird and dry.

Also, if you use a high coverage foundation that promises to last all day, stay away unless your face is crazy oily.

For baking purposes, I would say that this is a little too drying for that to be honest, unless you use a light layer and use a damp beauty blender to press it into the skin. For prolonging foundation longevity, it works well to give you a few more hours in my experience.

on 4/17/2017 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best under eye and t-zone setting powder I have ever come across! I have tried many powders, including the Nyx HD translucent, which gave me a white cast when trying to bake with it! This does NONE of that, it melts into my makeup, eliminates shine without caking. It's super fine, have no color and doesn't mess up my foundation color either. I actually don't have to bake my concealer, just lightly set it with this powder. It's stupid expensive for some powder but it's SO GOOD! I don't have to use a lot with this, so it's going to last me for a long time. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'll be totally honest- I did not WANT to love this powder. There are certain things I can talk myself into spending extra money on, but powder has never been one of them. Powder's powder, right? Over $40 for any cosmetic excluding a top-of-the-line palette is usually not in my price range, but I had heard so much hype on this particular product, it became the rare exception.

This is a great powder, not a good one, not passable- GREAT. It mattifies without creating a powdery effect on the skin, kept my skin shine-free throughout very long and strenuous workdays, set my undereyes with zero creasing OR cakeyness, provided a tiny bit of additional coverage without turning orange, the list goes on.

I don't like recommending products that are bank-breakers unless I absolutely cannot find a flaw with its application, formula, etc. There are probably two dozen loose powders on the market (including drugstore) that will do just fine and might even be a close dupe for this, but I can't give a genuinely awesome product anything less than five lippies just because it's expensive.

Sigh. I do love this powder and although it's going to be a guilty pleasure, I do see myself repurchasing it because it has made my makeup routine just that much more seamless.

Truly the best product for setting under the eyes. I've tried numerous translucent powders from Chanel, NYC, & recently the RCMA no colour powder (a very good dupe for the LM translucent powder if your on a budget) I purchased the mini size of this from Sephora since so many translucent powders where a major letdown, they where just missing that special something. I like to set my whole face, apart from my undereyes- with pressed powder. Lastly, I use my Sigma tapered highlighter brush to 'bake' under my eyes. The LM powder goes on so soft, yet somehow provides a little bit of extra coverage. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, & dust it off- every time, my undereyes look perfect. Not dry, cakey or any settling into fine lines (I'm 19, but a lot of powders emphasize lines that aren't visible unless product is placed over them) I also don't get any creasing, no matter which concealer I use beforehand. I recently ran out of this, and couldn't be without it & I'm patiently waiting in for it to arrive from Sephora. If you aren't sure, give the travel size a try- it lasted 9 months with pretty much daily use. Love this ♡

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the first loose powder I've tried, and it will be the last! It does a great job setting my t-zone, without changing the colour or finish of my foundation. Love!

on 3/3/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I finally hopped on the Laura Mercier Translucent powder train and I have to say that the hype about it is true to word.
I purchased the little sample size one from sephora and I went through that one so fast. It really is translucent and it actually leaves a slight white cast if you use too much which I don't mind because I'm pale anyway.
It's a smooth, creamy and velvety powder that just sets makeup beautifully and makes it last all day. My only issue that if I use too much, my face will look cakey and dry since lately I've been suffering from ultra dry skin now.
The price is another thing I have an issue with, it's $47 CDN and I just don't feel like spending that amount of money every single time I run out of this as I am a university student. I'll hunt for dupes and everything but I do recommend this if you fee like splurging on a beautiful powder that works wonders for makeup!