Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this setting powder for years. Love it, keeps me matte all day, allows my foundation and concealer to stay locked in place on my oily skin. Pairs beautifully with a setting spray. The only downside is you do not get much product. Would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Comparable to the Kat von d lock-it setting powder. Love the fine texture makes my under eye look smooth and allows my contour to not go on patchy. However it does have some flashback.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you heard a lot of this powder it`s because it`s worth its money. It gives the face such a delicate touch and look! It cannot be compared to any drugstore setting powder (and trust me..i TRIED). It can make any foundation last longer on the skin without giving it that heavily powder look.
TIP: It lasts longer on the skin when you bake with it, rather than applying it and then wiping it off with the brush/beauty blender.
Save your money and invest in this. It WORKS.

on 9/18/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

You can get this product in two different sizes:
.33 oz - $23 USD
1 oz - $38 USD

There is also a puff available for purchase for $15 USD. They come in two finishes. Translucent and Transucent Medium Deep.

I had visited my local Sephora and scooped up a very generous sample of this product. The powder is very finely milled and feels like silk on your face. It's great for setting and for baking. I had zero flashback. I set the problem areas of my face as I layer my makeup. There really isn't anything bad I can say about this product. It's beautiful and that full ounce will made you quite awhile! There are other setting powders that really work just as good for cheaper but if you want a higher end product it is wonderful.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of the few powders that does the job and doesn't cause flashback in photos. Expensive but worth it and lasts forever. It is truly translucent ....and doesn't show up white like some translucent powders do.

on 8/24/2017 12:43:00 PM

Powder is quite a nice one.... just dont get it why it oxidizes my undereye concealer? looks really odd... end up putting few powders on my face. and keeping in mind how expensive it is..

on 7/23/2017 2:24:00 PM

I was pretty disappointed with this powder. I've been using it for a few weeks, and I just don't understand why so many people love it. Maybe I just have weird skin, I don't know. Oil control is not all that great, and it doesn't take too much of it for it to start looking cakey. Which means reapplying it often (as I have to do) results in cake-face.

I have bought drugstore powders that did better for me than this, so I don't think I will be repurchasing. I really wanted to like it and will certainly use up this container considering what it cost, but I'll be on to something else after that.

UPDATE: I'm upgrading this review from a 2 to a 4 because I tried it with a different foundation, and it's like a different powder! At first, I used it with the La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation (it's a liquid foundation) and I was not impressed. But when I tried it again using the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick, it works beautifully! I cannot believe the difference. It just interacts so much better with it, and I love it using this foundation.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So I've been interested in this powder for a while after reading some great reviews. I put off buying it for a while just because of the price I thought I would be able to find some cheaper alternatives. I have combination skin and wear a lot of foundation and cream contour and I was sick of looking like I was melting at the end of every day so thought I'd splash out and give this a go.
I'm so glad I did, this stuff is AMAZING!! I used it for the first time today, I have been out in the red hot humid weather all day, then I went to the gym and it didn't budge even sweating it out at the gym all my makeup stayed in place, the only place that looked abit oily was my nose but considering the workout I'd done and the fact there's no air con in my gym I was very impressed.
I applied the powder sparingly with a damp beauty blender, the annoying thing is the packaging doesn't disperse a lot of powder so it took me a while to apply as I had to keep shaking more out
I will definitely purchase this again, I doubt I will use another powder know, I just wish it was abit cheaper!!

on 1/13/2017 6:47:00 PM

worth the buy

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't really understand the hype of this setting powder. it does not make your face feel smooth like other setting powders, it cakes after 4 hours, and feels heavy on the skin. maybe I'll give it another try someday but as of now, I'll pass on this. the tarte setting powder works much better than this.

on 5/12/2016 8:17:00 AM

This is one of the worst loose powders I have ever tried. Where should I start? First off, it doesn`t look natural, even when applied with a light hand you can see it there sitting on top of the skin, emphasizing every bump and clinging to every dry bit, and I don`t even have dry skin! For under eyes it`s a nightmare: you discover fine lines you never knew you had and whatever wrinkles you might have are magnified 10 times. As far as oil control, it barely works for 1 hour. In summer it`s like I haven`t applied anything after 20 minutes. The packaging is absolute crap: it`s just been sitting in my drawer, it`s never been dropped, but today when I tried to spill a litle powder into the lid, parts of the screw-on jar just literally broke off. Incidentally, I`ve noticed this effect with other Laura Mercier packages: it`s like they`re made from cheap, recycled plastic. Which would be great if they were, but I sincerely doubt it. And last but not least: I`ve gotten better results with cheaper drugstore powders than this overpriced garbage.