Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

This powder was just okay for me. I wish it kept my face from getting oily so quick. The packaging is beautiful I must say, but don't think the price tag should be what it is. For my full review head over to my blog beautybyprincessmaitland@gmail.com

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally got this and was shocked on how disappointed I am with this. This is a cheap powder in a fancy package. I have very oily skin so I am very particular in face powders as I constantly rely on them. I just got an awful finish with this powder. It goes on way too matte and powdery even when using a tiny bit. But say in an hour, my face is oily all over again! Repeat, repeat and repeat. So basically with this powder, I was either cake face or Crisco face. In my opinion (and I know this has a big cult following), I just don't see the hype. Maybe if you have normal skin and you are using this as just a setting powder, it would be fine.

Better powder options for a lot less money: Coty Air Spun, ELF HD pressed and loose powder and Revlon Color Stay translucent.

I wish I had read more of the reviews on here before going out and buying this. I used this religiously for a while and yes it does its job of keeping your skin less oily BUT I had HORRIBLE flashback! I started a new job recently and at out companywide meeting they take a pic of you and put it up on a giant screen in the background through our first companywide meeting...........There I was with giant white circles under my eyes coz I had used it to set my under eye concealer! So if you are NC25 or more please DO NOT BUY THIS! There are others that will do the job just as well.

on 9/12/2017 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just days of using this powder and I am super in love already! I do have very oily skin so I cake often using bad powders. This is just gorgeous. It is finely milled and no matter how many times I powder throughout the day, it does not cake at all. I use this with a smaller powder brush since I like to powder on certain areas of the face more than others, well mainly in my T-zone. This just smoothes out everything and your skin looks evened out.

I find this a good investment and yeah when you buy it you would think it is expensive but I think this will last for years I think. I can't wait to use this on clients, and maybe try it with the puff too.

Holy grail status! I will definitely repurchase for sure!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the most magical item I have ever put on my face. Somehow, this manages to set my makeup to a beautiful matte finish, and have it stay that way all day long. It makes my makeup bulletproof to heat and sweat so amazingly well. And best of all, it looks absolutely beautiful in photos. I love the slight tint to it as it helps brighten my skin even further. For application, I use my leftover damp beauty blender from foundation, and dip it into this a few times and press it into the areas I want set (not baking, just pressing the product in till it disappears).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best powder for oily skin!! But use only a small amount otherwise it will look cakey!

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay. This stuff is the real deal. I hate the price, but god dangit if I'm not willing to fork it over for this magical fairy dust.

on 5/19/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

At this age of 53 this seems to be the best loose powder the trick is to apply only a little bit and I make sure to put punch holes when I first open it up I keep the sticky on and just use a safety-pin otherwise too much comes out but I highly recommend this powder the only con is its price and the color selection is very few but it works wonders for older skin!