Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

I bought this because of all the great reviews out there. But I don't get it. I've tried putting this on the way they show you on the videos with playing with the puff and pressing and rolling and with a fluffy brush. Either way it turns me so matte that my skin looks flat and not flawless. I am very disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Light and feathery, I'd consider this to be the perfect powder for under-eyes. It does an excellent job of bringing light and luminosity to the face, and not leaving a cast on it. I find it to be mattifying as well, so it'll definitely accentuate dry spots - be sure to moisturize properly prior to use, and you can avoid the caked look if you sweep brush powder off or on. Pricey, but long lasting since you don't need a lot of it.

on 5/3/2018 7:28:00 PM

I’m a little frustrated because everyone really loves this powder and I just can’t get it to work for me!

When I bake with it, it actually darkens my concealer (Tarte Shapetape). I know a lot of people use that concealer with this powder so I’m not sure why it reacts with my skin like that (yes - I’m using the translucent powder and not one with a tint). I even tested out my paranoia by only doing one side of my face with the powder (spritz’d with setting spray) and then going downstairs. My fiancé (without being prompted) asked me why my face was two different colors and why the left side looked “crunchy”. When I asked him what that meant he said dry, powdery, and my pores were more obvious on the powdered side of my face.

I’ve tried damp sponges, puffs, different brushes, more powder, and less powder! I plan to continue trying different things. Maybe one day I’ll be able to come back and bump the rating up!

I have yet to find a loose powder I like more than this... and trust me, I have been searching! The biggest downside of this product is the COST, every fleck of powder that falls off my face while I am applying legitimately pains me. But this powder is perfect for setting makeup, baking the face, and brightening. It is so silky soft and I love how it doesn’t look drying on my skin. Definitely a holy grail powder.

on 4/14/2018 7:20:00 AM

Bought this to see what the hype was about. I’ve only tried a few loose powders and this is one of the best! It feels light on the skin and sets my smile lines well. However I don’t like to bake using it on my undereyes it just feels really dry as if i can’t move my face. The price is alright to say how much product you do get however I wish it was a bit more cheaper like around £20

on 3/26/2018 12:16:00 AM

This is my favorite powder to set my foundation without making it so powdery and cakey. It smoothens my base and helps my makeup last all day long. It doesn't break me out like other powder. However, it's quite pricey. But still, since I can't find any alternatives for it, I guess I will have to repurchase it again if I run out of it.

I love this powder it prolongs my foundation. It it fabulous for baking the under eyes and t zone as well as just a all over setting powder. This product is long lasting and keeps well. I would highly recommend it

on 1/12/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have already seen this not work for me so many times but because I spent so much money on it I want to find a use for it. I have oily skin and if I don't use too much of it, it looks great when I first put it on but I'm oily in a half hour. If I cake it on I look 30 years older it makes me my lines more obvious and I'm oily in 3 hours if I try to blot when I'm wearing this nothing happens I'm still oily, have way to much shine its like the powder creates a buffer so I can't pick up oils unless I touch my face with my hands which I try not to do. I'll go back to using the rimmel stay matte pressed powder and declutter this to a friend with dry skin.

on 12/22/2017 8:04:00 AM

i use it after the tinted cream of Laura Mercier and it does a great job. great product 😋

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!