Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 11/16/2018 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I liked this but its not worth its £30 price tag. I bought mine on an offer so it was more cost effective but I wouldn’t repurchase. It is quite a thick powder, not finely milled at all and although oil controlling properties are good, it very much depends on the liquid foundation you pair this with in order to see its benefits. This did wonders for my Clinique Beyond Perfecting and Urban Decay Naked Skin; but nothing for my MAC foundations. One tub lasted me only 5 months which was also slightly disappointing - I seemed to need to use a lot of this to set my face appropriately.

Good but not incredible considering the price.

on 10/12/2018 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is my first setting powder ever because I never really wore face make up except for mascara and brows. This set my foundation really well, and the packaging is really pretty, actually.The product works well and I like that it makes my pores look much smaller--the new "glow" version of it sucks. It got real cakey real fast. But this one honestly is really great. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE it. This is the first loose setting powder I have purchased after switching from pressed powders and I'll never go back. Makes the under eye very smooth and sets my foundation all day. The powder is finely milled and dispenses from the container easily. I do have to blot my forehead sometimes in the late afternoon but I have very oily skin so I think it's just me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Broke me out in tiny itchy bumps from one use. I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. I think my skin hates most of the products with talc. Maybe you want to stay away from this if we share the same skin type.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I would buy this over and over, above any other powder. It's worth the price. This makes my makeup look amazing and flawless all day, even when I've been sweating!! I use a dry beauty blender to push this into my skin. And, my skin looks like silk up close and feels so soft. I highly recommend this to any skin type, but if you have flakes I would exfoliate before hand. Definitely worth the price tag to have flawless makeup all day.

on 8/14/2018 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

From a distance, I thought, wow...this looks really polished and nice. But when I looked closer (especially where I really need to set, my under eye concealer), it looked really dry and aging (I am almost 44). There are a lot of makeup products that do this, but I have never been a fan of it. Imperfect as my skin and I may be, I would rather see #nofilter look than really nice from a far, but not good up close. If you don't have the drying aging issue, nice setting powder. If you want that I look good from afar, first impression look...go for it. But if it bugs you to see the makeup on your skin...this may not be right for you. I can see why people like it, but it just wasn't good for me & my dry under eye area / face.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best setting powder ever! My skin is very, very oily and this takes my makeup to the next level. I apply this after applying my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) and it totally sets my foundation, giving me a matte finish. My skin no longer gets as oily as it used to and my makeup lasts longer and looks fresher throughout the day. It does not look cakey on the skin or settle into your pores like some other loose powders do. I only wish I started using this powder years ago!

on 8/9/2018 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder. It does everything a powder does except it doesnt look cakey. It’s almost invisible. It’s expensive but it will last you years. Highly recommend.

on 8/5/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I didn't want to believe the hype! This powder is fantastic. I have both the Translucent and the Medium Deep and love them to bits! I use Medium Deep to set my primer and foundations. I use I can use Translucent to do this but I prefer to use this for setting my under-eye highlight.

This powder is the most finely milled powder I've ever used. It disappears into the skin but does not leave a 'cake face' finish. When I set my primer with this I find that I do not have to blot throughout the day except for the tip of my nose once or twice.

I've not experienced any flashback in photos with either one of the colors and I love how natural it feels on the skin.

The holes in the sifter can be problematic. I had to remove it and enlarge them a little to get a better flow when I shake the container.

The price is very high...you don't even get a powder puff, but I love the results so much that I'm willing to pay it. A little bit goes a long way. I've only needed to replace the Medium Deep once in a 12 month period.

on 7/25/2018 11:47:00 AM

I am really loving this powder, literally helped me with my oily T-zone, and also helped with the creases I had under my eyes. It keeps your skin soooo soft, one of the best powders I have ever tried, I highly recommend it ♡.