Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Broke me out in tiny itchy bumps from one use. I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. I think my skin hates most of the products with talc. Maybe you want to stay away from this if we share the same skin type.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I would buy this over and over, above any other powder. It's worth the price. This makes my makeup look amazing and flawless all day, even when I've been sweating!! I use a dry beauty blender to push this into my skin. And, my skin looks like silk up close and feels so soft. I highly recommend this to any skin type, but if you have flakes I would exfoliate before hand. Definitely worth the price tag to have flawless makeup all day.

on 8/14/2018 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

From a distance, I thought, wow...this looks really polished and nice. But when I looked closer (especially where I really need to set, my under eye concealer), it looked really dry and aging (I am almost 44). There are a lot of makeup products that do this, but I have never been a fan of it. Imperfect as my skin and I may be, I would rather see #nofilter look than really nice from a far, but not good up close. If you don't have the drying aging issue, nice setting powder. If you want that I look good from afar, first impression look...go for it. But if it bugs you to see the makeup on your skin...this may not be right for you. I can see why people like it, but it just wasn't good for me & my dry under eye area / face.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best setting powder ever! My skin is very, very oily and this takes my makeup to the next level. I apply this after applying my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) and it totally sets my foundation, giving me a matte finish. My skin no longer gets as oily as it used to and my makeup lasts longer and looks fresher throughout the day. It does not look cakey on the skin or settle into your pores like some other loose powders do. I only wish I started using this powder years ago!

on 8/9/2018 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder. It does everything a powder does except it doesnt look cakey. It’s almost invisible. It’s expensive but it will last you years. Highly recommend.

on 8/5/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I didn't want to believe the hype! This powder is fantastic. I have both the Translucent and the Medium Deep and love them to bits! I use Medium Deep to set my primer and foundations. I use I can use Translucent to do this but I prefer to use this for setting my under-eye highlight.

This powder is the most finely milled powder I've ever used. It disappears into the skin but does not leave a 'cake face' finish. When I set my primer with this I find that I do not have to blot throughout the day except for the tip of my nose once or twice.

I've not experienced any flashback in photos with either one of the colors and I love how natural it feels on the skin.

The holes in the sifter can be problematic. I had to remove it and enlarge them a little to get a better flow when I shake the container.

The price is very high...you don't even get a powder puff, but I love the results so much that I'm willing to pay it. A little bit goes a long way. I've only needed to replace the Medium Deep once in a 12 month period.

on 7/25/2018 11:47:00 AM

I am really loving this powder, literally helped me with my oily T-zone, and also helped with the creases I had under my eyes. It keeps your skin soooo soft, one of the best powders I have ever tried, I highly recommend it ♡.

I bought this because of all the great reviews out there. But I don't get it. I've tried putting this on the way they show you on the videos with playing with the puff and pressing and rolling and with a fluffy brush. Either way it turns me so matte that my skin looks flat and not flawless. I am very disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Light and feathery, I'd consider this to be the perfect powder for under-eyes. It does an excellent job of bringing light and luminosity to the face, and not leaving a cast on it. I find it to be mattifying as well, so it'll definitely accentuate dry spots - be sure to moisturize properly prior to use, and you can avoid the caked look if you sweep brush powder off or on. Pricey, but long lasting since you don't need a lot of it.

on 5/3/2018 7:28:00 PM

I’m a little frustrated because everyone really loves this powder and I just can’t get it to work for me!

When I bake with it, it actually darkens my concealer (Tarte Shapetape). I know a lot of people use that concealer with this powder so I’m not sure why it reacts with my skin like that (yes - I’m using the translucent powder and not one with a tint). I even tested out my paranoia by only doing one side of my face with the powder (spritz’d with setting spray) and then going downstairs. My fiancé (without being prompted) asked me why my face was two different colors and why the left side looked “crunchy”. When I asked him what that meant he said dry, powdery, and my pores were more obvious on the powdered side of my face.

I’ve tried damp sponges, puffs, different brushes, more powder, and less powder! I plan to continue trying different things. Maybe one day I’ll be able to come back and bump the rating up!