Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Currently my go-to powder. Controls oil very well for me and plays nicely with all my current foundations. Impressed with how well it sets my under-eye. Mattifies without looking cakey on me. Will repurchase.

I keep repurchasing this product even though it is not my favorite. I have combo/oily skin. The finish is beautiful initially, but I am oily after an hour. I have tried many different foundation/application methods and have the same results. The packaging is okay, it can be a little messy dispensing product. Overall, it is a meh product to me.

Have never wrote a make up review before, however this is he first product I have had to speak about! I bought this last week, after months of should I shan’t I. I am so happy I bought this product! It is my holy grail and I would never ever be without it! I have dry skin and it sits amazingly and doesn’t cake! I thought it was a bit pricey but after trying the product it is well worth it and I will be buying again.

on 2/7/2018 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cant fault this powder. Okay the price point may not be the best but i forget about that as it does wonders for my face. Not only does it mattify my skin but it increases the wear of my makeup. Gives no flashback and feels light weight on the face. 100% recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this to set my under eyes so a full size jar is going to last me a loooong time. I personally wouldn’t recommend getting the travel size as it’s significantly smaller but only $15 cheaper so it’s not as good of value. I find if I only apply a really thin dusting it sets my under eye beautifully and lasts all day. I can’t bake with this though because my eyes look wayyyy too dry.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

I've heard about people talking about this product for years. It was finally accessible via travel sizes at Sephora, so I decided to grab a tub to see if there was truth to the hype.

I didn't hold out much hope pouring a tiny bit amount into the lid, as it looked a bit chalky. I figured that since I had laid down $28 dollars plus tax, and I would just have to find a way to make it work - because $30 is a lot of money to throw away. Once I put the puff down, I saw just how smoothly it applied. My skin didn't look powdery or chalky, but it looked incredibly smooth - plus, it felt like silk when gliding across my skin. And even five hours later, there's minimal shine and my skin still looks smooth.

Plus, just a tiny bit went a long way.

I think I'll be purchasing a back up just in case Sephora decides to get rid of this at some point.

on 12/8/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought the travel size of this to try out... 30$ canadian for less than 10 grams of product... umm even if i loved this i couldn’t bring myself to repurchase. It makes my skin look smooth and flawless but that doesn’t last the whole day. It helps control oil... sometimes. If it’s muggy outside or i’m wearing a foundation that doesn’t particularly last great on me, this powder doesn’t help out unlike my Maybelline fit me loose powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't want to give into the hype of this product after years of hearing people rave about it, I finally gave in. I am so impressed with this it makes myself look so smooth and flawless it looks absolutely amazing. I am so happy I bought it, I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]