Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

I've heard about people talking about this product for years. It was finally accessible via travel sizes at Sephora, so I decided to grab a tub to see if there was truth to the hype.

I didn't hold out much hope pouring a tiny bit amount into the lid, as it looked a bit chalky. I figured that since I had laid down $28 dollars plus tax, and I would just have to find a way to make it work - because $30 is a lot of money to throw away. Once I put the puff down, I saw just how smoothly it applied. My skin didn't look powdery or chalky, but it looked incredibly smooth - plus, it felt like silk when gliding across my skin. And even five hours later, there's minimal shine and my skin still looks smooth.

Plus, just a tiny bit went a long way.

I think I'll be purchasing a back up just in case Sephora decides to get rid of this at some point.

on 12/8/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought the travel size of this to try out... 30$ canadian for less than 10 grams of product... umm even if i loved this i couldn’t bring myself to repurchase. It makes my skin look smooth and flawless but that doesn’t last the whole day. It helps control oil... sometimes. If it’s muggy outside or i’m wearing a foundation that doesn’t particularly last great on me, this powder doesn’t help out unlike my Maybelline fit me loose powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't want to give into the hype of this product after years of hearing people rave about it, I finally gave in. I am so impressed with this it makes myself look so smooth and flawless it looks absolutely amazing. I am so happy I bought it, I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]

on 7/12/2017 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Youtube unfortunately made me buy this.. I have oily combination skin, and this is not helpfull at all. Is mattes you down, yet the makeup still feels wet and my skin oily. It's also not as fine as I expected, I will never use this again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this powder, i do not like the price, though. It is just a setting powder, there is no coverage or anything that truly justifies it's price. The reason why I would repurchase it is because it is the only powder that I can bake with that does not make me look like a cake face when I am done. I have used two other powders (Senegence translucent powder, you get it through a distributor, and the LA pro girl translucent powder) and they made me look hilarious and I thought I would never be able to bake my face and have flawless looking skin. I use it so I can keep my oil from shining through, I even use mattifying primers and it never fails, my oils still come through unless I bake my face. I do wish that the packaging had a twisty thing to keep the powder from spilling out on the inside, that is the reason for the 3 star on packaging, when I open it, the powder can spill out if I am not careful.

YouTube made me buy this and now I'm on my 3rd jar. I use for this for baking and all over setting. It's not too drying, it's finely milled , smooth, and doesn't alter your base colour.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had my doubts about this powder. EVERYONE loves it. I figured it must have some flaw. But I wanted to try it myself so I bit the bullet and bought the full size (It's a better price than buying the sample) LOVE at first swoosh of powder on my face. I have a very oily T-zone and this powder seriously keeps my makeup in place all day. And gives me great hope I'll be able to use some foundations again that used to get to slick on me after a few hours. I currently am using this powder on top of Mac fluid studio fix foundation and it's so flawless and beautiful. So happy I bought this!

This is a mediocre loose powder. The good: I appreciate that it is yellow based, which is unusual but very welcomed. I also appreciate that it stands apart as a talc based loosed powder in a sea of garbage silica based loose powders. The bad: It still looks like I'm wearing powder when I use it (a small amount, lightly applied and blended out). I wouldn't call it cake face but it certainly isn't an airbrushed perfect finish by any means. It just looks like you're wearing loose powder. I believe it looks heavier than dusting my face with a full coverage powder foundation. Also, it actually makes my undereye concealer which normally doesn't crease even if it's not set look like it's creasing. I thought loose powders were supposed to decrease creasing not create more creasing.

Everyone was raving about this powder but it's nothing compared to the Coty Airspun, not by a long shot. The Translucent Coty Airspun powder is magnificent, but even the heavier Extra Coverage Coty Airspun looks way more flawless and like you aren't wearing any powder compared to this one. I don't understand how people give this such high reviews. Maybe a combination of hype and people not knowing any better what an excellent translucent powder really looks like. I really wanted to like this product but it fell short. The packaging is lovely, the frosted glass is very classy. Nice sifter. But then you open up your $38 loose powder to find it doesn't come with a powder puff. You will have to purchase that separate for another $14. I don't use powder puffs with my loose powder, but if I'm spending $38 on a loose powder I expect it to come with one. Ridiculous. I could forgive it if the product was excellent, but it is solidly mediocre. I wouldn't repurchase this product even if it was drugstore priced.