Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]

on 7/12/2017 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Youtube unfortunately made me buy this.. I have oily combination skin, and this is not helpfull at all. Is mattes you down, yet the makeup still feels wet and my skin oily. It's also not as fine as I expected, I will never use this again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this powder, i do not like the price, though. It is just a setting powder, there is no coverage or anything that truly justifies it's price. The reason why I would repurchase it is because it is the only powder that I can bake with that does not make me look like a cake face when I am done. I have used two other powders (Senegence translucent powder, you get it through a distributor, and the LA pro girl translucent powder) and they made me look hilarious and I thought I would never be able to bake my face and have flawless looking skin. I use it so I can keep my oil from shining through, I even use mattifying primers and it never fails, my oils still come through unless I bake my face. I do wish that the packaging had a twisty thing to keep the powder from spilling out on the inside, that is the reason for the 3 star on packaging, when I open it, the powder can spill out if I am not careful.

YouTube made me buy this and now I'm on my 3rd jar. I use for this for baking and all over setting. It's not too drying, it's finely milled , smooth, and doesn't alter your base colour.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had my doubts about this powder. EVERYONE loves it. I figured it must have some flaw. But I wanted to try it myself so I bit the bullet and bought the full size (It's a better price than buying the sample) LOVE at first swoosh of powder on my face. I have a very oily T-zone and this powder seriously keeps my makeup in place all day. And gives me great hope I'll be able to use some foundations again that used to get to slick on me after a few hours. I currently am using this powder on top of Mac fluid studio fix foundation and it's so flawless and beautiful. So happy I bought this!

This is a mediocre loose powder. The good: I appreciate that it is yellow based, which is unusual but very welcomed. I also appreciate that it stands apart as a talc based loosed powder in a sea of garbage silica based loose powders. The bad: It still looks like I'm wearing powder when I use it (a small amount, lightly applied and blended out). I wouldn't call it cake face but it certainly isn't an airbrushed perfect finish by any means. It just looks like you're wearing loose powder. I believe it looks heavier than dusting my face with a full coverage powder foundation. Also, it actually makes my undereye concealer which normally doesn't crease even if it's not set look like it's creasing. I thought loose powders were supposed to decrease creasing not create more creasing.

Everyone was raving about this powder but it's nothing compared to the Coty Airspun, not by a long shot. The Translucent Coty Airspun powder is magnificent, but even the heavier Extra Coverage Coty Airspun looks way more flawless and like you aren't wearing any powder compared to this one. I don't understand how people give this such high reviews. Maybe a combination of hype and people not knowing any better what an excellent translucent powder really looks like. I really wanted to like this product but it fell short. The packaging is lovely, the frosted glass is very classy. Nice sifter. But then you open up your $38 loose powder to find it doesn't come with a powder puff. You will have to purchase that separate for another $14. I don't use powder puffs with my loose powder, but if I'm spending $38 on a loose powder I expect it to come with one. Ridiculous. I could forgive it if the product was excellent, but it is solidly mediocre. I wouldn't repurchase this product even if it was drugstore priced.

on 9/20/2016 4:41:00 AM

Such a beautiful powder. Sets foundation and concealer so well without making it look dry. So smooth and poreless

on 9/13/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder is changing my makeup game right now! I've been using Clinique's Blended Face Powder in Invisible Blend for what feels like f o r e v e r (35g of products will last you a long time, it turns out). I used to want my face to be 100% matte, and for that purpose that powder worked well. But over time I felt more and more done with the matte look, not to mention how it was starting to bother me that the powder looked a little grey-ish on my skin.

This powder leans ever so slightly towards a soft yellow undertone, giving a little bit of a brightening effect without really adding colour (I have neutral to cold undertones and anything too yellow will look very weird on me). The consistency of the powder is completely different from any loose powder I've tried before, in that it's simultaneously more finely milled and less likely to go flying everywhere. I wasn't sure how to describe the texture, but the website says this about it: "The loose powder feels luxuriously dense in the jar, feels silky-light and refined on your skin. Applies evenly. Blends effortlessly." I don't like to sound like I am uncritically buying into all of the claims, but after using the powder for a while I have to agree with that description. Once it's blended into the skin it's like it's no longer there - visually. It still does a good job of setting my foundation, but I don't look powder-y, cakey or dry the way I feel like I have when using some loose powders. It also sets my under eye area better than the Clinique powder - it doesn't look cakey nor dry.

After a few hours of use I do go from a semi-matte/satin finish to more of a dewy finish, but I'm okay with that. Especially since I feel like it's completely normal to want/need to touch up during the day - I just personally never do. Perhaps someone with proper oily skin wouldn't fare as well with this powder, but from what I understand that's what the Invisible version of the powder is for. Also, I've been using this with a fluffy powder brush and I can imagine that using a velour puff like recommended will set your foundation to last a little longer too. I've never used a velour puff to apply powder before, always thinking it seemed like too much work, but I'm actually a bit curious to see if the powder performs any different applied that way.

The price is a little bit up there (I paid 400SEK at one of the only stores in Sweden that stock Laura Mercier), but you do get quite a lot of product (1oz / 29g). Not to mention that the product itself feels luxurious. Even the packaging I like a lot - frosted plastic is stylish, it feels very sturdy and the sifter is quite great. One of my pet peeves is travelling with loose powder and having ALL the powder end up in the compartment "above" the sifter, but the combination of a good sifter and the dense consistency of the powder seems to prevent that from happening.

I'm so glad Laura Mercier went back to being cruelty free (by pulling out of the Chinese market), and here's to hoping it will stay that way. Because I will definitely want to repurchase this in the future!

on 7/31/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this powder because of the price, but OMG it is my HG powder. I have super oily skin & this sets my my all day. Despite the initial outlay being costly, it has lasted me 9 months so far with daily use, so realistically it's not that expensive. This product really does deserve the hype.

on 6/22/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using the translucent loose powder since about late December-early January. Given that I've used it in several seasons and months now (I've had the travel size) and I'm still not close to being done, I've given it a pretty good test run and feel comfortable sharing my thoughts on it.

The loose powder is a very nicely milled product that feels smooth and silky when you run it under your fingers. It sheers out beautifully and it does a great job of keeping things matte. For someone with dry skin, I initially worried about this and my big concern was if it would dry out my skin. It does not dry out my undereyes and does a great job keeping my concealer there without creasing. All over the face, however, does look a bit patchy. Despite this, I find a few sprays of MAC Fix+ actually removes the powdery, scaly look and makes it look super natural again, while keeping a demi-matte finish. While I normally would be miffed that I have to use several products to get something working the way I want, I don't hold that against this because powders and dry skin typically don't mix so adding a bit of Fix+ is an easy solution for the exact results I want.

For us dry skinned folk, I would recommend using a powder puff rather than a brush to apply. The brush only kicks up dry patches and a powder puff (when rolling side-to-side) helps to press it into the skin. The only time I use a brush for this product is with the Real Techniques Setting Powder brush and that's only for under my under-eyes.

I wouldn't imagine oily skinned or combo skinned (maybe even normal) folk to have the same problems and I could see this working really well for all of the above. It's just us dry/dehydrated skins that might struggle a bit, but it's nothing a little Fix+ can't help. For POCs, I don't know if this would be good for anything other than baking because it may give a slight ashiness, but I'd still recommend getting the travel size from Sephora to test it out for yourself.

I don't find it adds any additional color, so if you're looking for something to add more coverage, I don't know that this product would meet those needs. However, for something to help longevity in your makeup and give more of a matte appearance, this product is great.

After using up this, I think I'm going to try the ByTerry Hydra Powder, but this is a product I'd definitely repurchase and will do so if the ByTerry does not work.

Pros:

- Available in a travel-size (which comes with a powder puff!) and larger size (does not)
- Does not add color (for those not looking for that)
- Mattifies very effectively
- Great for baking
- Generous amount of product
- Does a good job of preventing under-eye concealer creasing
- Helps to prolong makeup wear

Cons:

- Dry-skinned folk may have difficulty with product and may need to use additional products to get desired results
- Does not add color (for those looking for that)
- May not work well for POCs