Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.5

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 7/5/2017 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I purchased this item in the trial size ($23). I have tried numerous drugstore powders and decided to bite the bullet and by this high end powder.

This powder is the best powder I have ever tried. This sets my under eye beautifully. Eventually I would like to try RCMA or Ben Nye powder as well (thanks YouTube). I am NC44-45 and this looked great for my highlighted areas, I did not place this on the other areas of my face.

Would highly recommend, and am unsure if I will repurchase (I'm a frugal gal). I will try Ben Nye and RCMA next since they are easier on the wallet.

on 11/29/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely love this powder! I was a fan of the Mac msf for years, but always found that powder would look cakey and almost orange on me (despite getting the palest shade). I decided to try a translucent powder and heard good reviews about this one and this is now my holy grail powder!! It doesn't make me look orange, it isn't cakey, it doesn't settle in fine lines, it helps my makeup to set and you can 'bake' with this to help your contour stand out. It's only downfall is the price tag, but you do get a lot of product which should last a long time as you really don't need to use much. It can also be messy but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I would definitely recommend this to everyone!

on 8/6/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Heaven! This is my first ever powder and I must say that I'm in love! It really does excatly what I want and I'm glad I decided to splurge. I use a full coverage cream stick foundation and it sets it very well and it doesn't look as if your wearing powder at all; very natural! I was afraid that this powder wouldn't be translucent on dark skin tones but it really is.

Don't take off the entire stick just half because a little goes a long way with this powder. If you're looking for dewy skin, this isn't for you. It's for people that want a matte look and it isn't drying at all and I live in Chicago and first tried this in the winter of this year when we had that brutal snow storm that shut down the city. I've also used it during the humid months of summer and it's lovely.

This is what a translucent loose powder looks like! ^^

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Ok, I really shouldn't say this is my HG powder yet because I just bought it two days ago, but I really want to!! I have a medium-dark/olive skin tone, so I was weary of translucent powders turning white on me. LM is the only one I've tried to-date that doesn't. I mean even when I am actively setting my concealer and foundation with a large powder puff, it takes on the color of my makeup almost immediately, like magic. I brush any excess off with my Shu #18R and my face is ready to go for whatever look I am going for that day. (I am currently trying out BB Foundation stick too--may review later on). Also this powder works pretty decent in terms of shine control--I just do a quick dusting late afternoon w/a pressed powder and that's it. All in all, I do plan on repurchasing, which I think will be awhile from now since I only need a tiny amount for my whole face. The packaging is a pretty basic jar with a screw-on lid which is great. Definitely up there with the quality of NARS loose powder (maybe even better!)...