Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.5

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 11/5/2017 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this powder. I don't think it makes my skin matte at all, because ten minutes after applying this my skin is super shiny, however, it does minimize my pores and texture like a boss! I have bumpy skin due to acne scars and active breakouts and this sweeps over them to make my face look perfectly smooth! Definitely recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'll be totally honest- I did not WANT to love this powder. There are certain things I can talk myself into spending extra money on, but powder has never been one of them. Powder's powder, right? Over $40 for any cosmetic excluding a top-of-the-line palette is usually not in my price range, but I had heard so much hype on this particular product, it became the rare exception.

This is a great powder, not a good one, not passable- GREAT. It mattifies without creating a powdery effect on the skin, kept my skin shine-free throughout very long and strenuous workdays, set my undereyes with zero creasing OR cakeyness, provided a tiny bit of additional coverage without turning orange, the list goes on.

I don't like recommending products that are bank-breakers unless I absolutely cannot find a flaw with its application, formula, etc. There are probably two dozen loose powders on the market (including drugstore) that will do just fine and might even be a close dupe for this, but I can't give a genuinely awesome product anything less than five lippies just because it's expensive.

Sigh. I do love this powder and although it's going to be a guilty pleasure, I do see myself repurchasing it because it has made my makeup routine just that much more seamless.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the first loose powder I've tried, and it will be the last! It does a great job setting my t-zone, without changing the colour or finish of my foundation. Love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this for a stupid but logical reason I heard raves about this so I wanted to try it for argument sake since I loved the secret brightening powder however the pot is so small I ran out of it too quickly and this big ol thing caught my eye
I have oily skin in the middle dry all over and I try my best to compensate for the two ( serums , exfoliate when needed , dewy setting sprays ) however because I'm oily too I have to set everything I put on .. in other words when I do reviews I make sure it's not something I'm doing or changed.
This was good, blurred my pores, gave me a nice brightening finish in the middle of my face where i need it.
Didn't feel chalky it felt nice on the skin and it did keep me matte but it kept me too matte.
By the end of the night my face felt completely dehydrated and looked horrible.
My dry spots came through and note this is with serum : hydrating primer : and fix plus
I feel like as a whole I can get away with this in the summer and might even like it in the summer but in the dead of winter it's a no go.
Back to secret brightening ..

on 9/13/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder is changing my makeup game right now! I've been using Clinique's Blended Face Powder in Invisible Blend for what feels like f o r e v e r (35g of products will last you a long time, it turns out). I used to want my face to be 100% matte, and for that purpose that powder worked well. But over time I felt more and more done with the matte look, not to mention how it was starting to bother me that the powder looked a little grey-ish on my skin.

This powder leans ever so slightly towards a soft yellow undertone, giving a little bit of a brightening effect without really adding colour (I have neutral to cold undertones and anything too yellow will look very weird on me). The consistency of the powder is completely different from any loose powder I've tried before, in that it's simultaneously more finely milled and less likely to go flying everywhere. I wasn't sure how to describe the texture, but the website says this about it: "The loose powder feels luxuriously dense in the jar, feels silky-light and refined on your skin. Applies evenly. Blends effortlessly." I don't like to sound like I am uncritically buying into all of the claims, but after using the powder for a while I have to agree with that description. Once it's blended into the skin it's like it's no longer there - visually. It still does a good job of setting my foundation, but I don't look powder-y, cakey or dry the way I feel like I have when using some loose powders. It also sets my under eye area better than the Clinique powder - it doesn't look cakey nor dry.

After a few hours of use I do go from a semi-matte/satin finish to more of a dewy finish, but I'm okay with that. Especially since I feel like it's completely normal to want/need to touch up during the day - I just personally never do. Perhaps someone with proper oily skin wouldn't fare as well with this powder, but from what I understand that's what the Invisible version of the powder is for. Also, I've been using this with a fluffy powder brush and I can imagine that using a velour puff like recommended will set your foundation to last a little longer too. I've never used a velour puff to apply powder before, always thinking it seemed like too much work, but I'm actually a bit curious to see if the powder performs any different applied that way.

The price is a little bit up there (I paid 400SEK at one of the only stores in Sweden that stock Laura Mercier), but you do get quite a lot of product (1oz / 29g). Not to mention that the product itself feels luxurious. Even the packaging I like a lot - frosted plastic is stylish, it feels very sturdy and the sifter is quite great. One of my pet peeves is travelling with loose powder and having ALL the powder end up in the compartment "above" the sifter, but the combination of a good sifter and the dense consistency of the powder seems to prevent that from happening.

I'm so glad Laura Mercier went back to being cruelty free (by pulling out of the Chinese market), and here's to hoping it will stay that way. Because I will definitely want to repurchase this in the future!

on 5/28/2016 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this out because an immense amount of people were talking about this. I have really dark under eye circles so i go hard with my concealer, meaning i need a good powder to set it. I have used this simply to set and ive used this to bake with, and i can say its good for both. I dont like using this on the rest of my face, which is weird.. but i feel like it made the rest of my face look flat/chalky. Now, i hate the price because i literally cried a little when i gave the cashier a 50 dollar bill for this, but i feel like its going to take a while to get through the entire container given that its a decent sized container. Truly my only complaint about this is the price.

on 5/8/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

OK...so I usually can't use face powder AT ALL. My skin has gotten too dry and sensitive over the years. But although I'm not oily, I must use heavy duty moisturizers under my foundation, which can end up appearing shiny. I don't mind dewy, but shiny on the forehead...not so much. Especially since I have a HIGH forehead; I mean, it's big.

So sometimes I really do want to use a bit of powder, just to keep from blinding those in the vicinity of my giant shiny forehead. After quite a lot of research, a few months ago I got the smaller size (with the puff) of this. But I hadn't really needed it yet, and was still a little nervous about using powder, which often makes me look like I've got some reptilian skin disease. Today, we were going to the beach (so if it turned into a hot mess, just with my family, no biggie) and my forehead was shining away...so I grabbed this, dipped a small brush in it (I prefer a smaller brush so as not to overload on powder), gingerly dabbed on my forehead... Huh. Looked good, not dry and crinkly. So I continued down my nose and over my chin. Gulp!

A few hours later, I was checking out my face in the mirror... No shiny forehead, and no reptile skin either. Freakin' AWESOME! Now, I've tried many powders, though this is my first truly high end one. And I'm NOT oily, so the last thing I'm looking for is something that mattifies heavily. From my point of view, used sparingly, this can work for those of us who aren't oil slicks, but just need a little help in the shine department. Oh, forgot to mention, many other powders make me itchy, this did not. Colorwise, I'm fair (though no longer porcelain), neutral leaning cool. I could not detect any color added by this.

on 2/19/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The perfect powder. Looks natural, feels good, doesn't break me out. Simple.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i seriously wish i had gotten my hands on this product sooner. this powder is the bomb.com. i heard so many YouTube gurus talk about this powder so i had to give it a try...&& i was the least bit disappointed. now my skin is dry and sensitive. i only use a setting powder under my eyes where i place my creamy concealers. now when i used my old powder it would crease pretty instant and wouldn't stay n place all day. with this powder my concealer NOT ONCE creased & my under eye area appeared smoother,brighter && lasted that way the entire day. the powder is so silky, never cakes and doesn't give off a white cast n photos. i am so in love with this product my only regret is not buying the bigger size but i will repurchase time after time!

on 3/8/2012 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love love! I've been on a hunt for the perfect setting powder for sooo long. I wanted something colorless, smooth and finely milled, and not full of silica that will ruin your flash photos. This stuff is great. I this is probably 3 times the price of the setting powders I've used in the past, but it's definitely worth it. It doesn't leave any color or chalkiness (it may on dark skin, not sure), it's super smooth and finely milled, and leaves a perfect finish to your foundation, or concealer, or just a bare face. It's great for under your eyes to set your concealer too. If you get the LM Undercover Pot concealer duo, this is the powder that it comes with, so that's further evidence that it's great for setting under eye concealer. This stuff stays put, helps your foundation stay put, controls oil, doesn't stick to dry patches, and just really is a great finishing touch to your makeup. I will buy again, though it won't be for a long time since you get a ton of product which makes the price not hurt so much. The packaging is sturdy and functions very well. The sifter doesn't have huge holes and the holes are just the right size to get out the perfect amount. And then you have the big lid to get the powder on your brush or puff just the way you like it. It may be too big for travel, but you can always put some in a small travel size sifter that you can get at Sephora or TKB trading. So, one more time, I love, love, love this stuff.