Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

on 10/12/2018 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is my first setting powder ever because I never really wore face make up except for mascara and brows. This set my foundation really well, and the packaging is really pretty, actually.The product works well and I like that it makes my pores look much smaller--the new "glow" version of it sucks. It got real cakey real fast. But this one honestly is really great. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Broke me out in tiny itchy bumps from one use. I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. I think my skin hates most of the products with talc. Maybe you want to stay away from this if we share the same skin type.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I would buy this over and over, above any other powder. It's worth the price. This makes my makeup look amazing and flawless all day, even when I've been sweating!! I use a dry beauty blender to push this into my skin. And, my skin looks like silk up close and feels so soft. I highly recommend this to any skin type, but if you have flakes I would exfoliate before hand. Definitely worth the price tag to have flawless makeup all day.

on 8/14/2018 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

From a distance, I thought, wow...this looks really polished and nice. But when I looked closer (especially where I really need to set, my under eye concealer), it looked really dry and aging (I am almost 44). There are a lot of makeup products that do this, but I have never been a fan of it. Imperfect as my skin and I may be, I would rather see #nofilter look than really nice from a far, but not good up close. If you don't have the drying aging issue, nice setting powder. If you want that I look good from afar, first impression look...go for it. But if it bugs you to see the makeup on your skin...this may not be right for you. I can see why people like it, but it just wasn't good for me & my dry under eye area / face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I see what all the hype is about. It mattifies and provides a slight coverage (I do follow with UD All Nighter Setting Spray, so I can’t really comment on wear time except the combo seems to wear really well.) It sort of perfects the finished look, and as an oily gal I gravitate towards matte face products anyway. The setting spray tones down any powderiness. I bought the mini size and still going strong with it many months later (I do rotate other setting powders in sometimes though—still working on my NYC loose powder from who knows how long ago! and recently, the MJ Coconut loose powder, which sadly, I’m going to return if I can find the reciept.) It’s spendy but it’s worth a shot if you are oily. Drier types may not love this. I would actually recommend the MJ Coconut Powder for these types (also should not be acne-prone! Coconut breaks a lot of people out). Anyway, I think this may be HG material for me. I’ll update if something comes out that I love more.

I have yet to find a loose powder I like more than this... and trust me, I have been searching! The biggest downside of this product is the COST, every fleck of powder that falls off my face while I am applying legitimately pains me. But this powder is perfect for setting makeup, baking the face, and brightening. It is so silky soft and I love how it doesn’t look drying on my skin. Definitely a holy grail powder.

on 2/7/2018 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cant fault this powder. Okay the price point may not be the best but i forget about that as it does wonders for my face. Not only does it mattify my skin but it increases the wear of my makeup. Gives no flashback and feels light weight on the face. 100% recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this to set my under eyes so a full size jar is going to last me a loooong time. I personally wouldn’t recommend getting the travel size as it’s significantly smaller but only $15 cheaper so it’s not as good of value. I find if I only apply a really thin dusting it sets my under eye beautifully and lasts all day. I can’t bake with this though because my eyes look wayyyy too dry.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't want to give into the hype of this product after years of hearing people rave about it, I finally gave in. I am so impressed with this it makes myself look so smooth and flawless it looks absolutely amazing. I am so happy I bought it, I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.