Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

3.9

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Pros: Blurs out uneven skin texture nicely. Mattes and sets foundation.

Cons: Does not hold oil at bay for long. Despite putting this on, my foundations would still get oily 3 or 4 hours in. After my skin gets oily all the initial blurring/matte effect this powder had are all gone.

(Also I can never bake with this powder without feeling extremely guilty because of how expensive this product is lol)

Overall: Initial application is absolutely beautiful but considering that it doesn't last long, I don't find that this powder is worth the high price.

This is my HG loose powder! I cannot rave about this enough.

My Skin Type:
I have dry/combination skin that tends to get oily in the T-Zone area after a few hours. It is very difficult to find a powder that doesn’t cling to dry patches and also keeps oil under control. I purchased the smaller pot of this as I wasn’t sure if it would suit my skin.

How I Apply:
The small pot came with a powder puff but I never use this, instead I use the Real Techniques blusher brush which works perfectly for me.

Pros:
*Very finely milled so doesn’t look cakey, powdery or heavy.
*I use tinted moisturiser instead of foundation & set it with this powder and it makes it last so much longer.
*Doesn't leave a horrible white cast in photographs.
*Skin looks smooth & flawless.
*Doesn't cause irritation or breakouts.

Cons:
*As with most loose powders, it can get quite messy! I have accidentally got the powder on my dark coloured clothes -_-
*Expensive for a powder however in my opinion it’s worth every penny.

Overall, my go-to loose powder! I’m so happy I’ve finally found a fantastic product for my dry/combination skin. I would definitely purchase the smaller pot to test it out before making the full investment.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.

on 7/12/2017 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Youtube unfortunately made me buy this.. I have oily combination skin, and this is not helpfull at all. Is mattes you down, yet the makeup still feels wet and my skin oily. It's also not as fine as I expected, I will never use this again

on 5/19/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

At this age of 53 this seems to be the best loose powder the trick is to apply only a little bit and I make sure to put punch holes when I first open it up I keep the sticky on and just use a safety-pin otherwise too much comes out but I highly recommend this powder the only con is its price and the color selection is very few but it works wonders for older skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder (thankfully in the travel size) about a week ago. At first, I loved the application, it made my skin so matte and flawless looking. But, after even an hour of wear, I began noticing insane amounts of blotching, making my skin look reptile like. I even have oily skin, and it still somehow made my skin look dry, even after exfoliating.
The most disapointing part would be the cystic acne that formed on my face, eapecially on my cheeks. Since the fall, ive been getting my skin significantly cleared up using Obagi products, and it looked flawless before I tried this powder. Now Im broken out again. Ive stopped using it so hopefully my skin will be back to the way it was soon.

My HG powder. Everytime I use this loose powder my foundation looks flawless. The powder is fine yellow talc (no banana powder, though). I didn't experienced any problems with pictures. No ghost face. I wanted to try the silica version (translucent powder by Laura Mercier) but I experienced that silica powders oxidize my foundations (tried the NYX HD powder). You get alot and it will last a year if used sparingly. I purchased the Secret Brightener by LM because the translucent powder is a no-go for the undereye area. Mine tend to look wrinkly and dry with this powder. But that's not what the powder was intended to be. Pros: - gives a flawless finish - no ghost face on photographs - 29g of powder lasts a long time - normal to dry skin types won't have problems - finish is neither too dry nor to glowy Cons: - price (you know this was coming) - my shine comes through after 4-5 hours in winter (!) - package is not practical for traveling Overall, I will buy this product again because it gives my combination skin a flawless blurred matte finish. The hype is real.

Truly the best product for setting under the eyes. I've tried numerous translucent powders from Chanel, NYC, & recently the RCMA no colour powder (a very good dupe for the LM translucent powder if your on a budget) I purchased the mini size of this from Sephora since so many translucent powders where a major letdown, they where just missing that special something. I like to set my whole face, apart from my undereyes- with pressed powder. Lastly, I use my Sigma tapered highlighter brush to 'bake' under my eyes. The LM powder goes on so soft, yet somehow provides a little bit of extra coverage. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, & dust it off- every time, my undereyes look perfect. Not dry, cakey or any settling into fine lines (I'm 19, but a lot of powders emphasize lines that aren't visible unless product is placed over them) I also don't get any creasing, no matter which concealer I use beforehand. I recently ran out of this, and couldn't be without it & I'm patiently waiting in for it to arrive from Sephora. If you aren't sure, give the travel size a try- it lasted 9 months with pretty much daily use. Love this ♡

I've repurchased this countless of times but I gotta say, it's pretty expensive. The full sized is borderline 50$CAD and I can't believe I justify repurchasing so often. I can say, however, this is my favourite powder just because it never makes me look TOO powdery. Then again, I have acne-prone combo skin and sometimes when my skin is flaky in some areas this can emphasize all those patches. The packaging on the full sized is huge though and kind of hard to travel with. The plastic part on the top that attaches to the lid when you open and close broke on mine and it kinda broke to the point I couldn't really screw the lid on completely. It's fragile. These days I've been just buying the deluxe travel size just because I find the packaging so much easier to deal with. I might just buy the full-sized and just pour the powder into that travel size container in the future just to make my life easier... that being said, this is the only powder I use to set my makeup and I haven't found anything I like better yet.

on 3/1/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I truly dont get the hype for this product. I bought it, cause so many people were raving about it.
I've used this product in the past to bake underneath my eyes and sometimes use it as a light dusting over the rest of my face. I have rather dry skin, so this powder (if i have a bad skinday) makes my skin look dry, caked and cracked. But also using it for its original purpose (baking underneath the eyes), wasnt a great succes. I have hereditary dark circles, so i tend to use a lot of undereye concealer. My number one frustration in that regard is creasing, so i've tried this plenty of times to prevent that.
I have to say it does keep the creasing slightly more at bay (therefor 2 lippies instead of one). Creasing however does still happen, i just have to touch up less frequently. However after a couple of hours there is this visible line of cakeage on my cheekbones, which stands out majorly from the rest of my face.
I suppose, this powder would be rather nice for people with oily skin, but i just cant imagine it working for any other skintype.