Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally got this and was shocked on how disappointed I am with this. This is a cheap powder in a fancy package. I have very oily skin so I am very particular in face powders as I constantly rely on them. I just got an awful finish with this powder. It goes on way too matte and powdery even when using a tiny bit. But say in an hour, my face is oily all over again! Repeat, repeat and repeat. So basically with this powder, I was either cake face or Crisco face. In my opinion (and I know this has a big cult following), I just don't see the hype. Maybe if you have normal skin and you are using this as just a setting powder, it would be fine.

Better powder options for a lot less money: Coty Air Spun, ELF HD pressed and loose powder and Revlon Color Stay translucent.

on 9/18/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

You can get this product in two different sizes:
.33 oz - $23 USD
1 oz - $38 USD

There is also a puff available for purchase for $15 USD. They come in two finishes. Translucent and Transucent Medium Deep.

I had visited my local Sephora and scooped up a very generous sample of this product. The powder is very finely milled and feels like silk on your face. It's great for setting and for baking. I had zero flashback. I set the problem areas of my face as I layer my makeup. There really isn't anything bad I can say about this product. It's beautiful and that full ounce will made you quite awhile! There are other setting powders that really work just as good for cheaper but if you want a higher end product it is wonderful.

on 9/12/2017 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just days of using this powder and I am super in love already! I do have very oily skin so I cake often using bad powders. This is just gorgeous. It is finely milled and no matter how many times I powder throughout the day, it does not cake at all. I use this with a smaller powder brush since I like to powder on certain areas of the face more than others, well mainly in my T-zone. This just smoothes out everything and your skin looks evened out.

I find this a good investment and yeah when you buy it you would think it is expensive but I think this will last for years I think. I can't wait to use this on clients, and maybe try it with the puff too.

Holy grail status! I will definitely repurchase for sure!

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of the few powders that does the job and doesn't cause flashback in photos. Expensive but worth it and lasts forever. It is truly translucent ....and doesn't show up white like some translucent powders do.

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay. This stuff is the real deal. I hate the price, but god dangit if I'm not willing to fork it over for this magical fairy dust.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't really under stand the hype for this powder, until I tried it out for myself! HG!! My favourite way to apply this is over my foundation, with a damp beauty blender. It locks everything in, without making it look cakey at all. I love how it doesn't leave flash-back in photos either. The powder is so finely milled and makes the skin feel like silk, and look flawless. Love this!! :)

The best setting powder for combination skin. I highly recommend this. Never goes on cakey and it blurs skin to look like perfection. Very long-lasting. Does not emphasize pores or dry patches.

on 4/23/2017 5:29:00 AM