Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

3.8

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 7/6/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is really good for the first application of the day but it doesn't do retouching well.

This broke me out. For anyone that is sensitive to coconut/coconut derivatives, this has caprylic triglyceride in it so i would avoid it.

This is probably one of the best buys of 2017 for me. I use creamy foundation so this powder not only adds a touch of matt but provides such a lovely subtle shine and contouring effect as well. Furthermore, it lasts all day which is always a plus.
To use it best, dampen a makeup sponge and apply it under your eyes down to the end of your nose and then blend it. For a very contoured look apply two layers and a dab on the tip of your nose. It will make you look flawless and glowing!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This powder is probably one of the most hyped beauty products of the last few years, and I never buy into the hype immediately so I was definitely late to try it out. I have combination/oily skin, so most foundations tend to develop a shine after a couple of hours. This powder however, prolongs that BY A MILE.
I use it with a damp makeup sponge and pat it on under my eyes, on my forehead, nose etc and it's so finely milled that even if you go overboard with it, it can easily be brushed away or patted into the skin. It makes my makeup looks flawless and matte and just beautiful. I can go for most of the day without getting horribly shiny and it keeps my makeup in place very well too.
It may seem pricey for a mere powder but you get 29g (1 oz) of product so it will last me years. The packaging is great, it has a cap with holes in it to extract the powder appropriately and works a treat.

on 1/27/2017 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've tried every type of setting powder out there but nothing compares to this. It sets makeup beautifully without caking or settling into fine lines. It doesn't dry my skin out and gives a matte not fake finish that never looks powdery or heavy. Also looks great in photos. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and this keeps oil under control enough so that I may need a blot or two throughout the day tops. No reapplication necessary. It is a little pricey but I've had a travel size jar for 2 months and it's still almost full after daily use. HG wish I had shelled the money out for it sooner.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

One of the best translucent powder I've ever used! Feels very light on my face, stops most of the grease for almost the whole day, and I can just wear this out without foundation or CC cream. However, there are some flaws to this magnificent thing. Firstly, the counter people didn't tell me that THEY AIN'T GIVIN YOU NO PUFF. So I came home, and I wanted to try this out for the night-out instantly, and turns out that there ain't no puff inside. The product itself IS COSTLY, so I'm like gurl why ain't you supplying us with some puff, I mean I paid 40 bucks (VAX included) and I didn't get non of that.

How I wear it? - I either wear this on top of my foundation to set it in place and to prevent the grease, or I wear it alone on itself on days when I don't wear makeup.

Who do I recommend this product do - Anyone who has oily skin, or normal, or combination skin. I would not quite recommend this baby to people with dry skin, the reason for being this product WILL make your face looks like 3-4 shades lighter instantly, and one of the few things that help tone this issue down is your skin's natural oil. However if you are wearing oil-based moisturizer, or just skin oil, I guess you could cope with that.

Overall:
Is it great? 5/5 yeah
Issues? NO PUFF INCLUDED UGH, and quite costly.
Stops grease? Yes
Holds makeup? Meh, if you are using this for the finishing touches, I would suggest you use setting spray OVER this to REALLY set your makeup.
Do I recommend it? Sure, go for it people!

Have a lovely day, xoxo.

This is a mediocre loose powder. The good: I appreciate that it is yellow based, which is unusual but very welcomed. I also appreciate that it stands apart as a talc based loosed powder in a sea of garbage silica based loose powders. The bad: It still looks like I'm wearing powder when I use it (a small amount, lightly applied and blended out). I wouldn't call it cake face but it certainly isn't an airbrushed perfect finish by any means. It just looks like you're wearing loose powder. I believe it looks heavier than dusting my face with a full coverage powder foundation. Also, it actually makes my undereye concealer which normally doesn't crease even if it's not set look like it's creasing. I thought loose powders were supposed to decrease creasing not create more creasing.

Everyone was raving about this powder but it's nothing compared to the Coty Airspun, not by a long shot. The Translucent Coty Airspun powder is magnificent, but even the heavier Extra Coverage Coty Airspun looks way more flawless and like you aren't wearing any powder compared to this one. I don't understand how people give this such high reviews. Maybe a combination of hype and people not knowing any better what an excellent translucent powder really looks like. I really wanted to like this product but it fell short. The packaging is lovely, the frosted glass is very classy. Nice sifter. But then you open up your $38 loose powder to find it doesn't come with a powder puff. You will have to purchase that separate for another $14. I don't use powder puffs with my loose powder, but if I'm spending $38 on a loose powder I expect it to come with one. Ridiculous. I could forgive it if the product was excellent, but it is solidly mediocre. I wouldn't repurchase this product even if it was drugstore priced.

on 9/27/2016 12:58:00 AM

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

on 9/16/2016 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have oily skin and I love this powder so much! I own so many different powders because I was always trying to find something that worked and this one is so far my favorite.

I find that it works best when I use a puff and press it into my skin, I basically hit my face with it a bunch of times so that it will set and that’s worked better at controlling my oil than just using a powder brush alone. I never bothered to use the puffs that came with powders before but with this powder if I take the time to do it my skin doesn’t get oily during the day. I have dark skin and even though it is translucent, if I use too much you can see it so a little bit does go a long way. I’ve had the smaller container ( .33oz ) for about 2 months and there’s still plenty left, but when it starts getting low I would not hesitate to get the full size.

on 8/28/2016 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately for me this didn't work on many fronts. I have oily, acne prone and sensitive skin that can easily cause products to cake.

I bought this hoping against all hope I had found a line in Laura Mercier that was safe for sensitive skin. Unfortunately for me this broke me out when I used it to set my foundation. Very odd for a powder to do on me, most of the time I'm good with powders. I tried it without foundation just concealer and again I broke out in small white bumps all over.

When I use this, it sets on liquids too heavy and makes me look cakey. It didn't really do anything special to hold my foundation in place for longer.

I decided to finish this product by using it as an under eye setting powder and it works well. The only downer for me is it sets very dry and crepe like. At the end of the day this isn't a great look.

The product has lasted me a long time so I do appreciate the cost effectiveness. But all in all I just can't bring myself to repurchase.