Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 1/22/2019 7:11:00 PM

Wasn’t that impressed with this product as I am with all the other Laura Mercier products I have used. Mainly because I can’t tell the difference between this free powder and any other brand. I guess I’m more of a compact kind of girl.

on 1/4/2019 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I resisted the urge to buy what I thought was an overpriced powder that was at risk of overexposure by Youtubers. But when I saw that Sephora was selling a smaller size of along with the glow version in a set, I finally relented and made the splurge. I gotta say… this stuff must have fairy dust in it or something because it makes a huge different with undereye concealer. Everything just looks fresher, even by the end of the day. If I have a regular work day ahead, I just use a tiny amount and apply it with a setting brush and if I have a night out, I’ll use a spoenge and bake with it. Both methods work for me beautifully and proves that this powder is far superior to the competition. I will certainly purchase the original size once I’m done with the mini one.

on 1/4/2019 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am so impressed with this. I have oily skin and whatever I do in my morning makeup routine, it’s a guarantee that I will be oily in a few hours.
I don’t love powders because applying on oily skin can make it look cakey.
I had heard great reviews about this and a friend of mine, who’s skin looked flawless one day, said it was due to this product.
First application was in the morning and I was really surprised by how invisible the powder was and how flawless my skin looked. Without the powdery and sucked dry matte look. I follow up with an oily skin setting spray.
By the afternoon my skin was dewy looking and the powder had not oxidised. I decided to pat in some more powder to see how that worked and again, my skin looked lovely. Not cakey or patchy.
I also have fine lines around my eyes and this did not settle in them either, most powders do.
I will buy this again, I love it, it makes my skin look lovely. It isn’t cheap but you get a lot of product so it will last ages. More so than a pressed powder. I got this with an offer and when I come to rebuy, I will look for an offer again.
I do recommend this, especially for us oily skinned ladies.

on 1/4/2019 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is not a horrible powder but I won't buy it again. I have been spoiled by Charlotte Tilbury's Airbrush Flawless Finish Pressed Powder, which I can even use under my eyes because the finish is so natural-looking. Even RCMA's No Color Powder works better for me than Laura Mercier's loose powder, and RCMA is much cheaper. There are many products to love in the Laura Mercier line besides this one. I really like Laura's Tinted Moisturizer, foundations, and Caviar Sticks. But this powder doesn't sink into my skin seamlessly the way the others do and it looks especially terrible when I use it to set my concealer. It looks cakey and obvious. For that reason, it is not worth the high price to me.

on 11/16/2018 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I liked this but its not worth its £30 price tag. I bought mine on an offer so it was more cost effective but I wouldn’t repurchase. It is quite a thick powder, not finely milled at all and although oil controlling properties are good, it very much depends on the liquid foundation you pair this with in order to see its benefits. This did wonders for my Clinique Beyond Perfecting and Urban Decay Naked Skin; but nothing for my MAC foundations. One tub lasted me only 5 months which was also slightly disappointing - I seemed to need to use a lot of this to set my face appropriately.

Good but not incredible considering the price.

on 10/12/2018 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is my first setting powder ever because I never really wore face make up except for mascara and brows. This set my foundation really well, and the packaging is really pretty, actually.The product works well and I like that it makes my pores look much smaller--the new "glow" version of it sucks. It got real cakey real fast. But this one honestly is really great. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE it. This is the first loose setting powder I have purchased after switching from pressed powders and I'll never go back. Makes the under eye very smooth and sets my foundation all day. The powder is finely milled and dispenses from the container easily. I do have to blot my forehead sometimes in the late afternoon but I have very oily skin so I think it's just me.

on 9/26/2018 8:02:00 AM

This product looks great on, and is in easy to use packaging, however I am very allergic to it. It caused my whole face to itch intensely, including eyes and I got very dark under the eyes during the reaction. I might expect this from a cheap product. But this is expensive and has such a good reputation overall, so I was very surprised how horrible it was for me. Surely I can’t be the only person out there allergic to this product. So I don’t recommend it to anyone.

This powder is one of the best I've tried to make sure my concealer & foundation NEVER CREASE or BUDGE (I don't bake!)

It's very finely milled and just makes everything come together on my face. How come I haven't given it a 5/5? Well...

It makes my under-eyes look extremely dry...To the point where I can't use this daily since it's looks like I've put on a ton of makeup.

However: This powder is FANTASTIC (and probably the best) for flash/4K/HD photography as well as videos. So it's fantastic for screen actors!!

Purchase this powder if:
- You love an extreme matte look
- You are a screen actor
- Going to take some HD photos/videos with natural light & flash
- Just FED UP with creasing

Don't purchase if:
- You want a natural look (no makeup makeup!)
- have a dry eye area
- Have very mature skin (unless you want to look very dry!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Broke me out in tiny itchy bumps from one use. I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. I think my skin hates most of the products with talc. Maybe you want to stay away from this if we share the same skin type.