Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 5/23/2018 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

I bought this because of all the great reviews out there. But I don't get it. I've tried putting this on the way they show you on the videos with playing with the puff and pressing and rolling and with a fluffy brush. Either way it turns me so matte that my skin looks flat and not flawless. I am very disappointed.

on 5/18/2018 3:31:00 AM

I bought this product because it had great reviews and I was very disappointed. It didn’t really do much for me, I’m yellow toned and this powder makes my foundation look pinkish grey. It doesn’t work well with certain foundations and I found that it would actually cause my foundation to bunch up and made my skin look gross and scaly. I’ve tried multiple methods of application and it still made my makeup bunch up. The packaging was also annoying because I had to shake it multiple times to get the right amount of product out. Overall, does not work well for dry skin and is overpriced and overhyped. I’ve tried $5 drugstore powders that I actually prefer over this $50 one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Light and feathery, I'd consider this to be the perfect powder for under-eyes. It does an excellent job of bringing light and luminosity to the face, and not leaving a cast on it. I find it to be mattifying as well, so it'll definitely accentuate dry spots - be sure to moisturize properly prior to use, and you can avoid the caked look if you sweep brush powder off or on. Pricey, but long lasting since you don't need a lot of it.

on 5/7/2018 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Okay, the hype is real with this one. I was really curious to try this translucent loose powder and yes, it delivers. I have oily, acne-prone skin, so I am always on the lookout for the most mattifying powder that doesn't cake up or irritate my skin. It is a very fine, silky powder which applies like a dream and never looks cakey or patchy. It keeps me nice and matte throughout the day (I pair it with a matte foundation and mattifying primer, so I don't know which product contributes the most to that tbh). The package is nice; a big, sturdy container with a twist sifter inside, so you can determine how much to poor out by rotating it. When travelling, you don't have to be afraid to open the cap and see half your powder fly everywhere - which it does already a bit because it is so finely milled, be careful! The one downside is the cost; a little cheaper would be nice.

on 5/3/2018 7:28:00 PM

I’m a little frustrated because everyone really loves this powder and I just can’t get it to work for me!

When I bake with it, it actually darkens my concealer (Tarte Shapetape). I know a lot of people use that concealer with this powder so I’m not sure why it reacts with my skin like that (yes - I’m using the translucent powder and not one with a tint). I even tested out my paranoia by only doing one side of my face with the powder (spritz’d with setting spray) and then going downstairs. My fiancé (without being prompted) asked me why my face was two different colors and why the left side looked “crunchy”. When I asked him what that meant he said dry, powdery, and my pores were more obvious on the powdered side of my face.

I’ve tried damp sponges, puffs, different brushes, more powder, and less powder! I plan to continue trying different things. Maybe one day I’ll be able to come back and bump the rating up!

I have yet to find a loose powder I like more than this... and trust me, I have been searching! The biggest downside of this product is the COST, every fleck of powder that falls off my face while I am applying legitimately pains me. But this powder is perfect for setting makeup, baking the face, and brightening. It is so silky soft and I love how it doesn’t look drying on my skin. Definitely a holy grail powder.

on 5/1/2018 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like the Loose Powder in Ivory because it has a light hint of color in it, however it's no longer available. I really like the feeling of this powder. It doesn't leave my face too matte. It's enough matte, but still has a nice silky feeling to it.

on 4/14/2018 7:20:00 AM

Bought this to see what the hype was about. I’ve only tried a few loose powders and this is one of the best! It feels light on the skin and sets my smile lines well. However I don’t like to bake using it on my undereyes it just feels really dry as if i can’t move my face. The price is alright to say how much product you do get however I wish it was a bit more cheaper like around £20

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this powder. I have oily-normal skin and it really helps the oily t-zone stay nice and matte all day. I have also discovered "baking" and this works great for that purpose, as its quite silky and sheer and doesn't turn my face white, thanks to the translucency it is celebrated for. After blending everything with my beauty blender, I whisk this on with a large powder brush and voila, a flawless, youthful complexion. With this my face feels soft and silky and does't settle in my creases. This famed powder delivers on all its promises and I will happily re-purchase.