Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

YouTube made me buy this and now I'm on my 3rd jar. I use for this for baking and all over setting. It's not too drying, it's finely milled , smooth, and doesn't alter your base colour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this for a stupid but logical reason I heard raves about this so I wanted to try it for argument sake since I loved the secret brightening powder however the pot is so small I ran out of it too quickly and this big ol thing caught my eye
I have oily skin in the middle dry all over and I try my best to compensate for the two ( serums , exfoliate when needed , dewy setting sprays ) however because I'm oily too I have to set everything I put on .. in other words when I do reviews I make sure it's not something I'm doing or changed.
This was good, blurred my pores, gave me a nice brightening finish in the middle of my face where i need it.
Didn't feel chalky it felt nice on the skin and it did keep me matte but it kept me too matte.
By the end of the night my face felt completely dehydrated and looked horrible.
My dry spots came through and note this is with serum : hydrating primer : and fix plus
I feel like as a whole I can get away with this in the summer and might even like it in the summer but in the dead of winter it's a no go.
Back to secret brightening ..

on 12/29/2016 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder, but it doesn't do everything I wish it would. Don't get me wrong though - for what it does do, it's amazing!
Pros: It sets my foundation on my t-zone perfectly. Keeps oil away and adds a little extra coverage (definitely not as translucent as I thought it would be, but I'm actually kind of happy about that, tbh). It cleans up my contour SO nicely, leaving my lines more defined. It also is the only powder that stops foundation from settling into my fine lines! I have smile lines and a wrinkle straight across my forehead, and this stuff keeps it from gunking up. So awesome!

Cons: I can't use it under my eyes, because it's so drying. I have to use a separate powder to set my under- eye concealer. I also can't use it to set my foundation all over my face because it does look a tad powdery.

Price: it's expensive. But for my personal needs, it's worth it.

Packaging: It's good. A jar with a sifter that you can shake into a twist off lid. Some powders in this type of packaging are impossible to dispense but this one comes out easily.

Tips: I definitely recommend using a setting spray with this powder to make the finish look more natural. Try to just use this on your oily areas because it can be quite drying.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

One of the best translucent powder I've ever used! Feels very light on my face, stops most of the grease for almost the whole day, and I can just wear this out without foundation or CC cream. However, there are some flaws to this magnificent thing. Firstly, the counter people didn't tell me that THEY AIN'T GIVIN YOU NO PUFF. So I came home, and I wanted to try this out for the night-out instantly, and turns out that there ain't no puff inside. The product itself IS COSTLY, so I'm like gurl why ain't you supplying us with some puff, I mean I paid 40 bucks (VAX included) and I didn't get non of that.

How I wear it? - I either wear this on top of my foundation to set it in place and to prevent the grease, or I wear it alone on itself on days when I don't wear makeup.

Who do I recommend this product do - Anyone who has oily skin, or normal, or combination skin. I would not quite recommend this baby to people with dry skin, the reason for being this product WILL make your face looks like 3-4 shades lighter instantly, and one of the few things that help tone this issue down is your skin's natural oil. However if you are wearing oil-based moisturizer, or just skin oil, I guess you could cope with that.

Overall:
Is it great? 5/5 yeah
Issues? NO PUFF INCLUDED UGH, and quite costly.
Stops grease? Yes
Holds makeup? Meh, if you are using this for the finishing touches, I would suggest you use setting spray OVER this to REALLY set your makeup.
Do I recommend it? Sure, go for it people!

Have a lovely day, xoxo.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought a small size of this highly touted translucent loose powder at Sephora and I can see why it gets so many raves. It's finely milled and goes on beautifully without looking chalky.
It does give me a lovely finish to my foundation, although it can be a bit drying/matte. This is ideal for normal/combo or oily skin types. My skin seems to be going through changes (hormonal) and anything drying/matte isn't flattering.

I said no to re-purchasing because I prefer Shiseido's translucent loose powder. It goes on a bit sheerer than LM's version and it's translucent in the true meaning. Plus it's not as drying/matte.

It's still a great product and I still enjoy LM base products. I just don't love this one enough to re-purchase.

on 10/13/2016 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After using up last of my old HG powder which was discontinued years ago I was on the hunt. I've always been a fan of loose translucent powder as I have dry skin and and only use powder to set my foundation and keep it from transferring. The texture of this is wonderful, it's soft and finely milled. It blends wonderfully with foundation and doesn't look cakey, dry, or heavy. This does have some color to it and is slightly yellow, I find the yellow to be flattering and help reduce surface redness. Those with really fair skin may want to test first since this does have some color to it. Wear is about average, photographs well. Fairly large container so I fell like it helps offset the price. There is a handy sifter in the lid, though I wished it closed like the Laura Mercier mineral powder. Puff not included, but a drug store cheapie will work just fine. I would definitely repurchase.

on 6/15/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this powder is good depending on what you are looking for in a powder
for one thing it did keep me matte, i could go 8+ hours depending on the day and the weather without getting oily skin. even today I wore it underneath my liquid foundation and even though I sat in the sun wearing jeans and i could feel my face sweating, i still did not produce any oil on my cheeks, chin or in between my forehead

however, the reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5 was because for me it made me look too matte, and thus, dried out. I do like the dewy look but unfortunately it doesn't work on me, so I strive for a natural leaning satin finish which this powder does not do. i feel like for the price i could easily find a powder that works better for me, however, for those of you looking for a powder that will keep you matte for 8 hours, and who like the matte finish, I highly recommend this.

on 5/8/2016 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

OK...so I usually can't use face powder AT ALL. My skin has gotten too dry and sensitive over the years. But although I'm not oily, I must use heavy duty moisturizers under my foundation, which can end up appearing shiny. I don't mind dewy, but shiny on the forehead...not so much. Especially since I have a HIGH forehead; I mean, it's big.

So sometimes I really do want to use a bit of powder, just to keep from blinding those in the vicinity of my giant shiny forehead. After quite a lot of research, a few months ago I got the smaller size (with the puff) of this. But I hadn't really needed it yet, and was still a little nervous about using powder, which often makes me look like I've got some reptilian skin disease. Today, we were going to the beach (so if it turned into a hot mess, just with my family, no biggie) and my forehead was shining away...so I grabbed this, dipped a small brush in it (I prefer a smaller brush so as not to overload on powder), gingerly dabbed on my forehead... Huh. Looked good, not dry and crinkly. So I continued down my nose and over my chin. Gulp!

A few hours later, I was checking out my face in the mirror... No shiny forehead, and no reptile skin either. Freakin' AWESOME! Now, I've tried many powders, though this is my first truly high end one. And I'm NOT oily, so the last thing I'm looking for is something that mattifies heavily. From my point of view, used sparingly, this can work for those of us who aren't oil slicks, but just need a little help in the shine department. Oh, forgot to mention, many other powders make me itchy, this did not. Colorwise, I'm fair (though no longer porcelain), neutral leaning cool. I could not detect any color added by this.

on 3/31/2016 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use this product on days that I anticipate my skin becoming a bit oilier than normal. I apply the loose powder setting powder over my foundation (mainly on my forehead) and over my under eye concealer. After using the translucent powder, my foundation remained matte and in place over a twelve hour food serving shift. Impressive!
Beyond the formula, the price is pretty great. $38 for a container that should last for a long time with sparing use (which I recommend).
Thankfully the yellow tint of this setting powder compliments my skin tone as the product isn't quite translucent. Further, the powder is heavier than other setting powders that I have used in the past (NYX HD finishing powder). Because of this, this powder will likely cause your foundation to become cakey if you apply more than a tiny bit. I would not recommend this product to anyone with any dryness or extremely pale skin.

on 2/19/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The perfect powder. Looks natural, feels good, doesn't break me out. Simple.