Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

3.8

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 11/5/2017 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this powder. I don't think it makes my skin matte at all, because ten minutes after applying this my skin is super shiny, however, it does minimize my pores and texture like a boss! I have bumpy skin due to acne scars and active breakouts and this sweeps over them to make my face look perfectly smooth! Definitely recommend!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally got this and was shocked on how disappointed I am with this. This is a cheap powder in a fancy package. I have very oily skin so I am very particular in face powders as I constantly rely on them. I just got an awful finish with this powder. It goes on way too matte and powdery even when using a tiny bit. But say in an hour, my face is oily all over again! Repeat, repeat and repeat. So basically with this powder, I was either cake face or Crisco face. In my opinion (and I know this has a big cult following), I just don't see the hype. Maybe if you have normal skin and you are using this as just a setting powder, it would be fine.

Better powder options for a lot less money: Coty Air Spun, ELF HD pressed and loose powder and Revlon Color Stay translucent.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i am so disappointed in this powder. i have very oily skin, and this has ZERO staying power. cornstarch works better than this on my skin. i found myself having to reapply this 5 times in an 8 hour period, and i was still oily. i dont understand why this is a cult favorite.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best powder for oily skin!! But use only a small amount otherwise it will look cakey!

on 11/7/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is on the expensive side but I think it is so worth it and it lasts a long time! I have oily skin and use this to bake my face every morning, focusing on my under-eye concealer. It doesn't stop creasing for me because I have a lot of fine lines, but it definitely does delay it! It also makes my oily skin have a really nice finish and I only have to retouch on very humid or hot days.

on 9/16/2016 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have oily skin and I love this powder so much! I own so many different powders because I was always trying to find something that worked and this one is so far my favorite.

I find that it works best when I use a puff and press it into my skin, I basically hit my face with it a bunch of times so that it will set and that’s worked better at controlling my oil than just using a powder brush alone. I never bothered to use the puffs that came with powders before but with this powder if I take the time to do it my skin doesn’t get oily during the day. I have dark skin and even though it is translucent, if I use too much you can see it so a little bit does go a long way. I’ve had the smaller container ( .33oz ) for about 2 months and there’s still plenty left, but when it starts getting low I would not hesitate to get the full size.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I heard so many great things about this product, for my birthday my best friend bought it for me.
I have to say I am [retty disappointed and less than impressed.
It is a translucent powder but does leave a white cast to my medium skin tone.
Also, my makeup and skin did not look that good.
It looked made-up and not at all natural looking.
I do not like to look like I am wearing makeup and this definitely gave that look.
I normally do not use foundation and only use concealer with a setting powder (normally the airspun powder or sometimes the ELF HD).
This was just a huge letdown.
I even tried setting a couple of foundations and concealers. Still no good.
Skin did not look as nice and it still left that light cast to the skin.
I could not believe that it did not have a nicer look on the skin.
I only gave it a 3rd lippy because I did not get as shiny with it as I do with other powders.
For the price, I expect way better than this.
I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG status! I usually use HD powders, MAC, MUFE, Nars, Cargo blu ray compact powder(discontinued?) and Rimmel Stay matte. I picked the travel size of LM translucent and OMG, this powder is so finely milled and smooth. I can't believe I waited this long to try to. Better late than never. I've been using the travel size for 3 months straight and still a lot of product left. Will repurchase when the travel size runs out.

on 2/28/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a nice setting powder in that it has a good texture, is translucent, and is decent at oil control. But there are many other powders, loose and pressed, for much cheaper (neutrogena oil control, nyx hd setting powder, coty airspun) that perform the same as LM. There are other high end powders for the same price that perform much better (mufe hd loose and pressed, tarte smooth operator powder, nars lrp, MAC blot, UD deslick), so I wouldn't buy the LM again. Not bad at all but certainly not worth the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is good stuff. Light weight and natural looking. If you are familiar with the hg chanel loose powder, this is quite similar. But the finishing for the LM loose powder is not as matte as chanel. One major advantage why i will repurchase is the price point. LM is more affordable. goes well undereyes too. wont look cakey.