Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 3/24/2007 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The MA at laura recommended this powder.. according to him it works like magic.. its finely milled.. non-caking..and all the praises that an innocent buyer like me could hear.. so i gave it a try since he gave me samples of LM silk creme... i was so excited that day that upon reaching my dorm i immediately washed my face.. put on the LM silk creme.. and dusted the loose powder.. the following day.. i noticed small eeky bumps... as in EEWWness.. coz the bumps looked like the ones you see on reptile's skin.. how eeky could that get!?> so i researched the internet.and i found out that it contains cornstarch (which is a breeding place of bacteria) and ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE.. on a site i viewed , that ingredient was rated 5/5 for its acnegenic potentials.. so.,. i only use laura for the people i love (for those who arent allergic to them.. oh god im so jealous).. this powder served only as one of my show off products in my make up trunk.. poor me..

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. The powder created a scale-like effect when applied. I used it to set my NARS radiant creamy concealer and it made my skin look like a reptile!

I tried using more and less product, but it always had the same result. Especially for the price, the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder is not worth it for me. I bought the 0.33 oz travel size for $23. That's about $69 an oz!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this powder! I have been using this steady for a week now and I adore it so much! After using the Makeupforever Hd powder for a few times and being very disappointed in the powder and the white cast that occurred in my pictures I gave up on the idea of translucent powder. Then I read reviews about this one and decided to give this a go. I have in the past tried bobbi browns yellow loose powder but didn't like that one that much either. So I went in my local sephora and found this, grabbed the last one (which lets me know this is popular) and bought it for $34 bucks. Tried this the next day after my foundation and fell in love! It glides over the skin so smoothly and blends like a dream! The powder is very finely milled and has a tint of yellow/brown to it that isn't very striking like white loose powders. I noticed this gave me almost a glow to my skin and didn't have any white cast in my photographs! It also is great at controlling my oil during the day and it is a great touch up powder as it won't leave your face cakey like other powders will. There is tons of product in it that I'm sure will last me forever! I would definitely recommend this to everyone!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I see what all the hype is about. It mattifies and provides a slight coverage (I do follow with UD All Nighter Setting Spray, so I can’t really comment on wear time except the combo seems to wear really well.) It sort of perfects the finished look, and as an oily gal I gravitate towards matte face products anyway. The setting spray tones down any powderiness. I bought the mini size and still going strong with it many months later (I do rotate other setting powders in sometimes though—still working on my NYC loose powder from who knows how long ago! and recently, the MJ Coconut loose powder, which sadly, I’m going to return if I can find the reciept.) It’s spendy but it’s worth a shot if you are oily. Drier types may not love this. I would actually recommend the MJ Coconut Powder for these types (also should not be acne-prone! Coconut breaks a lot of people out). Anyway, I think this may be HG material for me. I’ll update if something comes out that I love more.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't really understand the hype of this setting powder. it does not make your face feel smooth like other setting powders, it cakes after 4 hours, and feels heavy on the skin. maybe I'll give it another try someday but as of now, I'll pass on this. the tarte setting powder works much better than this.

on 1/11/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder has changed my makeup game completely! First I bought this in the travel size (with the powder puff) because I didn't want to commit buying the original size until I was sure I liked this. This blew me away and I questioned why didn't I try Laura Mercier's line sooner. This powder is finely milled and blends effortlessly whether it's with a powder brush, kabuki, or powder puff. This is a translucent powder with a slight hint of color, but it's not noticeable on the skin. Also this isn't made of silica or contain SPF so the beauty of this product is no flashback! It gives more of a satin finish rather than matte and I like that. This sets my makeup beautifully, especially my concealer on my under eyes doesn't crease anymore. I will repurchase this in the full size and continue using this powder. Thank you Laura Mercier~

Pros:
- Translucent shade, doesn't add more color
- Travel size is portable to use
- Blends easily
- Sets and controls oils on the face
- Satin finish, not matte or powdery looking
- No flashback
- Blurring effect

Cons:
- Pricy
- Loose powder formula can be messy to work with
- Paper over the holes is what's keeping the product from spilling everywhere
- Made of French Cashmere Talc (do some research and test it on a small section of skin if you're allergic to talc)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this powder. I have oily-normal skin and it really helps the oily t-zone stay nice and matte all day. I have also discovered "baking" and this works great for that purpose, as its quite silky and sheer and doesn't turn my face white, thanks to the translucency it is celebrated for. After blending everything with my beauty blender, I whisk this on with a large powder brush and voila, a flawless, youthful complexion. With this my face feels soft and silky and does't settle in my creases. This famed powder delivers on all its promises and I will happily re-purchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.

on 11/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

good, but not the best, for setting under eye concealer. can be chalky on my nc44 skin. it doesn't keep my skin matte as other, less expensive powders do.

on 9/22/2006 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I do use LM's loose powder but I use it in beige (see my review there). I've tried the translucent but, even though it claims not to leave any color, it does lighten my skin and leaves a slight "ghost" effect. I do have tan, East Indian skin and I've told the SA's the translucent doesn't work on me but they keep trying to push it on me. The beige, on the other hand, is a much better match for my skin so I suggest that any of you girls that have darker, ethnic skins to go for the beige instead of the translucent (other than the translucent shade, I love the powder's finish and its my fave)!