Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this powder. I have oily-normal skin and it really helps the oily t-zone stay nice and matte all day. I have also discovered "baking" and this works great for that purpose, as its quite silky and sheer and doesn't turn my face white, thanks to the translucency it is celebrated for. After blending everything with my beauty blender, I whisk this on with a large powder brush and voila, a flawless, youthful complexion. With this my face feels soft and silky and does't settle in my creases. This famed powder delivers on all its promises and I will happily re-purchase.

on 2/23/2018 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have used this product for years. Although it wasn't until this week that I realized, I was applying it wrong. I have found using a puff and pressing it into the skin (instead of using a powder brush) has been amazing. The area that has benefited the most and that I'm thrilled about is under my eyes. No more transferring of mascara and eyeliner on my lower lid. Maybe not 100% but definitely 95% or better. I'm so happy!!!!!! For my oily skin, this paired with Almay's TLC foundation is HG.

on 1/12/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have already seen this not work for me so many times but because I spent so much money on it I want to find a use for it. I have oily skin and if I don't use too much of it, it looks great when I first put it on but I'm oily in a half hour. If I cake it on I look 30 years older it makes me my lines more obvious and I'm oily in 3 hours if I try to blot when I'm wearing this nothing happens I'm still oily, have way to much shine its like the powder creates a buffer so I can't pick up oils unless I touch my face with my hands which I try not to do. I'll go back to using the rimmel stay matte pressed powder and declutter this to a friend with dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't want to give into the hype of this product after years of hearing people rave about it, I finally gave in. I am so impressed with this it makes myself look so smooth and flawless it looks absolutely amazing. I am so happy I bought it, I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this setting powder for years. Love it, keeps me matte all day, allows my foundation and concealer to stay locked in place on my oily skin. Pairs beautifully with a setting spray. The only downside is you do not get much product. Would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Comparable to the Kat von d lock-it setting powder. Love the fine texture makes my under eye look smooth and allows my contour to not go on patchy. However it does have some flashback.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you heard a lot of this powder it`s because it`s worth its money. It gives the face such a delicate touch and look! It cannot be compared to any drugstore setting powder (and trust me..i TRIED). It can make any foundation last longer on the skin without giving it that heavily powder look.
TIP: It lasts longer on the skin when you bake with it, rather than applying it and then wiping it off with the brush/beauty blender.
Save your money and invest in this. It WORKS.

on 9/18/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

You can get this product in two different sizes:
.33 oz - $23 USD
1 oz - $38 USD

There is also a puff available for purchase for $15 USD. They come in two finishes. Translucent and Transucent Medium Deep.

I had visited my local Sephora and scooped up a very generous sample of this product. The powder is very finely milled and feels like silk on your face. It's great for setting and for baking. I had zero flashback. I set the problem areas of my face as I layer my makeup. There really isn't anything bad I can say about this product. It's beautiful and that full ounce will made you quite awhile! There are other setting powders that really work just as good for cheaper but if you want a higher end product it is wonderful.

on 9/12/2017 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just days of using this powder and I am super in love already! I do have very oily skin so I cake often using bad powders. This is just gorgeous. It is finely milled and no matter how many times I powder throughout the day, it does not cake at all. I use this with a smaller powder brush since I like to powder on certain areas of the face more than others, well mainly in my T-zone. This just smoothes out everything and your skin looks evened out.

I find this a good investment and yeah when you buy it you would think it is expensive but I think this will last for years I think. I can't wait to use this on clients, and maybe try it with the puff too.

Holy grail status! I will definitely repurchase for sure!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this powder, i do not like the price, though. It is just a setting powder, there is no coverage or anything that truly justifies it's price. The reason why I would repurchase it is because it is the only powder that I can bake with that does not make me look like a cake face when I am done. I have used two other powders (Senegence translucent powder, you get it through a distributor, and the LA pro girl translucent powder) and they made me look hilarious and I thought I would never be able to bake my face and have flawless looking skin. I use it so I can keep my oil from shining through, I even use mattifying primers and it never fails, my oils still come through unless I bake my face. I do wish that the packaging had a twisty thing to keep the powder from spilling out on the inside, that is the reason for the 3 star on packaging, when I open it, the powder can spill out if I am not careful.