Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

on 8/14/2018 2:33:00 AM

Everyone raves about this powder so I thought I’d try it. At first, I used my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and baked with this powder. It went so cakey and patchy, even boys at work noticed. I tried it out once more, used it more lightly than baking and with a different concealer, same thing! I wish I could’ve made it work :(.

on 8/5/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I didn't want to believe the hype! This powder is fantastic. I have both the Translucent and the Medium Deep and love them to bits! I use Medium Deep to set my primer and foundations. I use I can use Translucent to do this but I prefer to use this for setting my under-eye highlight.

This powder is the most finely milled powder I've ever used. It disappears into the skin but does not leave a 'cake face' finish. When I set my primer with this I find that I do not have to blot throughout the day except for the tip of my nose once or twice.

I've not experienced any flashback in photos with either one of the colors and I love how natural it feels on the skin.

The holes in the sifter can be problematic. I had to remove it and enlarge them a little to get a better flow when I shake the container.

The price is very high...you don't even get a powder puff, but I love the results so much that I'm willing to pay it. A little bit goes a long way. I've only needed to replace the Medium Deep once in a 12 month period.

on 7/25/2018 11:47:00 AM

I am really loving this powder, literally helped me with my oily T-zone, and also helped with the creases I had under my eyes. It keeps your skin soooo soft, one of the best powders I have ever tried, I highly recommend it ♡.

on 6/22/2018 11:28:00 PM

This has been my favorite setting powder for a few years now. It is finely milled, but not too fine so you are breathing it in when applying. It does a great job setting my under-eyes, and foundation.

on 6/9/2018 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This made me look ashy and dull. I tried it with several different foundations and it just made my skin look so dead and uneven. Plus it's loaded with acne triggering ingredients (corn starch,ethilexil palmitate,soybean oil they are all there)

I bought this because of all the great reviews out there. But I don't get it. I've tried putting this on the way they show you on the videos with playing with the puff and pressing and rolling and with a fluffy brush. Either way it turns me so matte that my skin looks flat and not flawless. I am very disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Light and feathery, I'd consider this to be the perfect powder for under-eyes. It does an excellent job of bringing light and luminosity to the face, and not leaving a cast on it. I find it to be mattifying as well, so it'll definitely accentuate dry spots - be sure to moisturize properly prior to use, and you can avoid the caked look if you sweep brush powder off or on. Pricey, but long lasting since you don't need a lot of it.

on 5/3/2018 7:28:00 PM

I’m a little frustrated because everyone really loves this powder and I just can’t get it to work for me!

When I bake with it, it actually darkens my concealer (Tarte Shapetape). I know a lot of people use that concealer with this powder so I’m not sure why it reacts with my skin like that (yes - I’m using the translucent powder and not one with a tint). I even tested out my paranoia by only doing one side of my face with the powder (spritz’d with setting spray) and then going downstairs. My fiancé (without being prompted) asked me why my face was two different colors and why the left side looked “crunchy”. When I asked him what that meant he said dry, powdery, and my pores were more obvious on the powdered side of my face.

I’ve tried damp sponges, puffs, different brushes, more powder, and less powder! I plan to continue trying different things. Maybe one day I’ll be able to come back and bump the rating up!

I have yet to find a loose powder I like more than this... and trust me, I have been searching! The biggest downside of this product is the COST, every fleck of powder that falls off my face while I am applying legitimately pains me. But this powder is perfect for setting makeup, baking the face, and brightening. It is so silky soft and I love how it doesn’t look drying on my skin. Definitely a holy grail powder.

I love this powder it prolongs my foundation. It it fabulous for baking the under eyes and t zone as well as just a all over setting powder. This product is long lasting and keeps well. I would highly recommend it