Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

I bought this because of all the great reviews out there. But I don't get it. I've tried putting this on the way they show you on the videos with playing with the puff and pressing and rolling and with a fluffy brush. Either way it turns me so matte that my skin looks flat and not flawless. I am very disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Light and feathery, I'd consider this to be the perfect powder for under-eyes. It does an excellent job of bringing light and luminosity to the face, and not leaving a cast on it. I find it to be mattifying as well, so it'll definitely accentuate dry spots - be sure to moisturize properly prior to use, and you can avoid the caked look if you sweep brush powder off or on. Pricey, but long lasting since you don't need a lot of it.

on 5/3/2018 7:28:00 PM

I’m a little frustrated because everyone really loves this powder and I just can’t get it to work for me!

When I bake with it, it actually darkens my concealer (Tarte Shapetape). I know a lot of people use that concealer with this powder so I’m not sure why it reacts with my skin like that (yes - I’m using the translucent powder and not one with a tint). I even tested out my paranoia by only doing one side of my face with the powder (spritz’d with setting spray) and then going downstairs. My fiancé (without being prompted) asked me why my face was two different colors and why the left side looked “crunchy”. When I asked him what that meant he said dry, powdery, and my pores were more obvious on the powdered side of my face.

I’ve tried damp sponges, puffs, different brushes, more powder, and less powder! I plan to continue trying different things. Maybe one day I’ll be able to come back and bump the rating up!

I have yet to find a loose powder I like more than this... and trust me, I have been searching! The biggest downside of this product is the COST, every fleck of powder that falls off my face while I am applying legitimately pains me. But this powder is perfect for setting makeup, baking the face, and brightening. It is so silky soft and I love how it doesn’t look drying on my skin. Definitely a holy grail powder.

I love this powder it prolongs my foundation. It it fabulous for baking the under eyes and t zone as well as just a all over setting powder. This product is long lasting and keeps well. I would highly recommend it

I keep repurchasing this product even though it is not my favorite. I have combo/oily skin. The finish is beautiful initially, but I am oily after an hour. I have tried many different foundation/application methods and have the same results. The packaging is okay, it can be a little messy dispensing product. Overall, it is a meh product to me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

I've heard about people talking about this product for years. It was finally accessible via travel sizes at Sephora, so I decided to grab a tub to see if there was truth to the hype.

I didn't hold out much hope pouring a tiny bit amount into the lid, as it looked a bit chalky. I figured that since I had laid down $28 dollars plus tax, and I would just have to find a way to make it work - because $30 is a lot of money to throw away. Once I put the puff down, I saw just how smoothly it applied. My skin didn't look powdery or chalky, but it looked incredibly smooth - plus, it felt like silk when gliding across my skin. And even five hours later, there's minimal shine and my skin still looks smooth.

Plus, just a tiny bit went a long way.

I think I'll be purchasing a back up just in case Sephora decides to get rid of this at some point.

on 12/22/2017 8:04:00 AM

i use it after the tinted cream of Laura Mercier and it does a great job. great product 😋

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!