Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

I've heard about people talking about this product for years. It was finally accessible via travel sizes at Sephora, so I decided to grab a tub to see if there was truth to the hype.

I didn't hold out much hope pouring a tiny bit amount into the lid, as it looked a bit chalky. I figured that since I had laid down $28 dollars plus tax, and I would just have to find a way to make it work - because $30 is a lot of money to throw away. Once I put the puff down, I saw just how smoothly it applied. My skin didn't look powdery or chalky, but it looked incredibly smooth - plus, it felt like silk when gliding across my skin. And even five hours later, there's minimal shine and my skin still looks smooth.

Plus, just a tiny bit went a long way.

I think I'll be purchasing a back up just in case Sephora decides to get rid of this at some point.

on 12/22/2017 8:04:00 AM

i use it after the tinted cream of Laura Mercier and it does a great job. great product 😋

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

This powder was just okay for me. I wish it kept my face from getting oily so quick. The packaging is beautiful I must say, but don't think the price tag should be what it is. For my full review head over to my blog beautybyprincessmaitland@gmail.com

This is my HG loose powder! I cannot rave about this enough.

My Skin Type:
I have dry/combination skin that tends to get oily in the T-Zone area after a few hours. It is very difficult to find a powder that doesn’t cling to dry patches and also keeps oil under control. I purchased the smaller pot of this as I wasn’t sure if it would suit my skin.

How I Apply:
The small pot came with a powder puff but I never use this, instead I use the Real Techniques blusher brush which works perfectly for me.

Pros:
*Very finely milled so doesn’t look cakey, powdery or heavy.
*I use tinted moisturiser instead of foundation & set it with this powder and it makes it last so much longer.
*Doesn't leave a horrible white cast in photographs.
*Skin looks smooth & flawless.
*Doesn't cause irritation or breakouts.

Cons:
*As with most loose powders, it can get quite messy! I have accidentally got the powder on my dark coloured clothes -_-
*Expensive for a powder however in my opinion it’s worth every penny.

Overall, my go-to loose powder! I’m so happy I’ve finally found a fantastic product for my dry/combination skin. I would definitely purchase the smaller pot to test it out before making the full investment.

I wish I had read more of the reviews on here before going out and buying this. I used this religiously for a while and yes it does its job of keeping your skin less oily BUT I had HORRIBLE flashback! I started a new job recently and at out companywide meeting they take a pic of you and put it up on a giant screen in the background through our first companywide meeting...........There I was with giant white circles under my eyes coz I had used it to set my under eye concealer! So if you are NC25 or more please DO NOT BUY THIS! There are others that will do the job just as well.

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of the few powders that does the job and doesn't cause flashback in photos. Expensive but worth it and lasts forever. It is truly translucent ....and doesn't show up white like some translucent powders do.

on 8/24/2017 12:43:00 PM

Powder is quite a nice one.... just dont get it why it oxidizes my undereye concealer? looks really odd... end up putting few powders on my face. and keeping in mind how expensive it is..