Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.4

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 10/6/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this translucent loose powder. It does not add cakey feel to the overall make up and has high staying power. I usually like to put some on my eyebrow prior to drawing my eyebrow with eyebrow powder. It helps it to stay even when I am in gym with my makeup after work.

I'm definitely recommending this but it is very pricey in Singapore. Around SGD70 for this. Good to buy this during sales like Sephora when there is a 20% discount. ;)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the most magical item I have ever put on my face. Somehow, this manages to set my makeup to a beautiful matte finish, and have it stay that way all day long. It makes my makeup bulletproof to heat and sweat so amazingly well. And best of all, it looks absolutely beautiful in photos. I love the slight tint to it as it helps brighten my skin even further. For application, I use my leftover damp beauty blender from foundation, and dip it into this a few times and press it into the areas I want set (not baking, just pressing the product in till it disappears).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So I've been interested in this powder for a while after reading some great reviews. I put off buying it for a while just because of the price I thought I would be able to find some cheaper alternatives. I have combination skin and wear a lot of foundation and cream contour and I was sick of looking like I was melting at the end of every day so thought I'd splash out and give this a go.
I'm so glad I did, this stuff is AMAZING!! I used it for the first time today, I have been out in the red hot humid weather all day, then I went to the gym and it didn't budge even sweating it out at the gym all my makeup stayed in place, the only place that looked abit oily was my nose but considering the workout I'd done and the fact there's no air con in my gym I was very impressed.
I applied the powder sparingly with a damp beauty blender, the annoying thing is the packaging doesn't disperse a lot of powder so it took me a while to apply as I had to keep shaking more out
I will definitely purchase this again, I doubt I will use another powder know, I just wish it was abit cheaper!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'll be totally honest- I did not WANT to love this powder. There are certain things I can talk myself into spending extra money on, but powder has never been one of them. Powder's powder, right? Over $40 for any cosmetic excluding a top-of-the-line palette is usually not in my price range, but I had heard so much hype on this particular product, it became the rare exception.

This is a great powder, not a good one, not passable- GREAT. It mattifies without creating a powdery effect on the skin, kept my skin shine-free throughout very long and strenuous workdays, set my undereyes with zero creasing OR cakeyness, provided a tiny bit of additional coverage without turning orange, the list goes on.

I don't like recommending products that are bank-breakers unless I absolutely cannot find a flaw with its application, formula, etc. There are probably two dozen loose powders on the market (including drugstore) that will do just fine and might even be a close dupe for this, but I can't give a genuinely awesome product anything less than five lippies just because it's expensive.

Sigh. I do love this powder and although it's going to be a guilty pleasure, I do see myself repurchasing it because it has made my makeup routine just that much more seamless.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the first loose powder I've tried, and it will be the last! It does a great job setting my t-zone, without changing the colour or finish of my foundation. Love!

on 12/28/2016 1:00:00 AM

This powder is just okay. Not worth the very high price. For some reason when I use this to set my undereye concealer it makes it darker?? Like when I blend it in it's a very light shade and has wonderful coverage but once I set it, it turns darker and offers less coverage. Also it makes it crease and looks cakey. I really wish this powder worked for me considering how much I paid for it, but it just didn't do it for me.

I'm really on the fence about this product. I mostly use it to mix with my other loose powders, online it's okay but I cannot bake win it because it looks dry and cakey underneath my eyes & creases a lot. However to set the face and lightly set the eyes it's great, sets everything in place & has no flashback! But I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a fairly good powder for setting makeup. However it kinda makes my face look flat and does not work well with high coverage conceAlers, sort of makes it look dry and those dreaded lines under the eyes appear. I try to use a light patting motion with the sponge but there will still be minimal lines. Also difficult to get the last bit of powder out of the container

Setting powder that is very light weight and feels very silky. I use this as the last step of my makeup routine and it helps to hide blemishes and lines. Extremely matte looking and gives great coverage.

I am extremely fair, (Elvira) and I was looking for a translucent powder I can "bake" my concealer with, and obviously word of mouth spread and decided to buy the travel size to find out if I liked it or not. With that being said;

PROS
-Silky texture on skin
-Great as a finishing powder

CONS
- Has Talc, and parabens
-The color turns slightly yellow when I bake with it (because im too fair)
-Separates my foundation
-Creases
-Brings out lines around my eyes
-Makes me look cakey as hell

This was a definite NO for me... but I see why everyone raves about it.