Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

on 9/26/2018 8:02:00 AM

This product looks great on, and is in easy to use packaging, however I am very allergic to it. It caused my whole face to itch intensely, including eyes and I got very dark under the eyes during the reaction. I might expect this from a cheap product. But this is expensive and has such a good reputation overall, so I was very surprised how horrible it was for me. Surely I can’t be the only person out there allergic to this product. So I don’t recommend it to anyone.

on 5/18/2018 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product because it had great reviews and I was very disappointed. It didn’t really do much for me, I’m yellow toned and this powder makes my foundation look pinkish grey. It doesn’t work well with certain foundations and I found that it would actually cause my foundation to bunch up and made my skin look gross and scaly. I’ve tried multiple methods of application and it still made my makeup bunch up. The packaging was also annoying because I had to shake it multiple times to get the right amount of product out. Overall, does not work well for dry skin and is overpriced and overhyped. I’ve tried $5 drugstore powders that I actually prefer over this $50 one.

on 4/14/2018 7:20:00 AM

Packaging: Overall rating is good. Has a spacious lid to pour product into & shuts tightly so product doesn’t get out. Price: Is expensive but at the same time probably one of the cheaper high end powders there is. Product: Finely milled. Does make the under eye area feel & look smoother. Probably would work & feel better on oily skin because I have dry skin & rarely use this product to set under my eyes & as a face powder because it feels & looks so drying !! Even after a good prep it looks like concrete. Good to bake the sides of the nose & under cheekbone contour but for me a waste of money so i wouldn’t buy again.

on 2/7/2018 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cant fault this powder. Okay the price point may not be the best but i forget about that as it does wonders for my face. Not only does it mattify my skin but it increases the wear of my makeup. Gives no flashback and feels light weight on the face. 100% recommend

This is the most magical item I have ever put on my face. Somehow, this manages to set my makeup to a beautiful matte finish, and have it stay that way all day long. It makes my makeup bulletproof to heat and sweat so amazingly well. And best of all, it looks absolutely beautiful in photos. I love the slight tint to it as it helps brighten my skin even further. For application, I use my leftover damp beauty blender from foundation, and dip it into this a few times and press it into the areas I want set (not baking, just pressing the product in till it disappears).

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay. This stuff is the real deal. I hate the price, but god dangit if I'm not willing to fork it over for this magical fairy dust.

on 5/19/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

At this age of 53 this seems to be the best loose powder the trick is to apply only a little bit and I make sure to put punch holes when I first open it up I keep the sticky on and just use a safety-pin otherwise too much comes out but I highly recommend this powder the only con is its price and the color selection is very few but it works wonders for older skin!

on 4/23/2017 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

amazing product

on 3/1/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I truly dont get the hype for this product. I bought it, cause so many people were raving about it.
I've used this product in the past to bake underneath my eyes and sometimes use it as a light dusting over the rest of my face. I have rather dry skin, so this powder (if i have a bad skinday) makes my skin look dry, caked and cracked. But also using it for its original purpose (baking underneath the eyes), wasnt a great succes. I have hereditary dark circles, so i tend to use a lot of undereye concealer. My number one frustration in that regard is creasing, so i've tried this plenty of times to prevent that.
I have to say it does keep the creasing slightly more at bay (therefor 2 lippies instead of one). Creasing however does still happen, i just have to touch up less frequently. However after a couple of hours there is this visible line of cakeage on my cheekbones, which stands out majorly from the rest of my face.
I suppose, this powder would be rather nice for people with oily skin, but i just cant imagine it working for any other skintype.

on 1/13/2017 6:47:00 PM