Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay. This stuff is the real deal. I hate the price, but god dangit if I'm not willing to fork it over for this magical fairy dust.

on 5/19/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

At this age of 53 this seems to be the best loose powder the trick is to apply only a little bit and I make sure to put punch holes when I first open it up I keep the sticky on and just use a safety-pin otherwise too much comes out but I highly recommend this powder the only con is its price and the color selection is very few but it works wonders for older skin!

on 4/23/2017 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

amazing product

on 3/1/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I truly dont get the hype for this product. I bought it, cause so many people were raving about it.
I've used this product in the past to bake underneath my eyes and sometimes use it as a light dusting over the rest of my face. I have rather dry skin, so this powder (if i have a bad skinday) makes my skin look dry, caked and cracked. But also using it for its original purpose (baking underneath the eyes), wasnt a great succes. I have hereditary dark circles, so i tend to use a lot of undereye concealer. My number one frustration in that regard is creasing, so i've tried this plenty of times to prevent that.
I have to say it does keep the creasing slightly more at bay (therefor 2 lippies instead of one). Creasing however does still happen, i just have to touch up less frequently. However after a couple of hours there is this visible line of cakeage on my cheekbones, which stands out majorly from the rest of my face.
I suppose, this powder would be rather nice for people with oily skin, but i just cant imagine it working for any other skintype.

on 1/13/2017 6:47:00 PM

worth the buy

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've stopped using loose powder as they were starting to emphasize on the age-lines beneath my eyes. But then again, I could had been using way too much and with the wrong application (puff puff all over the face, every square inch of my face with a light layer of loose powder - SO WRONG now I know!).

With this powder, I either use the designated puff (sold separately), applied in a dabbing motion, or with a damp BB, and only on areas needed - under the eyes (especially, very very little - I don't wear concealer, just to keep my mascara from smudging onto my lower lids), and on my T-zone as I don't like my T-zone to shine.

Yes, they do keep the oilies away (although I am more dehydrated-dry). I also don't get a dry/tight feeling, unlike other powders.

Only that I supposed I'll have to buy the pressed version for my travels.

Yes, this is a keeper, and I'll repurchase. Definitely.

on 7/14/2016 12:01:00 PM

This stuff is horrible for dry skin try a light touch of bobbi brown weightless skin powder foundation to set makeup.....trust me

on 6/22/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using the translucent loose powder since about late December-early January. Given that I've used it in several seasons and months now (I've had the travel size) and I'm still not close to being done, I've given it a pretty good test run and feel comfortable sharing my thoughts on it.

The loose powder is a very nicely milled product that feels smooth and silky when you run it under your fingers. It sheers out beautifully and it does a great job of keeping things matte. For someone with dry skin, I initially worried about this and my big concern was if it would dry out my skin. It does not dry out my undereyes and does a great job keeping my concealer there without creasing. All over the face, however, does look a bit patchy. Despite this, I find a few sprays of MAC Fix+ actually removes the powdery, scaly look and makes it look super natural again, while keeping a demi-matte finish. While I normally would be miffed that I have to use several products to get something working the way I want, I don't hold that against this because powders and dry skin typically don't mix so adding a bit of Fix+ is an easy solution for the exact results I want.

For us dry skinned folk, I would recommend using a powder puff rather than a brush to apply. The brush only kicks up dry patches and a powder puff (when rolling side-to-side) helps to press it into the skin. The only time I use a brush for this product is with the Real Techniques Setting Powder brush and that's only for under my under-eyes.

I wouldn't imagine oily skinned or combo skinned (maybe even normal) folk to have the same problems and I could see this working really well for all of the above. It's just us dry/dehydrated skins that might struggle a bit, but it's nothing a little Fix+ can't help. For POCs, I don't know if this would be good for anything other than baking because it may give a slight ashiness, but I'd still recommend getting the travel size from Sephora to test it out for yourself.

I don't find it adds any additional color, so if you're looking for something to add more coverage, I don't know that this product would meet those needs. However, for something to help longevity in your makeup and give more of a matte appearance, this product is great.

After using up this, I think I'm going to try the ByTerry Hydra Powder, but this is a product I'd definitely repurchase and will do so if the ByTerry does not work.

Pros:

- Available in a travel-size (which comes with a powder puff!) and larger size (does not)
- Does not add color (for those not looking for that)
- Mattifies very effectively
- Great for baking
- Generous amount of product
- Does a good job of preventing under-eye concealer creasing
- Helps to prolong makeup wear

Cons:

- Dry-skinned folk may have difficulty with product and may need to use additional products to get desired results
- Does not add color (for those looking for that)
- May not work well for POCs

At first when i tried it, it dried up so badly under my eye! And after yesterday, i realised it may be because I used the wrong applicator.

For people who have dry skin!!!! DO NOT use brush to set it or use brush to brush it off and DO NOT BAKE (if you feel that it dried up really badly for ya). What i did was I used a beauty blender, dip in the powder, and i dap it on my eyes and i dap until the powder was set under my eye area. It still does whiten up the under eye area but it does not cake or dry up. It looks SMOOTH.

For people who tried it and think that this isn't for you, don't throw it away! Just use a beauty blender to dap it in. It'll look smooth! Remember, DO NOT BAKE it, just dap it in!

EDIT: I used Morphe E8 and dap the powder under my eyes using it and it doesn't cake at all. Sometimes it might be the type of brush you use!!

on 2/2/2016 1:27:00 PM

At first I was skeptical about buying this powder. Mainly because of the price tag, and also, a lot of people who review this product say it's for oily skin. I have good skin, clear but dry with some minor imperfections. I've been using this powder for about two weeks now and I am in love with it. It's a HG and staple item in my makeup routine, whether on light or heavy makeup days. Usually my everyday makeup routine is just concealer under the eyes and cheeks, on top of moisturizer. I apply this on top of my concealer with a beauty blender (I actually use a RT miracle complexion sponge which imo is better than the original BB. Using a sponge to apply this powder is really the way to go in my opinion. I get such a lovely finish. My face seems to glow and looks natural, it blurs out any dryness and pores. Without it my concealer probably would come off by the end of the day because my skin seems to like eat my makeup so it looks like I'm wearing none by the end of the day. With this powder my face looks so fresh for like 12+ hours. After I press this on my face with a sponge I like to dust it all over lightly with a fluffy powder brush.
This works well with a full face of makeup too, sometimes you can still tell if I have makeup on because it clings to my dry patches on my face but with this powder on top of everything I get a satin velvety finish. You honestly won't know you need tie product until you see it on your face. I would definitely recommend this product.