Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.4

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I would never understand the hype for this product!The texture is thick and coarse!The finish is a lifeless matte mask.This powder sucks all the moisture of your skin
The ingredients are irritating and acgenique (parabens ,exthilexil palmitate )
The worst powder I ever had

Pros:
Very fine milled.
Silky and easy to blend.
Sets foundation nice.
Perfect for baking etc.
Translucent, but does have a very pale yellow tinge but hardly detectable on the skin.

Cons:
Expensive. $62 AUD for 29g.
Hard to find unless you order online. Only available in a few department/makeup stores.
There are other cheaper drugstore loose powders that do pretty much same job. Maybelline shine free loose powder is a cheaper dupe although the shades are limited (only light and medium). Or Coty airspun.

This broke me out. For anyone that is sensitive to coconut/coconut derivatives, this has caprylic triglyceride in it so i would avoid it.

This is probably one of the best buys of 2017 for me. I use creamy foundation so this powder not only adds a touch of matt but provides such a lovely subtle shine and contouring effect as well. Furthermore, it lasts all day which is always a plus.
To use it best, dampen a makeup sponge and apply it under your eyes down to the end of your nose and then blend it. For a very contoured look apply two layers and a dab on the tip of your nose. It will make you look flawless and glowing!

on 10/12/2016 5:55:00 AM

The problem with this product is that it takes a little getting use to and a while for you to pick up the trick and make your finish look great. For the first week this was sitting on my table, it's only when I picked it up again and started using it properly that the finish came out much better than when I first tried it. The trick is to put a generous amount under the eye to give it a more highlighted look. As the product is worth £29, it's more expensive than the usual product, but after giving it another shot I would recommend it, it's a good investment and does it's job in making your finish look ten times better.

Holy grail powder , makes your skin look airbrushed, it hides your pores, havent found any other powder that compares, it will last a long time , pricey but so worth the $40

on 12/21/2015 5:33:00 PM

This didn't work for my skin with the FX foundation.

34.00 dollars at sephora. Im black and was scared this product would make me look ashy. but no. Its actually translucent. I use it to set my TM and it works nicely. It sets it in a way that makes it look like non oily skin instead of an obvious powder. I also ave dry skin but this didnt make my skin feel tight. I would repurchase.

on 11/10/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Used the powder years ago and loved it! The powder is high quality and very fine in texture (it feels great on the skin). But just like most Laura Mercier products, it is soooooooooooooo expensive. I ended up switching to a drugstore brand that works well for the price.

on 11/26/2008 9:57:00 AM

I had a GWP sample of the loose powder but didnt use it til the summer months. The powder is finely milled and whilst its "tanslucent", it leaves the skin looking matte and poreless. However, my cheeks were itchy when I used it and I had a few more blackheads after usage. I'm suspecting that the loose powder caused it as I hadnt been using anything new.